Close

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dirt11 Click here to enlarge
    The car is all fixed.It was Active Autowerke that pulled the motor apart to correct the problems created by the OTHER shop.I was the one who found the fuel leak and temporarily fixed the leak with crush washers until I got someone to cut and weld a proper AN fitting on the end of the rails.I fixed all the wiring and chased down all the bad grounds.The rocker panel is not yet fixed and soon enough the car will be completed.Then I will get the rocker panel pulled out by these restoration guys I know that use no BONDO all metal and any light filler is two part epoxy.
    The last shop did the fabrication work that needed to be done so all I need is to get a chance for the tuner and I to meet in Charlotte to do the last bit of finessing.
    The radiator is getting replaced as well as the expansion tank ,the Aquamist will be working here in another week,I hope -That is if I can straighten the wiring out on it which I think I can with help.I am going to add a fuel pressure sender and gauge to my PLX stuff.Add a few items to stiffen the chassis a bit and then in the fall time do a trip to VIR.
    Man good thing the car went to some decent guys like AA to help sort out all those issues. That other shop needs to get things in order before they think about working on cars again. That bov looks like it had 2-3 tubes of jb weld mix slapped on it. I'm not sure if you have mentioned this or not, but how much psi is the beast making?
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    Man good thing the car went to some decent guys like AA to help sort out all those issues. That other shop needs to get things in order before they think about working on cars again. That bov looks like it had 2-3 tubes of jb weld mix slapped on it. I'm not sure if you have mentioned this or not, but how much psi is the beast making?
    That is a good question actually as the PLX Boost Gauge has not been set up properly and shows 0 PSI. I think around 14 PSI at 6250 RPM,but we have to remember,unfortunately,that the PINHEADS in Thomasville hooked up the BPVs incorrectly so there is really no telling.As they ,the BPVs are bleeding air off and they should not be .....
    BUT , calculating it out it should be around 14PSI as at Karls' they got around 11 PSI ( Maxing the MAF out big time) and I added the larger crank pulley ( plus another fuel pump,larger injectors) and had the charge piping cleaned up.The crank pulley was .75" larger and rule of thumb is 1 pound of boost to 1/4" of crank pulley.
    I got the manual on the PLX OBD II system I have and will figure out why it is not reading Boost,but yet reads Vacuum...
    I have to go do my chores for the wife first......
    You can see the MAF over whelmed by the amount of air the T-trim could produce here on a Dyno I had done.
    Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Dirt11; 08-15-2010 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Added Dyno MAF

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    after looking over all the pictures and problems you ran too and found, i'm going to look over my install thoroughly....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here is one thread that did not get deleted of me putting the trunk back in a proper manner.
    Why were they deleted and what was in them? If it was just plain bashing I'm not surprised bf.c deleted it. If it was relevant content, I'm very disappointed that site has become the way it has.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is this the same 5 series as the user titanium silver?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why were they deleted and what was in them? If it was just plain bashing I'm not surprised bf.c deleted it. If it was relevant content, I'm very disappointed that site has become the way it has.
    No actually there was no bashing there were just a whole lot of pictures showing the entire mess that ICS made of the 2K $$$ Aquamist installation.RON AKA MADHATTER at BF.C removed the thread at George's behest.I believe that I was referred to as a "Douche Bag" by George when describing me to Ron.Then he ( RON) put the thread back( After I called Kevin about it ) ,but he had altered the thread deleting all the pictures and information that showed how poor a job was done by ICS.It was just the facts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is this the same 5 series as the user titanium silver?
    YES, since I decided to post the build I did not want anyone to think I was being sneaky and am posting as most people know of me and the car.T-Trim 540i is another name as well as Yadayadayada.I never intended to post actually,but got convinced to do so in the end.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here are some of the pictures that got posted,you decide.These are just a few pictures of the way the trunk of my car was left by ICS after doing their install.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

These are the replacement panels that I was told by George he would pay for ,but he never did pay for them.I do have a copy of that email if you would like to see it.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Dirt11; 08-15-2010 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Added comment and pictures

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

ON A LIGHTER NOTE,the intercooler that AA put in the car ( PWR ) and the oil cooler I fitted into the car ( Setrab with my design for a bracket)
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    damn Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Can we see reciepts or can you tell us how much this hack job cost you ?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 05m3smg Click here to enlarge
    Can we see reciepts or can you tell us how much this hack job cost you ?
    I think the link to the Bimmerfest short thread had all of that,I think.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i would like to see the copy of the email

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    YES, since I decided to post the build I did not want anyone to think I was being sneaky and am posting as most people know of me and the car.T-Trim 540i is another name as well as Yadayadayada.I never intended to post actually,but got convinced to do so in the end.
    Thanks for clearing that all up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ON A LIGHTER NOTE,the intercooler that AA put in the car ( PWR ) and the oil cooler I fitted into the car ( Setrab with my design for a bracket)
    That looks angry... angry and beautiful.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No actually there was no bashing there were just a whole lot of pictures showing the entire mess that ICS made of the 2K $$$ Aquamist installation.RON AKA MADHATTER at BF.C removed the thread at George's behest.I believe that I was referred to as a "Douche Bag" by George when describing me to Ron.Then he ( RON) put the thread back( After I called Kevin about it ) ,but he had altered the thread deleting all the pictures and information that showed how poor a job was done by ICS.It was just the facts.
    Well, censorship is why BimmerBoost exists. The BMW community has had its fill of it, no more. You are allowed to express yourself here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cnotesdip Click here to enlarge
    i would like to see the copy of the email
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not so much a problem for Mr.X coming back actually it is more that I am satisfied with the 600+ WHP and 560 WTQ that the car produces now.That was always my goal from the beginning.It just took a lifetime to get there as you are seeing the finished,almost finished,project.There were a heck of a lot of bumps along the way.
    When Mr.X returns this time and tunes the car with the hardware all correct it will not get anymore HP or TQ really as I am still limiting the car to 6300 or so RPM.It will just be correct.The hardware problem is that a vacuum port is venting to the atmosphere and the BPVs are not properly connected.As well there was a heck of an exhaust leak that was pretty stupid that the last shop even let me have the car with it leaking,but they did which made me fully aware that there would be other mistakes.I have found that when you find one error there are always more.
    I put the car up in the air the next morning after arriving home really late the night before and immeadiately saw the exhaust leak problem and fixed it.The collector had fallen down from the headers about 2.5" thus there was a bunch of air pouring out.
    I have learned a valuable lesson out of all this when it comes to Forced Induction street cars that the shops that I have seen and used have their own agenda or they have no eye for detail or they just do not know their rear end from a hole in the ground.I am never letting my car out of my sight again.If I do need a shop to do something that I am not capable of doing in my own garage I will be standing directly over their shoulder making sure they do the procedure properly.
    I have owned a bunch of cars in my life and never have I run into the kind of headwinds, to be polite, that I have run into with this BMW trying to get it Super Charged.What a royal pain in the butt it has been and kind of pricey to boot.
    The only shinning light is the introduction to Mr.X as he is undoubtedly one of the smartest tuners out in the world period.It is a hobby for him when he gets his hands on a car that is able to go the distance with his tune.That is why he is drawn to nuts like me or Peter or Josh that have these completely built V8 motors that can handle going to the higher HP #s.My car could go much higher the in HP realm ,but I figured how much do you need and how much can you put to the ground with 265s for shoes.I am sure Peters car will get much higher #s as well as Josh's old car.
    Of course Rikard Andersson is building one with the V7 in Sweden and he is always ahead of us Yanks as well as Thordur in Iceland has a killer M5 and he was way ahead of us once again.
    I was thinking of an Alpha-N tune also. I like the idea of doing away with the MAF. But, since I have a chip tune, I can also use the Miller Performance "War Chip", that allows for 4 tunes on 1 chip. I would like 1 tune for Cali 91 crapgas and another for 100 race fuel. I have a great tuner here in the Bay Area in 034 Motosport from Audi racing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BigM62 Click here to enlarge
    I was thinking of an Alpha-N tune also. I like the idea of doing away with the MAF. But, since I have a chip tune, I can also use the Miller Performance "War Chip", that allows for 4 tunes on 1 chip. I would like 1 tune for Cali 91 crapgas and another for 100 race fuel. I have a great tuner here in the Bay Area in 034 Motosport from Audi racing.
    You will still have to deal with the amount of air passing through the MAF.The Porsche 803 is an option maybe ,but your blower pushes more air than mine and mine maxed out the stock Euro MAF a long time ago.( Thus the flat line in the dyno information above)Of course you could use a voltage scaler in line I guess. Every tuner has their own methods.It is the tuners car in all actuality as he is the one that decides the fuel delivery,the injectors and of course the most important part the tune.
    If I had followed down the path the tuner ( NOT AJ after AJ ) had me on the motor would have blown for sure.It would have been way to lean and detonation would have occurred.
    I do have a 7.75" 8 rib Buldogge built crank pulley with a 3.0" high traction Vortech SC pulley so it is spinning the blower at a good rate of speed at a lower RPM which is what I intended all along as it is the high RPMs that wear on an engine.If you look at the last Dyno,even if the car was not set up correctly yet Click here to enlarge , it reaches 560 foot pounds of torque at 5250 RPM.
    As I said it will be interesting to see what Rikard Andersson comes up with in his V7 build.
    As well it will be interesting to see the aftercooler OZ has planned for your car with the V7.
    My problem now is to get the Aquamist operational and try to figure out a possible radiator alternative as I know I am at the limits of the 1.5" single pass dimpled core radiator that is in the car now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I got the Aquamist working,finally.It took half the day to get the car apart to get to the wiring and tracking down the problem.Now I just need to figure out where to set the Trip Adjustment.
    Of course I found more things that I am going to have to look at a bit better.The car is apart for awhile.
    http://s782.photobucket.com/albums/y...=AQUAMIST1.mp4
    A little out of focus on this one
    http://s782.photobucket.com/albums/y...=Aquamist2.mp4

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I did have the SC coupling pop off the charge pipe yesterday when I was revving the engine.Scared the hell out of me.All I could think is now what!!!So that brought to my attention the coupler it's self and I ordered another one today.
    Click here to enlarge
    Then I looked at the charge pipe.I am heading to my friends shop to clean it up this afternoon.
    Click here to enlarge
    Then I figured I might as well take it all apart and found this more than once.
    Click here to enlarge
    So I am going to pull the rest apart ,change all 12 quarts of oil out plus new filter,I have the temp senders(BOTH) on their way with a new fan shroud.So next week the car should be back together with all this new stuff and the aquamist working which will mean that it will be ready by the first week in September for Mr.X.
    I even cleaned the motor off for the very first time since the car is going to be sitting for a week.I have three fans blowing on the engine bay so it should all be dry today.
    Click here to enlarge
    My aquamist priming container.Good to see fluid in it finally.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I found my oil leak.Another ICS product.
    Click here to enlarge
    Why they did not just put a 10 AN fitting instead of depending on a hose clamp I will never know.I can not get the oil line undone from the engine so I have to punt kick this project and I wrapped the fitting with amalgamated tape then put it in the oil line then used two hose clamps and then wrapped the outside with amalgamated tape once again.I used RED tape to remind me to fix it properly the next time I go to my friends shop.I have the car pretty much apart.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How much work are we talking until the car is running?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

How much work are we talking until the car is running?
    Well I have a new radiator shroud and the two temp senders as well as a 28 pound radiator cap on their way.I should have the new coupling on Monday for the SC.I have figured out the problem on the intake side of the SC.I need a few clamps.The aquamist is working,YEA...
    So to answer you if all the pieces show up by next Wednesday I will have the car back together by Friday.Oh yeah I have to put the 12 quarts of oil into the car,but I have the oil and filter here at the house.Friday is a good time to go for....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    After all the money you spend, its a shame that you had to fix the car yourself but after your experience i wouldn't let anyone touch the car neither..

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast