Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

9 out of 11 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

BuraQ's RENNTech 335iS BT Log shown on JB4 graph

Hello all,

As you all are aware, BuraQ recently set a record for the World's Quickest DCT N54, 11.7@116 at the Palm Beach International Raceway. He is running the RENNTech tune, AFE Stage 2 Elite CAI with open cover, CPE Catted Downpipes, Dinan FMIC, Dinan Axle-Back Exhaust, custom differential lock down by @BoostAddict , 96 octane, all with no meth, drag radials, or weight reduction. He is in full street trim with street tires.

Here is a video of the run:

For logging, he is using the BavarianTechnic tool. As most of you are aware, this device creates logs in .xls format, which means no graph is produced. I know alot of you want to see how the RENNTech tune looks on a log, so I attempted to convert the majority of the values into a JB4-friendly format and put the data on a log. Some of the values are left out simply because the BT tool does not log those data sets.

AFR/Lambda Bank 1 and 2 were logged, however the AFR values shown are from Bank 1. IAT's at the end of the run peaked 118. Ambient temps were 76F. Hopefully this clears up any confusion.

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

4 out of 6 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    Hello all,

As you all are aware, BuraQ recently set a record for the World's Quickest DCT N54, 11.7@116 at the Palm Beach International Raceway. He is running the RENNTech tune, AFE Stage 2 Elite CAI with open cover, CPE Catted Downpipes, Dinan FMIC, Dinan Axle-Back Exhaust, custom differential lock down by @BoostAddict , 96 octane, all with no meth, drag radials, or weight reduction. He is in full street trim with street tires.

Here is a video of the run:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWMZfLr3o5Q

For logging, he is using the BavarianTechnic tool. As most of you are aware, this device creates logs in .xls format, which means no graph is produced. I know alot of you want to see how the RENNTech tune looks on a log, so I attempted to convert the majority of the values into a JB4-friendly format and put the data on a log. Some of the values are left out simply because the BT tool does not log those data sets.

AFR/Lambda Bank 1 and 2 were logged, however the AFR values shown are from Bank 1. IAT's at the end of the run peaked 118. Ambient temps were 76F.

Nick
    BS, he lost 40lbs from dieting, so he can't claim that anymore. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

5 out of 8 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Our Sought Florida bimmer community time to time discuss performance options, riff raff talk, hold meets, shoot each other in online gaming, and also share logs our tunes and get along very well JB4, Cobb, PROcede, and RENNtech,

Contributing to lower ETs and better Speed Traps was yes indeed a loss of 40lbs from my over weight of being 268 lbs 2-3 months ago and still droping. It was time for the logs to roll out to clear up conjectures on the side and giving some insight of what RENNtech has to offer for the BMW community as another option.

Cant wait to get the RENNtech camshafts and VTT3 turbos on this DCT N54.....and yes I am paying very close attention to the DCT. I have almost reached 300 launches on it and its still pulling like a freight with the friendly LC method myself and othesr are using that have broken into the 11s ie Cobb, RENNtech, and JB4 335is'

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

3 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    ou the man well plaed well plated byrqay
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

4 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    So timing post shift stays above zero, interesting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

5 out of 8 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Here is a log from 'mdyates' 335is on its 11.9@118mph run. He's running JB4 G5 ISO, BMS flash, BMS DCI, only. Full weight with baby seats. Probably closer to 98 octane.

I noticed with his factory intercooler and ~1psi higher boost levels he'd getting quite a bit more heat soak than BuraQ. An intercooler might get him another 2mph alone. Also some traction issues in 2nd so perhaps on a stickier night he'd have a bit more potential in there.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 03-17-2013 at 02:52 PM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

6 out of 7 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    D, I love how smooth your logs are. Cars running perfect.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

2 out of 6 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Terry do you know what his fuel mix is?
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory Click here to enlarge
    Terry do you know what his fuel mix is?
    I don't. At one point he had a 40% mix of E85. Then at some point he added 100 octane instead. For these runs I don't know what fuel he was using. But he was running the E85 flash map at least based on the log above.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    this thread has so much rep
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It is lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Why would someone neg rep my original post?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    Why would someone neg rep my original post?
    I gave some back <3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    I gave some back <3
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

1 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jetbill Click here to enlarge
    So timing post shift stays above zero, interesting.
    Benefits of the DCT -- Only the 6ATs with certain ROMs have the 5th gear flatline, which the Alpina flash has proven to correct
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

1 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Here is a log from 'mdyates' 335is on its 11.9@118mph run. He's running JB4 G5 ISO, BMS flash, BMS DCI, only. Full weight with baby seats. Probably closer to 98 octane.

I noticed with his factory intercooler and ~1psi higher boost levels he'd getting quite a bit more heat soak than BuraQ. An intercooler might get him another 2mph alone. Also some traction issues in 2nd so perhaps on a stickier night he'd have a bit more potential in there.

Try like 2+ PSI and higher boost. Tuning any N54 18-19 PSI while having multiple boost overshoots with 12-13 degree timing and a good launch would get you in the 11s on a all stock trim. You are very bold to support that

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    Try like 2+ PSI and higher boost. Tuning any N54 18-19 PSI while having multiple boost overshoots with 12-13 degree timing and a good launch would get you in the 11s on a all stock trim. You are very bold to support that
    Bitter much? Click here to enlarge

You're running 17.5psi peak boost in the log above, not cutting timing during shifts, and look to be running an almost identical timing curve. Only, you're shifting earlier at 5500rpm before it ramps up to 12 degrees.

Boost is sampled in front of the throttle body so when the throttle closes due to wheel spin, etc, that registers as a spike in the log. JB4 also runs an absolute boost targeting system keeping boost fixed instead of increasing it as a function of intake temps. 18.5psi @ 150 degrees is not the same thing in terms of oxygen density as 18.5psi @ 100 degrees. You might even be running a more "aggressive" boost curve than he is given your significantly lower IATs.

But the best part of 'mdyates' tuning is when he decides he wants to tone it down a bit, or even run stock tuning, he can do that in dash in 3 seconds. Have fun taking your car to renntech if you ever want to run straight pump gas on what is clearly a race gas only flash currently. Click here to enlarge

PS. Don't take offense to the above. It takes a certain amount of boost/timing to make a certain amount of power given a certain level of bolt on mods so it's understandable why both cars are tuned the way they are given the goals of the drivers. I think it's great you run 11.8@116 or whatever it is. It's great renntech tuned it for you. Like I said I ran 11.8@118 more than five years ago in our 335 and I thought that was pretty neat. But these days those are all considered pretty mediocre times for FBO cars. I'd probably keep that in mind when writing your renntech marketing posts and looking down upon those you think are running more aggressively than you are.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 03-20-2013 at 12:08 PM.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

3 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Lol, looks like BuraQ has a hater who's neg repping everyone who posts in this thread...

Great results @BuraQ

Good thing neg rep power is only half of your rep power. I'll make it up to everyone here Click here to enlarge
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Bitter much? Click here to enlarge

You're running 17.5psi peak boost in the log above, not cutting timing during shifts, and look to be running an almost identical timing curve. Only, you're shifting earlier at 5500rpm before it ramps up to 12 degrees.

"Peak" is a big difference from "Averaging".

Boost is sampled in front of the throttle body so when the throttle closes due to wheel spin, etc, that registers as a spike in the log. JB4 also runs an absolute boost targeting system keeping boost fixed instead of increasing it as a function of intake temps. 18.5psi @ 150 degrees is not the same thing in terms of oxygen density as 18.5psi @ 100 degrees. You might even be running a more "aggressive" boost curve than he is given your significantly lower IATs.
    We have the same identicle car, and never will you see boost overshoots like that with mine. Your feature should prevent it completely, not after the facts. You supported him runing that type of boost on a stock intercooler, thats just absolutely insane, and then on the same token you are comfortable with him runing boost at 18.5+ PSI @ 150 temps

But the best part of 'mdyates' tuning is when he decides he wants to tone it down a bit, or even run stock tuning, he can do that in dash in 3 seconds. Have fun taking your car to renntech if you ever want to run straight pump gas on what is clearly a race gas only flash currently. Click here to enlarge
    There about a dozen people who are JB4 users laughing at your statement here. It shows how much you dont know how RENNTech tunes. Stop making assumptions its not good for business practices

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Let's all meet at PBIR private event & then some beer after Click here to enlarge. Bring your car & no more excuses.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    "Peak" is a big difference from "Averaging".
    We have the same identicle car, and never will you see boost overshoots like that with mine. Your feature should prevent it completely, not after the facts. You supported him runing that type of boost on a stock intercooler, thats just absolutely insane, and then on the same token you are comfortable with him runing boost at 18.5+ PSI @ 150 temps
    He's running an aggressive race gas map. It's meant to deliver at the track and it did just that. Click here to enlarge

I think you are missing the point on a lot of my post. Your tuning is just as aggressive in my opinion. Throw up a log with your DTC kicking in from wheel spin and lets see what boost does. If it does not spike as throttle closes you have a *serious* tuning problem...
    Burger Motorsports

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

I'm sorry but since when is trapping 116-117 on a race mix impressive? I trapped higher than that on pump gas with a off the shelf cobb flash, that does a HELL of a lot more than this tune.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by m54b25 Click here to enlarge
    Let's all meet at PBIR private event & then some beer after Click here to enlarge. Bring your car & no more excuses.

Click here to enlarge
    Would love to meet but no interest in traveling 3000 miles for a battle of the high 11 second cars. Maybe if it was 2007. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    I'm sorry but since when is trapping 116-117 on a race mix impressive? I trapped higher than that on pump gas with a off the shelf cobb flash, that does a HELL of a lot more than this tune.
    We keep telling him to get a Cobb and he'll be faster with his FBO mods. He isn't interested in hearing it. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

That thing is lucky the break 400whp based on that trap speed and tranny. GREAT race tune Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast