Close

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 506
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,438
    Rep Points
    32,144.6
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Guess you partied too hard in Vegas and your "work week" just started today? :p Welcome to yesterday Click here to enlarge
    Unfortunately yes, this is all correct.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,438
    Rep Points
    32,144.6
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sparky68 Click here to enlarge
    I might buy one to use as a ashtray!
    Well you'll have the best tuned ashtray in the world. Or something.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    523
    Rep Points
    582.2
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well you'll have the best tuned ashtray in the world. Or something.
    Well according to shiv!

    Can see me spending way more cash than i intended to on this car!
    Click here to enlarge
    335i ~ JB4 ~ BMS ~ DCI ~ Active Autowerks CP & BOV ~ Borla Catback Exhaust

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    523
    Rep Points
    582.2
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Shiv deleting posts over on e90 in the spool thread Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    335i ~ JB4 ~ BMS ~ DCI ~ Active Autowerks CP & BOV ~ Borla Catback Exhaust

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,197
    Rep Points
    1,802.8
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sparky68 Click here to enlarge
    Shiv deleting posts over on e90 in the spool thread Click here to enlarge
    Regarding what -- I'm assuming why Tony's product costs significantly less, will work with any tune, and/or why it'll work out of the box & not require 18947239478989 tune revisions on the PROcede
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    523
    Rep Points
    582.2
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Just relaying what i have read. Going to be a good year for this platform i feel.
    Click here to enlarge
    335i ~ JB4 ~ BMS ~ DCI ~ Active Autowerks CP & BOV ~ Borla Catback Exhaust

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,190
    Rep Points
    1,457.0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    How awesome is this? How awesome seriously?
    Quite awesome, indeed.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    333
    Rep Points
    532.8
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    People still give a crap about that thing? Seriously?
    Apparently not many, the used ST is still available I think for not even $7k and nobody has picked it up. I'm not sure how many kits Shiv ended up selling, but I'm going to guess it was less than expected.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,197
    Rep Points
    1,802.8
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by amclint Click here to enlarge
    I'm not sure how many kits Shiv ended up selling, but I'm going to guess it was less than expected.
    That's what happens when:
    • It doesn't actually work
    • It limits your tune options
    • Its overpriced
    • It completely alters the N54 driving characteristics



    I think people love the low-end TQ punch of the N54 (which you'll only get with the twins), and when they got the ST-conversion they were let down that they got a high HP EVO driving feel (laggy & small usable on-boost powerband)
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Naples, FL
    Posts
    2,086
    Rep Points
    2,205.2
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    That's what happens when:
    • It doesn't actually work
    • It limits your tune options
    • Its overpriced
    • It completely alters the N54 driving characteristics



    I think people love the low-end TQ punch of the N54 (which you'll only get with the twins), and when they got the ST-conversion they were let down that they got a high HP EVO driving feel (laggy & small usable on-boost powerband)
    I think we should all wait and see how great these S3's do on other fueling options before we say that, as it stands both shiv's and VTT(on 91) have some lag (which all larger turbos will)

    But Hopefully with more boost comes a wider power band, even though, currently it looks pretty darn good!




  11. #161
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,438
    Rep Points
    32,144.6
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marv85 Click here to enlarge
    nice, I get thumbs down by default...
    Sounds like you need more rep power than her.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,438
    Rep Points
    32,144.6
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Guess you partied too hard in Vegas and your "work week" just started today? :p Welcome to yesterday Click here to enlarge
    Getting pretty hard to keep up with all this.

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    566
    Rep Points
    577.0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Sounds like you need more rep power than her.
    Need to find a way to ban her actually...
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

    '10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,438
    Rep Points
    32,144.6
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marv85 Click here to enlarge
    Need to find a way to ban her actually...
    Muting her might be more cost effective.

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Naples, Fl
    Posts
    750
    Rep Points
    861.8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    So far we have:

    For tuner kits:
    Dzenno of course getting the first kit after the OP of the test car VTX-R63
    Terry of BMS next so he can see what he can do with it. Not sure which size turbos T has decided on yet.
    Jake from PTF also wants a VTX-R60 kit

    If any other tuners want a kit, IE GIAC, Renntech, etc. Let me know and I can work you guys out a great price.

    Intro price orders
    #1 BMW335iguy VTR-28RS
    #2 Sered VTX-R63
    #3 and #4 are in contact with me and weighing their options, most likely will get them locked in tomorrow.

    Not bad for the first day. Hopefully we get enough of these things going to where we can do a nice production run
    Congrats on the sales! You deserve a hell of an award for this project. Props to ya, Tony.
    Click here to enlarge

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    135
    Rep Points
    439.2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    This is a solid question. My understanding is the 135's actually have more room down there. If this is in fact the case, the kit will fit no problem. Anyone who wants a kit with a 135 in CA, feel free to bring us your car and we will see if were good to go.
    135i 6AT + VTR25 = bad news? I know I'm boring, but I like the idea of making decent power without stressing the turbos and using straight ACN91. Could it be (de)tuned to spool early and have a flat torque curve all the way to the top of the rev range (giving up area under curve and peak numbers)? Is there any reason to consider this over Stage 2 if the priorities are longevity, driveability, and smoothness?

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,197
    Rep Points
    1,802.8
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Inconspicuous Click here to enlarge
    135i 6AT + VTR25 = bad news? I know I'm boring, but I like the idea of making decent power without stressing the turbos and using straight ACN91. Could it be (de)tuned to spool early and have a flat torque curve all the way to the top of the rev range (giving up area under curve and peak numbers)? Is there any reason to consider this over Stage 2 if the priorities are longevity, driveability, and smoothness?
    It completely depends on what your power goals are. Tony's already said that the Stage 2s are gonna see RB-like power levels, so on an aggressive tune (E85/Race/Meth) you might be able to get similar performance to the VTR25s. BUT keep in mind, you'll be riding the turbos really hard to get similar performance. If you go with the VTR25s (or 28s), you can run the turbos at a slightly lower boost level (better for long term "abuse") and with the right tuning, probably get a lot closer to the power curve you're looking for.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  18. #168
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    135
    Rep Points
    439.2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    It completely depends on what your power goals are. Tony's already said that the Stage 2s are gonna see RB-like power levels, so on an aggressive tune (E85/Race/Meth) you might be able to get similar performance to the VTR25s. BUT keep in mind, you'll be riding the turbos really hard to get similar performance. If you go with the VTR25s (or 28s), you can run the turbos at a slightly lower boost level (better for long term "abuse") and with the right tuning, probably get a lot closer to the power curve you're looking for.
    Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking, take advantage of all that headroom and go for ideal power delivery rather than max output. I'm not a glory run kinda guy (blasphemy I know), and I'd prefer to add as little complexity as possible (no meth) so I can still DD it and go on road trips without worrying about finding the right fuel or shredding my transmission. Never liked the thought of pushing smaller turbos to their limit, but an N54 that pulled all the way to the top of the range without breaking a sweat (or anything else) is very appealing.

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    595
    Rep Points
    729.7
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    You're not the only one in the same situation. I'd really want something in the 500whp on ACN 91 with stock spool characteristics. I think the GT28R would be the ticket. The GT25R would almost seem like they are Stage 2.5!

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Inconspicuous Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking, take advantage of all that headroom and go for ideal power delivery rather than max output. I'm not a glory run kinda guy (blasphemy I know), and I'd prefer to add as little complexity as possible (no meth) so I can still DD it and go on road trips without worrying about finding the right fuel or shredding my transmission. Never liked the thought of pushing smaller turbos to their limit, but an N54 that pulled all the way to the top of the range without breaking a sweat (or anything else) is very appealing.

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    27
    Rep Points
    7.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    9 out of 9 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Hi, I live in Singapore and we have very strict emission laws. Provided you make a RHD version of this kit, would it pass the California smog test? (i think its similar to our own test). Thanks, and i apologize in advance if this question has been answered elsewhere.

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,438
    Rep Points
    32,144.6
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SingDonald Click here to enlarge
    Hi, I live in Singapore and we have very strict emission laws. Provided you make a RHD version of this kit, would it pass the California smog test? (i think its similar to our own test). Thanks, and i apologize in advance if this question has been answered elsewhere.
    $#@!ing Singapore, what's up?

  22. #172
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,852
    Rep Points
    3,642.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Inconspicuous Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking, take advantage of all that headroom and go for ideal power delivery rather than max output. I'm not a glory run kinda guy (blasphemy I know), and I'd prefer to add as little complexity as possible (no meth) so I can still DD it and go on road trips without worrying about finding the right fuel or shredding my transmission. Never liked the thought of pushing smaller turbos to their limit, but an N54 that pulled all the way to the top of the range without breaking a sweat (or anything else) is very appealing.
    You think the same way I do.....mid to low 500 whp on pump only would be all I need. I would rather get that efficiently and not by stressing components to the maxClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    More information about the smallest turbo option...?
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

    N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

  24. #174
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    1,191
    Rep Points
    917.6
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Muting her might be more cost effective.
    Muting teh wife is never cost effective...
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

  25. #175
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,438
    Rep Points
    32,144.6
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Muting teh wife is never cost effective...
    Then just don't get one.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •