Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Ya dude takes his car to the track, has had an M3, GT3, Boss, and clearly can't drive because the results aren't what you want them to be.
    Never said he can't drive. No need to rip gears while road racing. You saw my stock 5.0 beat Steve's modded m3. A boss is a lot faster than a stock 5.0. It traps around 3-4 mph faster. When I was trapping 116 I put a hurting on NA m3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    No need to rip gears while road racing.
    Wow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A boss is a lot faster than a stock 5.0. It traps around 3-4 mph faster. When I was trapping 116 I put a hurting on NA m3s.
    The Boss is faster I wouldn't say a lot faster. Equating your 116 trap speed to a Boss on paper is kind of stupid. No, it just is stupid.

Do you have a video or slip of racing a Boss at the same time while you trapped 116? No? Ok then.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow.
    Wow what? Do you think that a person drag racing and road racing uses the same shift speed? The one drag racing a manual is focused on one thing, shift the living $#@! out of the car. The person road racing is worked about other things and shifting just happens as second nature. Trust me I have done both and sure as hell don't shift while I road race or autox like I do when I drag race. If I did I would put the car into the was if I happened to slam gear on corner exit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow what? Do you think that a person drag racing and road racing uses the same shift speed?
    You think someone going for the best possible laptime isn't? Interesting.

Trust me I have done both and sure as hell don't shift while I road race or autox like I do when I drag race.
    Then you should practice.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The Boss is faster I wouldn't say a lot faster. Equating your 116 trap speed to a Boss on paper is kind of stupid. No, it just is stupid.

Do you have a video or slip of racing a Boss at the same time while you trapped 116? No? Ok then.
    3-4 mph is a lot faster. They have go e 11s with nothing but a drag radial at 116-117. Why would I need a video of me racig a boss back when I was trapping 116? Trap speed is trap speed. The boss puts down more power with a better powerband then the 5.0.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You think someone going for the best possible laptime isn't? Interesting.

Then you should practice.
    Practice what? Upsetting the cars as I light up tires from gear banging on corner exit? C'mon you know better that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    3-4 mph is a lot faster. They have go e 11s with nothing but a drag radial at 116-117. Why would I need a video of me racig a boss back when I was trapping 116? Trap speed is trap speed. The boss puts down more power with a better powerband then the 5.0.
    Seriously man, stop blindly defending the Mustang. OMG it didn't pull away from an M3 with a smaller motor oh noes.

You need a video of you racing a boss to see if your 116 is equal to another Boss. Just because a Boss has trapped something doesn't mean it always traps something in all conditions. Applying a trap speed as a whole as if it is set in stone is amateur nonsense and just plain dumb ok?

Trap speed is not trap speed it varies. It can vary by quite a bit depending on conditions.

Yes, we all get the boss puts down more power. The 6-speed mustang and 6-speed M3 are basically even. So no surprise the DCT does better.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Um the 5.0 is faster sticky, look around the net to see what the bone stock 5.0 records are. 12.2 at 115 at fast tracks bone stock. The 116 boss example is a average not a freak. Can it be a drivers race? Sure it can, with the 5.0. With the boss and equal drivers the m3 will never win an acceleration contest.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Um the 5.0 is faster sticky, look around the net to see what the bone stock 5.0 records are. 12.2 at 115 at fast tracks bone stock. The 116 boss example is a average not a freak. Can it be a drivers race? Sure it can, with the 5.0. With the boss and equal drivers the m3 will never win an acceleration contest.
    The 5.0 isn't faster, ok? Magazine tests same time same place have already shown that. M3's have run 115 stock, and? Did I run 115 stock? No. It depends on conditions but the cars are close and the DCT is faster than the manual. This isn't some crazy shock. This isn't some person who can't drive. It's simply what happened.

The fact the Mustang isn't faster despite having an extra liter of displacement... well. That says a lot too.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The 5.0 isn't faster, ok? Magazine tests same time same place have already shown that. M3's have run 115 stock, and? Did I run 115 stock? No. It depends on conditions but the cars are close and the DCT is faster than the manual. This isn't some crazy shock. This isn't some person who can't drive. It's simply what happened.

The fact the Mustang isn't faster despite having an extra liter of displacement... well. That says a lot too.
    Like I said the 5.0 is a drivers race for the m3, but on average (public tests) is FASTER. The boss (which we are talking about here) should not be a drivers race with equal drivers since the Boss is faster period.

As for the displacement. Great, your engine is more effcient, it also puts down less power, less tq, and is slower. We all knew that already though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Like I said the 5.0 is a drivers race for the m3, but on average (public tests) is FASTER. The boss (which we are talking about here) should not be a drivers race with equal drivers since the Boss is faster period.
    No, it's really not. Most of the times for STOCK 5.0s is between 110-112mph traps (my 335i has beaten several, and no way I'm running 115mph traps). These unicorn runs of 115 are cool, but it's not what normally happens; you can't take one glory run and claim it's what all of them run. Similarly I've seen a Boss 302 trap 118 before; but I know they don't normally run that, so I don't go around claiming Boss 302s trap 118.

As for the engine debate, I really like the S65, but there's so much RIGHT about the Coyote. I can't wait to see what happens when they add DI Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Like I said the 5.0 is a drivers race for the m3, but on average (public tests) is FASTER.
    What's a public test? Drag strip? When they are compared same time and same place it's basically even.

The boss (which we are talking about here) should not be a drivers race with equal drivers since the Boss is faster period.
    The DCT is faster I don't know what to tell you. The sooner you learn it the better I guess?

As for the displacement. Great, your engine is more effcient, it also puts down less power, less tq, and is slower. We all knew that already though.
    Yep, smaller motor just as fast because it's engineered better. As in, worth the money for superior technology, design, luxury, and exclusivity. Hey, don't ask me, ask the guy who just got rid of his Boss to go back to an M3. And he started with a better Mustang than yours.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    115 are cool, but it's not what normally happens; you can't take one glory run and claim it's what all of them run.
    Not quite sure what's so hard to understand.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What's a public test? Drag strip? When they are compared same time and same place it's basically even.

The DCT is faster I don't know what to tell you. The sooner you learn it the better I guess?

Yep, smaller motor just as fast because it's engineered better. As in, worth the money for superior technology, design, luxury, and exclusivity. Hey, don't ask me, ask the guy who just got rid of his Boss to go back to an M3. And he started with a better Mustang than yours.
    Public tests/results. Check to see what 5.0s run in the hands of the public compared to m3s. I can always link you to the video of me smacking steve up mod for mod, or bone stock against mods. But you saw that already mulitple times.

The DCT is faster than a manual m3, kewl. Neither are faster then a properly driven manual 5.0 (prooven by: see above)

Smaller motor is not just as fast, as prooven hundreds of time. The OP switched back to the m3 despite the 5.0 being faster cause he likes the way the m3 "drifts"
    Last edited by Laloosh; 03-26-2013 at 08:04 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Public tests/results. Check to see what 5.0s run in the hands of the public compared to m3s.
    This makes sense. I wonder which car the public drag races more? I wonder which one is easier for the public to afford too? So comparing results from all over the place with different sample sizes is how it should be done? Not same time and same place like the OP posted right? Logical.

I can always link you to the video of me smacking steve up mod for mod, or bone stock against mods. But you saw that already mulitple times.
    Cool dude good for you that your less efficient motor gains more mod for mod. You feel better about that engineering?

The DCT is faster than a manual m3, kewl. Neither are faster then a properly driven manual 5.0 (prooven by: see above)
    Except for what just happened in the OP right?

Smaller motor is not just as fast, as prooven hundreds of time. The OP switched back to the m3 despite the 5.0 being faster cause he wants he likes the way the m3 "drifts"
    Really? What does a gallardo do with the same displacement as the Coyote? There is this thing called RPM. Learn what it can do.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This makes sense. I wonder which car the public drag races more? I wonder which one is easier for the public to afford too? So comparing results from all over the place with different sample sizes is how it should be done? Not same time and same place like the OP posted right? Logical.

Cool dude good for you that your less efficient motor gains more mod for mod. You feel better about that engineering?

Except for what just happened in the OP right?

Really? What does a gallardo do with the same displacement as the Coyote? There is this thing called RPM. Learn what it can do.
    What does a gallardo have to do with anything? This is the m3 vs a boss thread (now a 5.0 thread)

What just happened to the OP is not the norm. Keep in mind I also raced steve when he was modded and I was BONE stock. Once mods were put on it wasnt even close. My last outing with BASIC bolt ons, one that the boss comes with stock I beat steves supercharged times on pump gas. How efficient is that motor if a 4 mod NA 5.0 rips up a boosted m3?

Little summary
    Bone stock it went 12.6 Steve Went 12.7 that night with light mods
    Intake/tune/xpipe/boss manifold/pump gas it went 11.7 @ 121-122.......Faster then Steve with a supercharged DCT m3 on pump gas. You are fighting a losing battle.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What does a gallardo have to do with anything? This is the m3 vs a boss thread (now a 5.0 thread)
    Pointing out displacement isn't everything. Thought that was rather obvious.

What just happened to the OP is not the norm. Keep in mind I also raced steve when he was modded and I was BONE stock. Once mods were put on it wasnt even close. My last outing with BASIC bolt ons, one that the boss comes with stock I beat steves supercharged times on pump gas. How efficient is that motor if a 4 mod NA 5.0 rips up a boosted m3?
    Honestly, I really don't care what you have to say. What happened, happened. You try to justify it in your head however you need to so you can sleep at night.

Little summary
    Bone stock it went 12.6 Steve Went 12.7 that night with light mods
    Intake/tune/xpipe/boss manifold/pump gas it went 11.7 @ 121-122.......Faster then Steve with a supercharged DCT m3 on pump gas. You are fighting a losing battle.
    Nope, seems that was the Boss Mustang versus a stock DCT M3 lol.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    But displacement is something....
    Being that you don't care what I have to say simply means you have nothing left to say because I actually posted results to defend my claims instead of talking about magazine times.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    But displacement is something....
    Being that you don't care what I have to say simply means you have nothing left to say because I actually posted results to defend my claims instead of talking about magazine times.
    You're the one who seems to be butt hurt because OMG Boss Mustang didn't destroy stock M3. Sorry the M3 is faster than you think it is and sorry it's a better overall car.

The thing is, you measure the Mustang by straightline speed. Why? Because that's all you've got.

You didn't defend any claims by pulling times from all over the place out and posting them as if they are facts. How many people need to tell you times vary as do conditions? So what, one Z06 runs 10's stock they all do? You didn't defend anything. All you did was post logical fallacies and show a complete lack of comprehension.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You're the one who seems to be butt hurt because OMG Boss Mustang didn't destroy stock M3. Sorry the M3 is faster than you think it is and sorry it's a better overall car.

The thing is, you measure the Mustang by straightline speed. Why? Because that's all you've got.

You didn't defend any claims by pulling times from all over the place out and posting them as if they are facts. How many people need to tell you times vary as do conditions? So what, one Z06 runs 10's stock they all do? You didn't defend anything. All you did was post logical fallacies and show a complete lack of comprehension.
    I am not butt hurt, I said I was surprised and asked about his shifting as those results are not what anyone would expect being that standard 5.0's have put smack downs on m3's. I don't measure the mustang in a straight line, as the boss $#@!s up the m3 on a roach coarse as well. A regular 5.0 with the track pack will $#@! up an m3 also. But thats for another thread Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am not butt hurt, I said I was surprised and asked about his shifting as those results are not what anyone would expect being that standard 5.0's have put smack downs on m3's. I don't measure the mustang in a straight line, as the boss $#@!s up the m3 on a roach coarse as well. A regular 5.0 with the track pack will $#@! up an m3 also. But thats for another thread Click here to enlarge
    You implied he couldn't drive. Pretty dick move to someone who has been doing a hell of a lot of high performance driving and posting about it. Not just arbitrarily picking timeslips and applying them when his car loses Click here to enlarge

The Boss doesn't $#@! up the m3 as when you have a car with R-compound tires versus street tires that really isn't apples to apples. The M3 is better balanced with a more advanced suspension and rear end, ok? Also, take an M3 GTS, mop the floor with whatever pack you put on the Mustang, done deal. IF you want to compare "track" based versions of each go ahead and do so.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You implied he couldn't drive. Pretty dick move to someone who has been doing a hell of a lot of high performance driving and posting about it. Not just arbitrarily picking timeslips and applying them when his car loses Click here to enlarge

The Boss doesn't $#@! up the m3 as when you have a car with R-compound tires versus street tires that really isn't apples to apples. The M3 is better balanced with a more advanced suspension and rear end, ok? Also, take an M3 GTS, mop the floor with whatever pack you put on the Mustang, done deal. IF you want to compare "track" based versions of each go ahead and do so.
    Not exactly r coumpounds lol. But ok toss the boss away. A regular 5.0 with the track pack on plain old p-zeros will beat a track pack m3. Keep pulling straws. More balance and advancent means just as much as more efficient. What it boils down to, is that it is slower. Which kinda sorta sucks for the m3 doesnt it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A regular 5.0 with the track pack on plain old p-zeros will beat a track pack m3.
    No, it doesn't. Stop quoting that old magazine review where they ran that 5.0 in the most perfect conditions imaginable. The track was smooth with wide turns and catered to the 5.0 (being more about pure grip than suspension). Seriously man, the $#@!ing brakedive on a 5.0 is LAUGHABLE. You try running on a non-recently-paved track with quick, low radius turns with THAT kind of brakedive and a solid axle; and you're going to end up in the ditch (or running a lot slower to avoid that issue).

The M3 is faster on the track, get over it. And the Boss 302 DOES have some wicked tires and suspension from the factory; but if you compare it to a similarly track-prepped M3, it's no contest. $$$/fun for new cars, the Boss wins IMO because the M3 is priced so ridiculously high now. But that isn't what is getting argued here. Seriously man, I can't believe this conversation is even happening lol.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    No, it doesn't. Stop quoting that old magazine review where they ran that 5.0 in the most perfect conditions imaginable. The track was smooth with wide turns and catered to the 5.0 (being more about pure grip than suspension). Seriously man, the $#@!ing brakedive on a 5.0 is LAUGHABLE. You try running on a non-recently-paved track with quick, low radius turns with THAT kind of brakedive and a solid axle; and you're going to end up in the ditch (or running a lot slower to avoid that issue).

The M3 is faster on the track, get over it. And the Boss 302 DOES have some wicked tires and suspension from the factory; but if you compare it to a similarly track-prepped M3, it's no contest. $$$/fun for new cars, the Boss wins IMO because the M3 is priced so ridiculously high now. But that isn't what is getting argued here. Seriously man, I can't believe this conversation is even happening lol.
    What wicked suspension on the boss? Its the same solid axle right. Different shocks/springs/bars. So now the conditions favored the 5.0 during that review? You know that wasnt a track pack 5.0 right? And it was a track pack m3....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast