Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

M3 DCT vs Boss 302

I tried but couldn't get video. Buddy and I headed to Buttonwillow tonight. He just got an 13 M3 DCT coupe. Dude 2 pulls on highway and I was surprised ;(

we were pretty much even. First race started even (3rd gear start) and I pulled so by 4th his headlights were at my tail lights my shift into 5th was perfect and he started gaining in 5th about halfway thru the gear we let off and his headlights were at my door

Second run was 2nd gear. I got the jump. Again his headlights were at my tail lights and he pretty much stayed there. Maybe fell back a few more feet. Perfect shifting for me.

I thought my car would pull more than it did. Maybe just the torque that feels that way. I have no power mods and he only has Dinan mufflers.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very respectable. I wonder how much of a difference that update did on the E92's. They make more power after an ECU update in 2010 or 2011.
    Honda CBR 1000RR, Superbike Supply, Arrow, HRC, BMC, Lee's Cycle, Galfer, EBC, Revzilla, AXO, Dainese, Scorpion Helmets

Honda Grom, most fun you'll ever have on 2 wheels.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I thought the power increase from that ecu upgrade wasna myth? Thanks for sharing op, that damn dct makes everyone a good driverClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    I thought the power increase from that ecu upgrade wasna myth? Thanks for sharing op, that damn dct makes everyone a good driverClick here to enlarge
    Never heard anything about it being a myth. Let me do some research.
    Honda CBR 1000RR, Superbike Supply, Arrow, HRC, BMC, Lee's Cycle, Galfer, EBC, Revzilla, AXO, Dainese, Scorpion Helmets

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I looked on m3post and never found a dyno comparison or anything, maybe I didn't look hard enough. It's important to me bc I'm looking for a e92 m3 as we speak...
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    I looked on m3post and never found a dyno comparison or anything, maybe I didn't look hard enough. It's important to me bc I'm looking for a e92 m3 as we speak...
    Done. Sticky can kill me later. Dyno included, along with various results.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...date-nets-20HP!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by StinkyM Click here to enlarge
    Done. Sticky can kill me later. Dyno included, along with various results.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...date-nets-20HP!!

Excellent! I didn't check Bimmerforums.... Good to know thanks!
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is that you vs Josh LOL
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Is that you vs Josh LOL
    No my buddy Cody just got one. I drove a few on the track today. Stock one with brakes and rs3 tires and I ran a 2:03

and I'm buying one again. Lol
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

My buddys car and mine
    Click here to enlarge
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

ran another 2:02 @ Buttonwillow C13 ...

Click here to enlarge

Hopefully picking up this M3 ASAP
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    No my buddy Cody just got one. I drove a few on the track today. Stock one with brakes and rs3 tires and I ran a 2:03

and I'm buying one again. Lol

LOL, that's too funny. Are you gonna go with DCT or Manual??
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    DCT. The one above if deal goes thru
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Interesting, goodluck man. Are you trading the boss in for that?
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So what's it been like to own the 997 GT3, E92 M3, and Boss? Why come back to the BMW?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    1.Miss having a little luxury
    2. I enjoy drifting/getting the car a bit sideways and in the boss due to the live rear axle and softly sprung rear(which is for grip) it doesn't work well. It snaps the other way quite often. But the car handles extremely well besides that. Drove a couple M3s on the track yesterday and did some awesome drifts quite easily. I have a bit more fun/playful in it. My car I'm always just goin for lap times.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

2:02 is DAMN impressive!!

Hopefully things work out well with that SG E92 M3. Click here to enlarge
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    thanks!
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice kill. Good to see you over here as well as M3post.

What you saw was an E92 with the 213E software update. From what i've seen it's a sizeable 20rwhp+ gain with increased torque throughout the entire rev band. It's no joke that these cars are doing 12.6@114 with 2.1 60ft's, i've seen it myself. Also, if you search youtube you can see plenty of late model FBO cars making over 400whp now.
    Alpha ///N - YouTube: 95CSL
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onurleft Click here to enlarge
    Nice kill. Good to see you over here as well as M3post.

What you saw was an E92 with the 213E software update. From what i've seen it's a sizeable 20rwhp+ gain with increased torque throughout the entire rev band. It's no joke that these cars are doing 12.6@114 with 2.1 60ft's, i've seen it myself. Also, if you search youtube you can see plenty of late model FBO cars making over 400whp now.
    i wouldnt believe any of that crap. I have yet to see any of these "400+" hp cars go faster than the 380-390 rwhp cars

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am a little surprised about the results. I expeted to you walk the m3 pretty good, but I am just going off personal experience with my regular 5.0. You sure you are banging those gears the right way? Cause you should have a 115-116 trap car without much effort.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    I am a little surprised about the results. I expeted to you walk the m3 pretty good, but I am just going off personal experience with my regular 5.0. You sure you are banging those gears the right way? Cause you should have a 115-116 trap car without much effort.

Exactly what I thought. I was very surprised. One run I pulled a little more but think it was cause I got on it first. I'm definitely not a slow shifter and can row the gear pretty well. I mean I race manuals on the racetrack. I was really cinfused by the results.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    Exactly what I thought. I was very surprised. One run I pulled a little more but think it was cause I got on it first. I'm definitely not a slow shifter and can row the gear pretty well. I mean I race manuals on the racetrack. I was really cinfused by the results.
    Don't take this the wrong way but just becuase you race manuals on the track doesnt mean you can shift fast lol. In my bone stock 3.31 car I was chirping the 3-4 going down the strip, ask lostmarine or ultimate, they both witnessed it many times. Last time I raced Lostmarine I put a hurtin on him pretty bad and at the time I was only trapping 116, now im up to 121 with the addition of your boss manifold lol and I simply can't imagine any typical bolt on m3 giving me a decent run.

Did you ever take your Boss to the strip or even do some standard vbox runs to see if she running up to par? Like I said you should be trapping 115-116 and I just can't see a stock m3 keeping up with you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I hear you. I haven't taken it to the strip or vboxed it.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He actually didn't even gain during shifts. Only one one bad run when I didn go into goth perfectly. On the perfect run I gaine a little but mostly stayed at the same rate. I was maybe gaining a little
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast