Close

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 250
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Victoria Canada
    Posts
    70
    Rep Points
    319.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    does anyone really know what happened to this ess car that pooped it self or is it all he said this, I heard this, someone saw him put diesel fuel in it ? Im sure if it was put on a dyno still make more hp then other kits........ Click here to enlarge

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,107.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VCMPower Click here to enlarge
    does anyone really know what happened to this ess car that pooped it self or is it all he said this, I heard this, someone saw him put diesel fuel in it ? Im sure if it was put on a dyno still make more hp then other kits........ Click here to enlarge
    Diesel fuel in it, lol.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    979
    Rep Points
    2,200.8
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    I think this great quote from the other forum answers my question. Im all for installing smaller pulleys but at least call it what it is. A 625 kit running a smaller pulley is no longer a 625 kit Click here to enlarge.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tightie Click here to enlarge
    I love how all the facts get mixed up from Sunday to now.


    I had everyone complimenting me on Sunday saying how great I ran, people saying nice kill, etc, this that but now its all a different story once it hits M3post. Adam is a great guy and I'm sure he'll have my back on this.


    First run, I didn't get the jump. I asked Adam right after the run and he even said it was a even race. He tried catching up and he couldn't. (Ask Adam)


    Second run, I just raced the lambo, I didn't sit around and wait for my car to cool down. Only cool down I had was waiting in line to run. I was bouncing off 2nd gear and Adam got the jump. He won, plain and simple.


    Did I make any excuses? No I Didnt. A win is a win.


    I love how everyone discredits me because I'm running a Gintani kit and not a ESS kit. Even if I won both races, it wouldn't make a difference to ESS's reputation or Gintani's. This forum is 90% ESS, 5% Gintani, 5% AA/VF. Relax. It's not the end of the world M33. Put your boner down.


    I'm running a bolt on Stage 2 kit. 7.5 psi No meth, stock rev limiter. Gintani X pipe and Stock rear muffler.
    I'll post the dyno when I post my write up. I made 577 Wheel at 8100 rpm.


    I ran against Adam running a 625 kit with a 650 pulley. Fact is a fact. He beat (bubu) by one car length.(multiple times - standard 625 kit) Adam's dyno says that he is running 6 psi or whatever the situation is. I don't care.


    I have seen 625/650 kits run 7,8 psi or more. One of the car's even hit 9 PSI. Adam's car for some strange reason, doesn't capture the boost at the dyno. But if you go on PG's database, you can see it all there in black and white. I don't care how much boost he is running, boost is just a measure that is controlled by air. At the end of the day, look at the power, that's my discussion here.


    If anyone wants me to show up to a dyno, I'll be there, I have nothing to hide. We can both tap boost, afr, everything. (sidenote)


    Let me tell you a FUNNY story about that morning:


    BUBU: Is that your m3?
    Josh: Yes
    BUBU: Want to run a ESS supercharged m3?
    Josh: Yes
    Bubu Comes up 5 minutes later ready to race.
    Josh: Hey man, I think we got off on the wrong foot, My name is Josh. I'm more then happy to race you, that's why I'm here. I just got here, I haven't ran this event before, I want to try it out on myself, put some race gas and I'm more then happy to race you. (Bubu was there the day before)


    We parted our ways, I did a test run, I raced a mustang and then I raced Adam. After I won Adam, Bubu never opened his mouth again to race me. We spoke on MANY MANY different times through out the day. Even when I walked up to him ALONE, he JUMPED in his car and drove away. Clearly he did not want to run me. I have no reason to lie, I can careless if I lost dude. This is all fun and games for me.


    It's funny, it's all really funny. I don't do forum politics. I don't care for these things. I do this because it's fun. When people sit here and come on the forum, change the story up, it's where it doesn't get fun.


    I don't care if Gintani sells more kits, if ESS sells more kits. Obviously ESS has sold 300 kits alone last year. Great. I understand ESS is a great company and product. I'm not knocking them, I like Roman, I've spoken to Roman a million times, I was about to order a 625 for my car. At the end of the day, I didn't. I don't have one negative thing to say about ESS/Roman/anyone. In fact I like him, the product and most customers. Some customers are retarded, arrogant pricks but well just leave that alone.


    Everyone thinks that Gintani sucks but Gintani doesn't suck. Gintani sucked when Jeremy tuned for them. Jeremy screwed their whole reputation up. Jeremy is out of the picture. He's gone. Everything is NEW. New manifold, new components, NEW TUNER, NEW TUNE. It's not the same Gintani that everyone talks about. I made GREAT GREAT POWER. SAFELY. No one can knock that. I like the fact that there is a enclosed carbon air box, no other kit has that. I like the fact that I'm not running the SC belt off the crank pulley, I have a pulley jsut for the SC system. Every kit is different. This tune kicks $#@!ing ass and it's SAFE. I'm not hitting 12.2 afrs, I don't even get out of 11.4. I track the $#@! out of my car, all I care about is safety. You know what, I'm happy I put this kit on. I don't care what all the fanboys are going to say.


    I have showed multiple people my dyno, they have said NOTHING but POSITIVE things.


    It's honestly sad how everything is about politics, what happen to going out and having fun? Instead the video gets edited from different angles, trying to discredit me?


    Enjoy, I'm out.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,107.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    It's all politics. Amazing how ESS warped all their minds.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,197
    Rep Points
    1,802.8
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    tightie throwing it down, taking no $#@! from nobody & being respectful (as possible) at the same --- Guess he put the s/c back on his car instead of trying to part it out.


    Def looking forward to the E9x M3 dropping into the "more affordable" price range & people bolting on some big HP
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,462
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    longboarder over-exaggerate and mislead? nooooooooooooooooo... not him...

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    boston
    Posts
    565
    Rep Points
    389.4
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    tightie throwing it down, taking no $#@! from nobody & being respectful (as possible) at the same --- Guess he put the s/c back on his car instead of trying to part it out.


    Def looking forward to the E9x M3 dropping into the "more affordable" price range & people bolting on some big HP
    from the picture he posted it looked different, new manifold
    m3

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,107.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inter1032 Click here to enlarge
    from the picture he posted it looked different, new manifold
    It is a new manifold. I believe I just got mine.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,197
    Rep Points
    1,802.8
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inter1032 Click here to enlarge
    from the picture he posted it looked different, new manifold
    Minor swap since he was using the original Gintani blower... Who knows, maybe he bought a full-brand new kit
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Victoria Canada
    Posts
    70
    Rep Points
    319.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    just like stickers make 10whp and 800whp if you have a k&n s/c with no charge pipesClick here to enlarge

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    boston
    Posts
    565
    Rep Points
    389.4
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Minor swap since he was using the original Gintani blower... Who knows, maybe he bought a full-brand new kit
    you need other things i believe to go from stage 3 down to stage 2, if you read his for sale post on the other site you will see it
    m3

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,197
    Rep Points
    1,802.8
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inter1032 Click here to enlarge
    you need other things i believe to go from stage 3 down to stage 2, if you read his for sale post on the other site you will see it
    He's using a Stage 2 bolt-on kit. So it's basically just the intercooled manifold, heat exchanger + associated plumbing, Vortech blower, blower bracket, belts, & injectors. He already had everything he needed from his old E92 M3 6MT that was a Stage 3 (built motor), just prob traded out his old T-Trim blower to the V3 Si & upgraded to the new Gintani manifold.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,462
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    GINTANI USES T TRIM ON all kits

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,107.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    GINTANI USES T TRIM ON all kits
    What? No they don't.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,197
    Rep Points
    1,802.8
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    GINTANI USES T TRIM ON all kits
    Pretty sure they use the Vortech V3Si on their stock motor kits, then for Stage 3 you have the option of V3Si, T-Trim or YSI
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,894
    Rep Points
    1,422.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    That thread other there is fairly civil, unless they cleaned it up. Just M33 popping off as usual.


  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    979
    Rep Points
    2,200.8
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    That thread other there is fairly civil, unless they cleaned it up. Just M33 popping off as usual.
    It was cleaned up.. Even my nice comment :/

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,107.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    Just M33 popping off as usual.
    Why doesn't he just tattoo ESS on his forehead and leave everyone else alone? I've never seen such an idiotic blind forum fanboy in my entire life. Other than Laguna Blue whatever.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    979
    Rep Points
    2,200.8
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why doesn't he just tattoo ESS on his forehead and leave everyone else alone? I've never seen such an idiotic blind forum fanboy in my entire life. Other than Laguna Blue whatever.
    WHats the one that starts with a P?

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    804
    Rep Points
    641.4
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    It was cleaned up.. Even my nice comment :/
    Facts:

    That site sucks balls now.

    Roman use to sell stereo equipment.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    804
    Rep Points
    641.4
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why would it? Can you provide a technical reason why a blower that doesn't make full boost at low RPM will annihilate a motor with a few gallons of 89 octane being driven to another gas station?
    Clearly I haven't tested it. It is an educated guess based on past experience and the minimum octane rating of the stock tune.

    But detonation at WOT at max rpm with max boost is likely worse right?
    Certainly. Roman did mention that the guy blew by him on the targa on 91, so clearly he was not taking it easy. The owner did not debate that either. However, with the way they modify threads over there, it's hard to know what is actually being said.

    Previous owner claimed 91 octane dynos. Dyno games then?
    Wouldn't surprise me. Benvo showed that EAS manipulated the dynos and they cleaned it up. So really from my perspective, it is nearly impossible to trust *any* data posted on m3post. They were dishonest once, so why wouldn't they be dishonest again?

    They would. What they should have done is made sure to spare everyone any trouble. Go above and beyond...
    Eh, I disagree - I mean they told him what was required and he didn't follow instructions. Can lead a horse to water...can't force it to drink.

    Guy said he already heard the motor making noises. We saw a vid of another ESS guy with a car making apparently the same noise and he traded it in before it failed like the class act he is.
    He later backed down from that position and agreed that it was not making noise when he bought it. Guy sounds like a flake to be honest, but who knows...I don't know him.

    Thank you, I agree 100%. And this is why people jumping at 89 octane as the scapegoat to spare any possible blame to anyone or anything else are sheep.
    Certainly cannot draw this a definitive root cause. However, it for damn sure did not help...just so dumb. Still hard for me to wrap my head around how you could be so careless with a new, and heavily modified car.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,107.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by singletrack Click here to enlarge
    Clearly I haven't tested it. It is an educated guess based on past experience and the minimum octane rating of the stock tune.
    But the ECU will still pull timing to a degree and you aren't making much boost. I mean it's not going to destroy your motor right away it isn't made of glass.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by singletrack Click here to enlarge
    Certainly. Roman did mention that the guy blew by him on the targa on 91, so clearly he was not taking it easy. The owner did not debate that either. However, with the way they modify threads over there, it's hard to know what is actually being said.
    IMO I don't think 91 octane is the problem here, I really don't.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by singletrack Click here to enlarge
    Wouldn't surprise me. Benvo showed that EAS manipulated the dynos and they cleaned it up. So really from my perspective, it is nearly impossible to trust *any* data posted on m3post. They were dishonest once, so why wouldn't they be dishonest again?
    Well that stuff about EAS is up here, nobody is cleaning that up.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by singletrack Click here to enlarge
    Eh, I disagree - I mean they told him what was required and he didn't follow instructions. Can lead a horse to water...can't force it to drink.
    True but did they even so much as send an e-mail or PM? I would simply to be able to reference it later as "hey, I tried."

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by singletrack Click here to enlarge
    He later backed down from that position and agreed that it was not making noise when he bought it. Guy sounds like a flake to be honest, but who knows...I don't know him.
    Really odd but I would think the only reason he backed off from that would be because he got an offer to do so. What, suddenly, that didn't happen and his mind changed? Why even say it in the first place?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by singletrack Click here to enlarge
    Certainly cannot draw this a definitive root cause. However, it for damn sure did not help...just so dumb. Still hard for me to wrap my head around how you could be so careless with a new, and heavily modified car.
    The whole situation is idiotic, from all sides.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,462
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What? No they don't.
    was pretty sure they did.. eh, 3rd time im wrong then

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,537
    Rep Points
    1,743.7
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    Yes Reputation No
    Does the tune somehow disable knock detection? If not than if you run crap gas and start to knock it should automatically pull timing correct? Isn't this how most modern engines work?

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,197
    Rep Points
    1,802.8
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Does the tune somehow disable knock detection? If not than if you run crap gas and start to knock it should automatically pull timing correct? Isn't this how most modern engines work?
    The S65 wasn't FI from the factory, so the DME was never programmed to protect itself against excessive knock that would be caused from the additional stress of a supercharger & additional +200 WHP (especially if this guy was hammering the car deep into redline on $#@! gas)
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •