Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    Pump gas? I can put on a drag radial and tune for high octane and match that tomorrow Click here to enlarge
    Yea, pumpgas but drags on... I think...I dunno really remember. Are you doing atco? I might break away to record if you are

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    There's like, what, 5 documented people in the nation running 11's@116 in a stock 302.. LOL!

I know of one stock 340whp M3 that ran 7.8's in the 1/8th with a 24hr of Daytona winning driver. It was a 6 speed car on stock tires. That's pretty solid.
    DD nailed it. They are pretty close and one requires perfection if the M3 has DCT. But so did Sticky..More people drag Mustangs in one week then there have been E9x's for the entire model run.

If you want to talk about downplaying. A stock M3 on PS2's lapped laguna in 1:42.9. A Boss with a braced back seat, splitter and R comps did it in 1:41.1. The M3 was without the competition package. Put them on a dyno, then put them on the scale. The M3 is superior, the underdog, did more with much less.. I could keep going.

Comparing a 5.0 and an M3 is a bit, meh, apple's and oranges. You get what you pay for. I've instructed in some 5.0's and they seem to have excessive body movement and brake dive. They feel like they pivot around on there chassis, kind of like a fat girls muffin top shaking around when she dances. They are nicely balanced, and have good power but short of that they are pretty sloppy
    Last edited by onurleft; 03-31-2013 at 03:08 PM.
    Alpha ///N - YouTube: 95CSL
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    On the track stock for stock the M3 "feels" way better. One I put sway bars and springs on the boss it was a whole new car. Car puts down some great lap times. Boss and m3 on same tires will be pretty equal around a racetrack.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Doesn't matter the new Z28 will murk both of them.Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    It proves that ont he same day, with more more mods, a DCT m3 can BARELY squeek out a bone stock 5.0. Made it mod for mod and its get RAPED. Trap speed sticky, you keep ignoring them. No stock m3 is hitting 117 trap speeds as show in the above videos. Oh and im pretty sure there are a $#@! load m3s out there than boss 302s Click here to enlarge So you sample size argument can go to $#@!.
    A DCT M3 just ran door to door with the stronger Boss. Independent test numbers just show the same thing and the M3 handling better. All this with the Mustang coming out years AFTER the M3 debuted. That's awesome.

And there are far more Mustangs with 5.0 motors on the drag strip than M3's. All one has to do is go to the strip to verify for themselves. I'm always the only M3.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onurleft Click here to enlarge
    There's like, what, 5 documented people in the nation running 11's@116 in a stock 302.. LOL!

I know of one stock 340whp M3 that ran 7.8's in the 1/8th with a 24hr of Daytona winning driver. It was a 6 speed car on stock tires. That's pretty solid.
    DD nailed it. They are pretty close and one requires perfection if the M3 has DCT. But so did Sticky..More people drag Mustangs in one week then there have been E9x's for the entire model run.

If you want to talk about downplaying. A stock M3 on PS2's lapped laguna in 1:42.9. A Boss with a braced back seat, splitter and R comps did it in 1:41.1. The M3 was without the competition package. Put them on a dyno, then put them on the scale. The M3 is superior, the underdog, did more with much less.. I could keep going.

Comparing a 5.0 and an M3 is a bit, meh, apple's and oranges. You get what you pay for. I've instructed in some 5.0's and they seem to have excessive body movement and brake dive. They feel like they pivot around on there chassis, kind of like a fat girls muffin top shaking around when she dances. They are nicely balanced, and have good power but short of that they are pretty sloppy
    Logical and agreed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    Doesn't matter the new Z28 will murk both of them.Click here to enlarge
    It better!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Just my anecdotal evidence: I ran a bolt-on 5.0 in my FBO M3 (filters, powerchip tune, fabspeed x-pipe with 200 cell cats and AP exhaust) from a 20kmph roll to about 120kmph and lost by a car length. I also raced a DCT with similar mods (Dinan tune, catless x-pipes and rear section) from a roll and neither one of us pulled hard on the other unless I mis-shifted or jumped on the gun before him. My C63 with PP and deleted rear cats is much faster than my M3 and I have run Mosport faster in it.
    Current: 2012 C63 AMG PP | 2012 F25 X3
    Past: 2008 E92 M3 | 2009 E90 335i | 2007 Z4MC | 2002 GTI 1.8T | 2000 Celica GT-S | 1999 328i | 1990 Corrado G60

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DiscoZ Click here to enlarge
    Just my anecdotal evidence: I ran a bolt-on 5.0 in my FBO M3 (filters, powerchip tune, fabspeed x-pipe with 200 cell cats and AP exhaust) from a 20kmph roll to about 120kmph and lost by a car length. I also raced a DCT with similar mods (Dinan tune, catless x-pipes and rear section) from a roll and neither one of us pulled hard on the other unless I mis-shifted or jumped on the gun before him. My C63 with PP and deleted rear cats is much faster than my M3 and I have run Mosport faster in it.
    That sounds right a bolt on 5.0 will make more power. Regarding the DCT car you ran, a Dinan tune isn't much of a tune.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    regarding the motortrend comparison, the M3 was wearing contisport contact 3's, which are inferior to the PS2's
    Loe P.
    B8.5 Audi S5 3.0"T" - GIAC stage II ECU / GIAC DSG TCU / AWE-tuning Pulley / AFe filter / 034 TBB / mod airbox / X-pipe
    - 09' E90 M3 7-DCT Interlagos Blue / Novillo Silver - gone Click here to enlarge
    [K&N filter|MS pullies|test pipes|Evolve Stg II tune/Servotronic/GTS-DCT Tune|Euro MDM]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by spool twice Click here to enlarge
    regarding the motortrend comparison, the M3 was wearing contisport contact 3's, which are inferior to the PS2's
    Yep.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345