Close

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    This is the only moving Video and it is an old one before I had Mr.X go Alpha N on the tune.As soon as I get it completely correct I will borrow one of the little cameras that attach to the car and do a short run.It sounds about the same anyway,kinda whinny,kinda loud.Now the only real difference is the fuel pump makes a bit of noise.
    http://s782.photobucket.com/albums/y...DSCON_0001.flv
    Here is one just sitting and the fuel pump is heard.
    http://s782.photobucket.com/albums/y...t=MOV06225.mp4

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dirt11 Click here to enlarge
    I had Mr.X go Alpha N on the tune.As soon as I get it completely correct I will borrow one of the little cameras that attach to the car and do a short run
    Ok, so for it to be totally completed the way you want it will require another tune from Mr. X, correct?

What is the time frame you are looking at?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sounds like a proper V8.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yep,unfortunately when Mr.X showed up to do the tune the hardware was not correct.More pinheads at work.I realized the error when I got the car home and contacted Mr.X and told him the situation.( If I correct the hardware situation ,which I can, it changes the tune.That is the "RUB" of an Alpha N Tune .Everything has to stay the same as when it was tuned.If you want to do more modifications ,you will have to have the car tuned again) He said no worry as he would be in the country once a month until January.I hope he will be meeting me in Charlotte at a shop by the name of Eurowise,they have a Mustang Dyno and are only 5 miles from the airport , in September.I know he is going to tune the M5 that is being put together for Peter out of NYC in the middle of September so I am shooting for that time period.I will call Mr.X this coming week to find out his intentions.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That is the "RUB" of an Alpha N Tune .Everything has to stay the same as when it was tuned.If you want to do more modifications ,you will have to have the car tuned again)
    So once he completes his final tune I take it you won't be changing anything for a while due to the difficult of having Mr. X come out? Correct?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I should of said a picture taken by Dave Villanova while he briefly was at ICS before he opened Barvarian Solutions.The 7.75" crank pulley was made by Buldogge in St.Louis AKA Red Star International.
    Ahh I see. He was smart to only stay briefly.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Not so much a problem for Mr.X coming back actually it is more that I am satisfied with the 600+ WHP and 560 WTQ that the car produces now.That was always my goal from the beginning.It just took a lifetime to get there as you are seeing the finished,almost finished,project.There were a heck of a lot of bumps along the way.
    When Mr.X returns this time and tunes the car with the hardware all correct it will not get anymore HP or TQ really as I am still limiting the car to 6300 or so RPM.It will just be correct.The hardware problem is that a vacuum port is venting to the atmosphere and the BPVs are not properly connected.As well there was a heck of an exhaust leak that was pretty stupid that the last shop even let me have the car with it leaking,but they did which made me fully aware that there would be other mistakes.I have found that when you find one error there are always more.
    I put the car up in the air the next morning after arriving home really late the night before and immeadiately saw the exhaust leak problem and fixed it.The collector had fallen down from the headers about 2.5" thus there was a bunch of air pouring out.
    I have learned a valuable lesson out of all this when it comes to Forced Induction street cars that the shops that I have seen and used have their own agenda or they have no eye for detail or they just do not know their rear end from a hole in the ground.I am never letting my car out of my sight again.If I do need a shop to do something that I am not capable of doing in my own garage I will be standing directly over their shoulder making sure they do the procedure properly.
    I have owned a bunch of cars in my life and never have I run into the kind of headwinds, to be polite, that I have run into with this BMW trying to get it Super Charged.What a royal pain in the butt it has been and kind of pricey to boot.
    The only shinning light is the introduction to Mr.X as he is undoubtedly one of the smartest tuners out in the world period.It is a hobby for him when he gets his hands on a car that is able to go the distance with his tune.That is why he is drawn to nuts like me or Peter or Josh that have these completely built V8 motors that can handle going to the higher HP #s.My car could go much higher the in HP realm ,but I figured how much do you need and how much can you put to the ground with 265s for shoes.I am sure Peters car will get much higher #s as well as Josh's old car.
    Of course Rikard Andersson is building one with the V7 in Sweden and he is always ahead of us Yanks as well as Thordur in Iceland has a killer M5 and he was way ahead of us once again.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes he smelt a rat early on to put it politely and exited to open his own business which is now producing quality products.He is honest and knows the correct people to get the work done properly.All top notch no sloppy seconds....Here is Peter's engine build thread...
    http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e39...ine-build.html
    Last edited by Dirt11; 08-14-2010 at 07:08 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I mentioned a few bumps in the road.Here are a few of the Bumps.
    Drilled out Thermostat.
    Click here to enlarge
    Wiring in the cars console.
    Click here to enlarge
    Broken tabs in console
    Click here to enlarge
    Trunk trashed when I received it back
    Click here to enlarge
    Water/Methanol reservoir tank.
    Click here to enlarge
    Fitting used for reservoir tank
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Aquamist pump ,leaked a lot
    Click here to enlarge
    HKS BOV glued to flange,had to cut ( which should never be used as part of a super charged engine
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    That is just the start of the Bumps I had to fix myself.....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why were you fixing them yourself or is that what you preferred to do?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He wasn't going to take his car all the way back to ICS in CT.......

i notice George sold you a HKS BOV you said
    HKS BOV glued to flange,had to cut ( which should never be used as part of a super charged engine
    George did the same thing and i wanted to know if i should switch the BOV with the one my kit came with? My BOV sounds odd when i push the car over 7k RPMs like its blowing off before i even shift.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I mentioned a few bumps in the road.Here are a few of the Bumps.
    Drilled out Thermostat.
    Click here to enlarge
    Wiring in the cars console.
    Click here to enlarge
    Broken tabs in console
    Click here to enlarge
    Trunk trashed when I received it back
    Click here to enlarge
    Water/Methanol reservoir tank.
    Click here to enlarge
    Fitting used for reservoir tank
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Aquamist pump ,leaked a lot
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    That is just the start of the Bumps I had to fix myself.....
    What shop performed all that shady work? I think Sticky may want to know. I hope this post is on topic since it relates to this thread.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ICS PERFORMANCE IS OBVIOUS JUST BY LOOKING AT THE RECKLESS WORK IT REMINDS ME OFF THE NUMBER THEY DID ON MY CAR.....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cnotesdip Click here to enlarge
    ICS PERFORMANCE IS OBVIOUS JUST BY LOOKING AT THE RECKLESS WORK IT REMINDS ME OFF THE NUMBER THEY DID ON MY CAR.....
    We know your feelings on the subject, you have multiple threads on the subject, we all get it. Let's let dirt11 enjoy his thread.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What shop performed all that shady work? I think Sticky may want to know. I hope this post is on topic since it relates to this thread.
    not trying to get off the subject just answering a question, and i really want to know what dirt has to say about the BOV, he had it replaced for a reason i want to know if i should replace mines.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Holy $#@! dude, that is some shady work. Good thing you caught it all, good eye catching all those fine details. I can tell you have attention to detail, that's something I would do. That electrical connection scares me the most though.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well I sure as heck was not going to let ICS touch the car again.They had their 2.5 years worth of time to get things correct.Plus I am more than capable of doing the work as I have a background in building one off custom yachts which is a little more demanding when it comes to quality.I am only limited by not having a full shop here at the house.
    Here is one thread that did not get deleted of me putting the trunk back in a proper manner.
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1346152
    The one showing all the Aquamist problems got altered by Ron at BF.C so it has no real relevance to the original thread.(This was at the bequest of George ) Then of course the long winded thread that showed all the facts of the car's stay at ICS got deleted by Kevin at BF.C.Which it was Kevin that agreed to let me run with the story as long as kept it factual,which I did completely,but in the end he deleted it for his own reasons.There are still threads floating around the internet that just show the facts of the crapola work that was done to my car.
    BUT back to your question , if I have the time to work on my car I will as I know that it will be done properly...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Dirt some humans here do not fully understand what happened for nearly 3 years while some apes worked on your awesome car. They do not understand the rape that took place during the period, and how you were taken advanage of while dealing with an illness. Some here do not understand that many on bfc felt disgusted about what took place. Some here even attack those who cant stomach to see it happen to others, and it still happens today recently to at least 2 customers. I guess some lack knowledge of the events and choose to turn a blind eye to the fang marks left behind. I remember meeting you years ago at ICS. You were there looking to see what was going on with the car. It was when ICS got the shop around the block. Sad to think that during those times you were being taken for ride. Today your car runs great, and is 1 of the most awesome e39's on the road period. Good to see everything has worked out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Then of course the long winded thread that showed all the facts of the car's stay at ICS got deleted by Kevin at BF.C.Which it was Kevin that agreed to let me run with the story as long as kept it factual,which I did completely,but in the end he deleted it for his own reasons
    yeah,
    that was a VERY well posted, OBJECTIVE SHOW of the work and receipts on BF,
    but many were not happy when they saw such blasphemy.
    You did NOT post BIASED or angry... only logical sentences, photos and receipts.

Many of the following posts in that thread were either in defense or in offense of your situation and became a bash-fest dabate.
    Still.... why would the thread be deleted AFTER you had an agreement with the MODERATOR?

Click here to enlarge

I'm just glad you now had a 5 series HOT ROD,
    that kicks ass
    AND
    that you have access to a NEW tuner in the BMW world.

WIll this NEW tuner, Tuner-X, ever show his/her face/name?
    Last edited by milkt; 08-15-2010 at 09:52 AM.
    Click here to enlarge
    milkt org

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by milkt Click here to enlarge
    yeah,
    that was a VERY well posted, OBJECTIVE SHOW of the work and receipts on BF,
    but many were not happy when they saw such blasphemy.
    You did NOT post BIASED or angry... only logical sentences, photos and receipts.

Many of the following posts in that thread were either in defense or in offense of your situation and became a bash-fest dabate.
    Still.... why would the thread be deleted AFTER you had an agreement with the MODERATOR?

Click here to enlarge

I'm just glad you now had a 5 series HOT ROD,
    that kicks ass
    AND
    that you have access to a NEW tuner in the BMW world.

WIll this NEW tuner, Tuner-X, ever show his/her face/name?
    I believe you meant to say that I did NOT post in a biased or angry manner as I made sure it was just the facts.( I did lose my temper on occasion )
    You would have to ask him that question as my only purpose was to educate people that have not been introduced as to what could happen to you if you did not watch your rear end with these street tuning shops.I wish there had been threads like that when I chose a shop to do my work.I would of again saved a lot of time and trouble.
    That is up to Mr.X as he in the beginning asked me to keep him anonymous and I have done so.He has been tuning High Power BMWs for a very long time as well as Porsches and various other cars.The real tuners are in Europe that have been doing these OEM tunes for a very long time.We ,here in the USA , have a few people that have figured the codes out for certain BMWs,but none like the European tuners.They are light years ahead.
    Yeah if I had made the acquaintance of Mr.X in the beginning it would have saved me a lot of crap that is for sure.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I caught my bad sentence BEFORE you posted your response. Click here to enlarge

These european tuners are tweaking the DMEs?
    Click here to enlarge
    milkt org

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is how the CAMS were installed by you know who.
    Click here to enlarge
    They welded a NPT nut at the end of the fuel rail instead of a AN fitting.Leaked fuel of course.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Custom work again.Oil temp at the end,of course it did not work properly.

More wiring methods
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Put a good dent in my rocker panel
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by milkt Click here to enlarge
    I caught my bad sentence BEFORE you posted your response. Click here to enlarge

These european tuners are tweaking the DMEs?
    YES,OEM ECU or DME how ever you say it.Look for example at ESS they have been tuning the ME7.2 ECU since 1994.
    Now they do as well use piggy back,some of the drag racing crowd in Norway , Sweden and of course down under.Those guys are nuts anyway which is what some of the shops here in the USA have always set their sights on and there are some cars here now in the USA that are pretty crazy.(Lots of HP , enough to break things.Card Counter on the BF.C is a good example of that actually)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes in Europe they are leap years ahead. Man sorry to see those damages.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    Yes in Europe they are leap years ahead. Man sorry to see those damages.
    The car is all fixed.It was Active Autowerke that pulled the motor apart to correct the problems created by the OTHER shop.To be fair Freddy did change out the valve springs successfully which was a good feat.
    I was the one who found the fuel leak and temporarily fixed the leak with crush washers until I got someone to cut and weld a proper AN fitting on the end of the rails.I fixed all the wiring and chased down all the bad grounds.The rocker panel is not yet fixed and soon enough the car will be completed.Then I will get the rocker panel pulled out by these restoration guys I know that use no BONDO all metal and any light filler is two part epoxy.
    The last shop did the fabrication work that needed to be done so all I need is to get a chance for the tuner and I to meet in Charlotte to do the last bit of finessing.
    The radiator is getting replaced as well as the expansion tank ,the Aquamist will be working here in another week,I hope -That is if I can straighten the wiring out on it which I think I can with help.I am going to add a fuel pressure sender and gauge to my PLX stuff which they do not sell-I am going to use an oil pressure sender and expect it to die in about a year due to the caustic nature of fuel..Add a few items to stiffen the chassis a bit and then in the fall time do a trip to VIR.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast