Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

N55 Upgraded turbo update

So we have figured out the N55 upgrade and have a CHRA in hand that we are going to use. I do not want to give too many details as there are a few others trying to play catch up, but it will be a Ball Bearing CHRA and support 500-525 HP. It will retain all the stock piping including, intake, charge piping, and downpipes, unless when we get our test car here we feel the intake or charge piping needs to be address, but from asking a few people, these seem up to the task of what we will be asking of them. Custom turbine and compressor wheels are on order and we should have a working prototype in a month or so. We plan to test it, get it tuned, and give you guys some numbers. Then we will start taking orders. We didn't forget about you guys..Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Vargas making it happen! N55 guys will be happy for sure.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Oh my god... I can't for this. I am first on your list Tony, no kidding. Will these fit XI?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Vargas Turbos is gonna have an awesome 2nd & 3rd fiscal quarter in 2013... Business is BOOMING
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Was trying so hard not to pm Vargas asking about this. Glad he posted this. Crazy to think that a month they will hopefully be dynoing a upgraded turbo n55

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shogun1122 Click here to enlarge
    Was trying so hard not to pm Vargas asking about this. Glad he posted this. Crazy to think that a month they will hopefully be dynoing a upgraded turbo n55
    We should have a turbo done in a month. Then the test car comes in and we fit, etc. it's gonna be longer then a month to see dyno's, but 2 sounds close.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Very excited!
    Click here to enlarge
    | BMS JB4 ISO | BMS METH KIT | BMS DP | BMS Intake |
    | ER CP | Helix FMIC | B3 FLASH | KW V2 | VMR 718 | HANKOOK V12 |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool thanks for an estimated time line. Will you be giving updates between now and then or just hit us with the results once dynoed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

And to clear those numbers are WHP, this is what the turbo can support. Lets hope the tuning is there to take advantage of it. As far as the XI as long as they didn't change the turbo on the Xi then it will fit 100%. __________________

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

FYI, the chargepipe cracks even on stock cars, and is pretty much a 95% chance to crack even at 11-12psi. Can't see how an upgraded turbo will be able to use it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by paradoxical3 Click here to enlarge
    FYI, the chargepipe cracks even on stock cars, and is pretty much a 95% chance to crack even at 11-12psi. Can't see how an upgraded turbo will be able to use it.
    People always think we are tslking charge pipe when we say charge piping. From turbo to intercooler inlet. Yes factory charge pipe from outlet to throttle body, should be changed. Again 99% of people have this done before being in the market for a turbo upgrade.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    People always think we are tslking charge pipe when we say charge piping. From turbo to intercooler inlet. Yes factory charge pipe from outlet to throttle body, should be changed. Again 99% of people have this done before being in the market for a turbo upgrade.
    I apologize, my bad for reading too quickly! Looking forward to the upgrade.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

This is absolutely fantastic news.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    So we have figured out the N55 upgrade and have a CHRA in hand that we are going to use. I do not want to give too many details as there are a few others trying to play catch up, but it will be a Ball Bearing CHRA and support 500-525 HP. It will retain all the stock piping including, intake, charge piping, and downpipes, unless when we get our test car here we feel the intake or charge piping needs to be address, but from asking a few people, these seem up to the task of what we will be asking of them. Custom turbine and compressor wheels are on order and we should have a working prototype in a month or so. We plan to test it, get it tuned, and give you guys some numbers. Then we will start taking orders. We didn't forget about you guys..Click here to enlarge
    Awesome news! Can't wait!

So this is a CHRA upgrade, using the stock manifold, like your stage 2s?

Will it require a core exchange?

Very interested in this for my 2011xi or possibly F30 335xi later this year (hurry up w/st2 Terry!).

Thanks Tony!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)

I have a few folks on the list already Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And to clear those numbers are WHP, this is what the turbo can support. Lets hope the tuning is there to take advantage of it. As far as the XI as long as they didn't change the turbo on the Xi then it will fit 100%. __________________
    On 91 Octane?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

On a 135i DCT, what are the limitations. Engine internals? DCT clutch plates? How would this mate up with a JB4?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dashboy Click here to enlarge
    On a 135i DCT, what are the limitations. Engine internals? DCT clutch plates? How would this mate up with a JB4?
    It would be the DCT that gives out first likely. On the tuning front upgraded turbos have not been explored yet but you will likely need a flash.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

@Terry@BMS didn't you guys have issues with your N55 DCT with just FBO and Meth? Pretty sure this is what steered me away from a 2012 135i DCT last year.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dashboy Click here to enlarge
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Awaiting update Click here to enlarge i have my next car down to two. One is an N55 Click here to enlarge
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Is the N55 DCT the same as the 335is DCT, which is the same as the M3 DCT(mechanically)? If thats the case i think its safe to say the DCT will hold the power, albeit with some caveats... My suspicion is the DCT will need to see the actual engine load to adjust plate pressure accordingly. Maybe @Wedge1967 could try flashing the new M5 DCT software onto a 335is/135i DCT trans?
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Nice news to be sure... Shame I'm not doing anything more with my N55 X5... Maybe one day, if my wife wants more power in the X5...
    2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads
    Pending Mods: T/A Hood, S/C

2011 X5 35i Premium: Black Grille, Boopie Custom 3" Dual Exhaust & Custom N55 FMIC, JB3 (+3psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

the newest MY LCI N55 sedan's with Mtech package is such a pretty car... Dark blue with cinnamon leather 6MT and a turbo upgrade would be the nicest 3 series you could own IMO.

Click here to enlarge

Yummy
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    the newest MY LCI N55 sedan's with Mtech package is such a pretty car... Dark blue with cinnamon leather 6MT and a turbo upgrade would be the nicest 3 series you could own IMO.

Click here to enlarge

Yummy
    you know you can LCIs in an N54. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

back OT... if this thing is reliable I can't wait to get into an F30. Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast