Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

10 out of 10 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

DIY Upgraded metal intake nipple...No more plastic

Note: Not responsible for any damage to you or your car, this worked on my car so will work on yours

This DIY also assumes you know how to take off your intake....I would not sugeest doing this while intake is on car as debris will not be removed correctly.

Got sick and tired of having the cheap plastic nipple and decided to upgrade the nipple to a metal fitting.
    I chose to use a 1/8th by 1/8th NPT threaded fitting, if you want larger I would still suggest using a 1/8th NPT thread foot print.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Hope this saves somone from a costly not needed intake placement.
    JB4 G5, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

1 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The pictures are bad. Can't even see what the diy is about. You should post at least one picture that is farther away to see the part involved in the process. I can't even remember a hose being attached to the intake.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    That's not the air intake, but intake manifold. Those who have broken the nipple or have installed a boost guage can easily identify this nipple.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cstavaru Click here to enlarge
    The pictures are bad. Can't even see what the diy is about. You should post at least one picture that is farther away to see the part involved in the process. I can't even remember a hose being attached to the intake.
    sorry, not to be ignorant...but I'd you can't identify what is in the pics do not even attempt this....it is clear what is in the picture.
    JB4 G5, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by caliguy562 Click here to enlarge
    That's not the air intake, but intake manifold. Those who have broken the nipple or have installed a boost guage can easily identify this nipple.
    +1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    A step by step on how to drill and tap a hole...Click here to enlarge I love the forums...Click here to enlarge This actually will come in handy for some people, a customers cars came in with them broken off and we something similar.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

6 out of 6 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    People f*cking complaining about a DIY. What a joke.

The OP has some great detailed DIY's on here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge

I guess someone has never heard of the term or used sarcasm, I thought thats what emoticons were used for when being sarcastic via text, to infer your sarcasm. I guess you missed the 2 smiley faces in the post. Thats cool

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    A step by step on how to drill and tap a hole...Click here to enlarge I love the forums...Click here to enlarge This actually will come in handy for some people, a customers cars came in with them broken off and we something similar.
    I judged wanted to show how easy it is....way better than buying another intake. You need to make us a aluminium intake!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

I appreciate that man!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Thank you yet again!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

+5000 million

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    +5000 million
    lol! I appreciate that my friend!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by robc1976 Click here to enlarge
    I judged wanted to show how easy it is....way better than buying another intake. You need to make us a aluminium intake!
    Picture says a thousand words. Great job Rob as always Click here to enlarge Way easier to point someone at a thread than writing a paragraph and going back/forth 10 times on especially simple things such as this.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey Rob!
    Great DIY. I had heard there are some problems with JB bonding with plastics, is this a special formulation or did I receive some bad information? It probably doesn't matter in this application because you're using the JB Weld to provide a seal, I might recommend some type of liquid gasket or liquid rubber cement (I'm sure there's something for this application) because these are two different materials which will expand and contract differently with temperature differences.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

SMH....
    Click here to enlarge
    Instagram: Sammy0559
    VTX3's Click here to enlarge
    Got one more tow with AAA lets make it count Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good DIY Rob. Thanks for taking the time to do this, I appreciate it. Repped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Haha, you have way too much time on your hands Rob. As always, great DIY... You rock!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    Hey Rob!
    Great DIY. I had heard there are some problems with JB bonding with plastics, is this a special formulation or did I receive some bad information? It probably doesn't matter in this application because you're using the JB Weld to provide a seal, I might recommend some type of liquid gasket or liquid rubber cement (I'm sure there's something for this application) because these are two different materials which will expand and contract differently with temperature differences.
    This JB weld is for plastic...the metal to etal JB weld is a no go I believe....could also use silicone sealent...it is good to 400 degrees.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    Haha, you have way too much time on your hands Rob. As always, great DIY... You rock!
    I think I do man LOL!! I am replacing all 4 wheel bearings just becaiuse they are old...I just want everything new in the suspension LOL!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Picture says a thousand words. Great job Rob as always Click here to enlarge Way easier to point someone at a thread than writing a paragraph and going back/forth 10 times on especially simple things such as this.
    I cant tell you how many times I have referenced a thread of yours...have learned a TON from you and your posts Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I guess someone has never heard of the term or used sarcasm, I thought thats what emoticons were used for when being sarcastic via text, to infer your sarcasm. I guess you missed the 2 smiley faces in the post. Thats cool
    Don't worry Tony, he's the same guy that takes someone that questions cost cutting in a $60k performance car and assumes they 'just don't understand pure sports cars' or some other such garbage. All passive-aggressive about it too. So it's just par for the course Click here to enlarge

Nice DIY robc, another to add to your huge list of awesome. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by robc1976 Click here to enlarge
    This JB weld is for plastic...the metal to etal JB weld is a no go I believe....could also use silicone sealent...it is good to 400 degrees.
    Awesome, yeah just worried it was the metal one Click here to enlarge
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I knew instantly he was talking about the intake manifold. Guess you shouldn't be attempting this DIY.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I know how to take apart my intake manifold, but would still use this DIY as a guide if my nipple broke. Haters gonna hate.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast