Close

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 326
  1. #176
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Houston under a book
    Posts
    1,405
    Rep Points
    2,677.6
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    Yes Reputation No
    I dunno about iron being stronger. It's all about design. GM can take a 2.2L Ecotec 4-cyl from the early 2000's, drop it to 2.0L, put in steel cylinder liners (replace the factory aluminum) and upgraded head bolts/hardware, and rev it to 9,500+RPM to make over 1,000WHP on the otherwise stock, open deck aluminum block. Just sayin... if you sleeve well, aluminum offers few drawbacks. And open deck actually offers some advantages for forced induction and very high HP, if it can hold together.

    I think the M3's biggest issue isn't the alluminum cylinder walls, it's the overall racing/weight saving design. It's closed deck, which is great for N/A since it doesn't have to deal with crazy heat, and adds strength for side loading at high RPM. But it's all aluminum, and needs piston sleeves for really high HP because it's a small block for what it is. No problem there, the sleeves with the closed aluminum deck should be able to handle 1000+hp as much as an open deck aluminum motor with sleeves can. The cylinders should hold up fine in both cases. My question is can the rest of the block handle the high RPM with that much power. Side loading from high RPM with 1000+HP isn't just stressing the cylinders, it's stressing the entire block with torsional forces. It'll be interesting to see which one opens first, N54 or S65. The S65 will definitely be capable of hitting the mark easier with a turbo.

  2. #177
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,485
    Rep Points
    32,174.5
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Of course you sleeve but that's the point, the factory design matters. Sleeving doesn't turn it into an iron block though no matter what it just strengthens it. And you can sleeve iron too.

    The S65 is already on a trajectory that won't be matched I'm not sure why this needs to be rehashed again and again. The N54 has other things to be concerned with right now seems low rpm fueling is a problem and we need to see people start building the N54 as well.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  3. #178
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    136
    Rep Points
    162.1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Of course you sleeve but that's the point, the factory design matters. Sleeving doesn't turn it into an iron block though no matter what it just strengthens it. And you can sleeve iron too.

    The S65 is already on a trajectory that won't be matched I'm not sure why this needs to be rehashed again and again. The N54 has other things to be concerned with right now seems low rpm fueling is a problem and we need to see people start building the N54 as well.
    Isn't the low rpm fueling only an issue when running e85 on upgraded turbos?

  4. #179
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,485
    Rep Points
    32,174.5
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135Hoser Click here to enlarge
    Isn't the low rpm fueling only an issue when running e85 on upgraded turbos?
    I don't think it's just with E85 it's if you go past a certain level down low regardless. E85 exacerbates it though as you need to flow more with it.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #180
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,804
    Rep Points
    2,568.2
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    26



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Then just ask me and say do you know of anyone.
    My post is exactly this:

    I haven't heard of any 'block' failures on the N54 related to excessive power, have you? Please share.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

  6. #181
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,485
    Rep Points
    32,174.5
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    My post is exactly this:
    I thought you were being condescending.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  7. #182
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,804
    Rep Points
    2,568.2
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    26



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I thought you were being condescending.
    Don't use complicated words. My windows aren't fogging up, thank you very much.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

  8. #183
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,485
    Rep Points
    32,174.5
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Don't use complicated words. My windows aren't fogging up, thank you very much.
    Last time my windows fogged up I was at a drive in with my 16 year old girlfriend in the back seat of my E46 330i. Didn't even need an M3. And the four doors helped.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  9. #184
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    331
    Rep Points
    0.1
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Last time my windows fogged up I was at a drive in with my 16 year old girlfriend in the back seat of my E46 330i. Didn't even need an M3. And the four doors helped.
    And how old were you when this happened mister?!?! huh? huh? lol

  10. #185
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,485
    Rep Points
    32,174.5
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mycoupe Click here to enlarge
    And how old were you when this happened mister?!?! huh? huh? lol
    Somewhere between 17-18 legally I don't remember.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  11. #186
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    136
    Rep Points
    162.1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Could we just have one useful thread where it doesn't turn into a pissing match between vendors, or between sticky and someone else?

  12. #187
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,485
    Rep Points
    32,174.5
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135Hoser Click here to enlarge
    Could we just have one useful thread where it doesn't turn into a pissing match between vendors, or between sticky and someone else?
    You're asking for a lot early on.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  13. #188
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    136
    Rep Points
    162.1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You're asking for a lot early on.
    Sorry, I'll adjust my expectations.

  14. #189
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,485
    Rep Points
    32,174.5
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135Hoser Click here to enlarge
    Sorry, I'll adjust my expectations.
    I did after I found about Santa Clause. But... it was beautiful for how long it lasted.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  15. #190
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    136
    Rep Points
    162.1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I did after I found about Santa Clause. But... it was beautiful for how long it lasted.
    It was the tooth fairy for me.

    And now you have me going OT. ffs.

    SO HOW ABOUT THEM SUPPLEMENTAL PORTS THAT INJECT STUFF!

    For everyone desperate for more fuel on larger turbos, I don't see why this isn't being jumped on.

    port injection tapped off of factory LPFP system (with upgraded inline pump?) should provide plenty of flow. Have some sort of injector driver (think various folks have linked a few solutions) being driven by either a jb4/procede to control the supplemental injection.

    Seems like a easy solution for a lot less possibly than the vargas HPFP/Rail, and could definitely address low RPM starvation.

    It's not like we need 2 1000cc injectors in addition to the factory fuel system. could probably get away with any number of used 440's or 500's or well, anything. Perhaps someone with some fuel system experience could let us know if we could run a returnless system further simplifying things.

    However all of my assumptions are based on attending the university of internet forums, with no real world experience. If the solution isn't this easy, lets work it out.

  16. #191
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,485
    Rep Points
    32,174.5
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135Hoser Click here to enlarge
    It was the tooth fairy for me.

    And now you have me going OT. ffs.

    SO HOW ABOUT THEM SUPPLEMENTAL PORTS THAT INJECT STUFF!

    For everyone desperate for more fuel on larger turbos, I don't see why this isn't being jumped on.

    port injection tapped off of factory LPFP system (with upgraded inline pump?) should provide plenty of flow. Have some sort of injector driver (think various folks have linked a few solutions) being driven by either a jb4/procede to control the supplemental injection.

    Seems like a easy solution for a lot less possibly than the vargas HPFP/Rail, and could definitely address low RPM starvation.

    It's not like we need 2 1000cc injectors in addition to the factory fuel system. could probably get away with any number of used 440's or 500's or well, anything. Perhaps someone with some fuel system experience could let us know if we could run a returnless system further simplifying things.

    However all of my assumptions are based on attending the university of internet forums, with no real world experience. If the solution isn't this easy, lets work it out.
    Honestly, way too much text for me right now. I think the tooth fairy is a $#@! too though.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  17. #192
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Houston under a book
    Posts
    1,405
    Rep Points
    2,677.6
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    Yes Reputation No
    Shouldn't need a return. Pressure should be more than adequate and also this isn't fueling the entire car, just supplementing it. The hold up right now is a method to mount the injectors. I was playing with an old CFI setup the other day but I think something more conventional would be a better ideal, despite how easy it would be to use without a spacer to get a port setup.

  18. #193
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    404
    Rep Points
    419.1
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    I run meth so its not an issue for me with straight E85 but...........Why not run a fuel solenoid from a nitrous kit and have it activated via JB4/procede or for those with COBB activate with a WOT window switch?
    For Sale:

    - NX Express complete wet kit with Plug & Play fuel adapter for BMW 335i

    - FBO parts here LINK


  19. #194
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,804
    Rep Points
    2,568.2
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    26



    Yes Reputation No
    Or, why don't we just have someone let me know they can stop by for an hour or two in the Van Nuys area and I can setup an appointment to get test fitted and we can get it done....
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

  20. #195
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    131
    Rep Points
    190.0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    So with the VTTS3 on the horizon, we can once again see our fueling limits. With turbo options and boost capabilities beyond the capacity of our fuel system we can sit here and wait for the unicorn HPFP upgrade that never seems to appear or find our own solutions. From my chair, I see two options:

    1) Wait for ProEFI, pony up for the Standalone + Custom Intake Manifold

    2) Fabricate a TB Spacer and/or custom CP with a single Supplemental Batch Fire injector controlled by a piggy.

    I'm personally leaning toward option #2 in terms of wide spread adoption. Our DME is smart enough to compensate for the lack of extreme precision batchfire through a piggyback would provide and reduces the overall cost of getting more REAL fuel into the combustion chamber.

    I personally have brought this up and @shiv@vishnu and co and he has mentioned that this is possible however I feel that there is another agenda there blocking this option. It is not the best option but its a solution to a huge problem holding this platform back. If he were to change his mind and provide a product then I would be surprised.

    So at this point I think I'm going to challenge @Terry@BMS and ask, are you capable of introducing this injector? It would show the true flexibility of a piggyback I think we just need to do it already. Comments?
    We are working hard to get you guys a fueling solution that will support E85, regular and race fuel. We have seen huge gains in fuel flow and volume so far. The biggest problem is the mid range lean condition that the E85 guys see. We are working hard to resolve this with larger pistons inside the fuel pump. There is very little room to work with, but we can offer more than enough fueling for the E85 guys and address the mid range fueling problems.

    I do not want to rush a solution or offer up parts that will not meet the needs of the customers. We have seen what happens when you rush a product, nobody benefits.

    Give me just a little more time and we will have a fuel pump and rail on the market that supports your guys needs.

  21. #196
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    131
    Rep Points
    190.0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    For supplemental fuel, I highly recommend direct port meth injection. 6 small nozzles for direct port would be a huge help in getting the additional fuel, cleaning attributes, and a huge octane boost if you run 91 octane fuel. We have had huge success in GDI applications using this method.

  22. #197
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    FLORIDA BITCHES
    Posts
    247
    Rep Points
    805.2
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    someone neg for me the above meth port post please!
    2008 E92 335i- HP: 423 TRQ: 453 - Sold
    Vishnu- Pocede
    Active Autowerke - Intercooler
    Active Autowerke - Charge pipe/BOV
    Active Autowerke - 3" Downpipes
    Active Autowerke - Signature Exhaust
    BMS -DCI

    2014 F30 335i M Sport
    BMS- JB4 (EWG/E85/OBDII Canbus)
    BMS- Intake

  23. #198
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,804
    Rep Points
    2,568.2
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    26



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by crazylegs Click here to enlarge
    someone neg for me the above meth port post please!
    lol. Lets go backwards.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

  24. #199
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,485
    Rep Points
    32,174.5
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hpfpupgrade Click here to enlarge
    We are working hard to get you guys a fueling solution that will support E85, regular and race fuel. We have seen huge gains in fuel flow and volume so far. The biggest problem is the mid range lean condition that the E85 guys see. We are working hard to resolve this with larger pistons inside the fuel pump. There is very little room to work with, but we can offer more than enough fueling for the E85 guys and address the mid range fueling problems.

    I do not want to rush a solution or offer up parts that will not meet the needs of the customers. We have seen what happens when you rush a product, nobody benefits.

    Give me just a little more time and we will have a fuel pump and rail on the market that supports your guys needs.
    This would be highly impressive.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  25. #200
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,540
    Rep Points
    1,746.0
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Can't someone just buy that crap afe tb spacer, drill a whole, and tap it for a fuel injector? That would get things started at least...
    Click here to enlarge
    I mean once it is proven to work and it is controllable then have a shop make a good one built to your specifications. If this fixed the fuel issue on the platform you could sell plenty at a decent price imo...

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •