Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slow spool

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    well today got always 30FF codes on loader 2 so probably a leak somewhere to turbo 2 or boost solenoid. leaving the car on monday to troubleshoot..... also the walbro pump is giving me headaches because they arent able to install it properly... 3rd time now...
    With Cobb, that code can be related to the wastegate stiffness. Not necessarily a boost leak.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    With Cobb, that code can be related to the wastegate stiffness. Not necessarily a boost leak.
    pre engine swap i didnt have any issues with boost . they did not adjust the Wgs , just reinstalled the turbos so something is leaking or not working properly now. using the same map as well as i did before in terms of WGDC. Also this is getting worse and worse. As soon as i got the car back it was boosting fine .
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    If they can't figure out the in tank walbro do the inline DIY posted. That is very easy to install and hard to mess up.
    thanks, will send them the link.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    here the logs i took today boosting like stock....
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well just drove 2500 km with the car from sweden to italy through germany, besides an issue with the lpfp feed hose connection that came off all went well. During the whole trip up to italy i have experienced the sporadic low spool and 30ff code. Outside temp always in the range of - 2C and + 2C.
    In italy outside temps went above 5C and suddenly the turbos started boosting correctly over and over again. Could it be a bug in cobb?

Oil level went down 1/4 in 3000 km.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I had something somewhat similar happen and it ended up being a diverter valve issue. It took my car forever to throw the P30FF.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah maybe with low temp the forge get stuck, now it boost like crazy so all is working and i am happy. Quite a beast now with the ots stage 2 + aggr. And 98 octane which is the 93 in the us.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    just drove 2500 km with the car from sweden to italy through germany
    rough life Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12