Close

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    First off these are GREAT numbers. They are very nice and there is obviously ALOT of room to grow from here. As many of us know who come from the platforms outside this one these types of setups finally put us up where we belong... closer to being alongside everyone else.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    I would like to hear rob beck opinion.

If remember he said this was not possible.
    As for this comment, not sure what you mean. We can send shuttles to space, we can cure terminal illness in medicine, yet RB said we can not bolt other than factory framed turbos to an N54? Odd. I think what you are confusing is what was said as simply not worth it (to me), therefore I could not endorse them personally. As an installer, mechanic, designer, and a front liner so to speak; my thoughts were that a setup like this it is like mashing 100lbs of potatoes into a 50lb sack. Can it be done? Sure. Is there a solution that could offer the same or similar performance with better fitment, a cleaner look, for less cost? Absolutely. There are pros and cons to everything, and to each their own how they wish to weigh each factor. Way back when (before Tony even presented himself) we had discussions on doing this and had discovered that this line of Garrets were very short turbos, which definitely helped mitigate some of the potato mashing. I give Tony mad props as he did a MAGNIFICENT job with this project. I do believe he did the best that can be done with the design and in my eyes once he gets a good induction on these turbos for the production round it will be a very complete and a very elegant kit which with further tuning will be an amazing street car.

Back on topic, I sincerely send out congrats to Vargas, and looking forward to further advancements. Without setups like this the platform would definitely remain stagnant as we have known it for years now, so this is an excellent opportunity for more pioneers to jump in there and figure out how to push things along even further much like those running ST kits. With that all respects are given.

Rob

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mithiral67 Click here to enlarge
    There is discussion on e90 that Shiv and Tony might have a dyno shoot out. If Shiv and Tony actually pull off a dyno shoot out in a couple months, huge props to both of them being friendly and letting their products do the talking.
    We all know by now Shiv doesn't really do friendly very well. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    Nah, just go to ebaymotors, search for low mileage New M5/M6 Pumpkin from a wreck (Should be around $599). If you're handy with a wrench, bingo just swap in in for a <$600 3.65 LSD upgrade.
    Any evidence of this actually working properly and what else is required? Only saw a couple speculation threads on this topic but no results or finished products. Plus i don't know how good a 3.62 would be in a 6MT, might be spinning tires all day
    2007 AW/Beige E92 335i 6MT / JB4 / E85 BB backend / IC / DCI / DPs / ER CP / Forge DVs / Meth(off) / 335is/550i Clutch / MFactory Steel SMFW / NGK Step Colder Plugs / BMS SSK/UUC KNOB / M3 Front Control Arms / Solid rear arms / Tein SS-P Coilovers / M4 18" in PSS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    lol it makes no sense to try to run this DME open loop. Besides if fueling isn't a problem there are plenty of cheap great unleaded fuels these days. Like E85, E98, etc.
    Terry for a glory run, you can just fill up with a couple gallons straight C16. I've done it before, and my 10/06/100K+ mile O2 sensors are just fine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo Click here to enlarge
    First off these are GREAT numbers. They are very nice and there is obviously ALOT of room to grow from here. As many of us know who come from the platforms outside this one these types of setups finally put us up where we belong... closer to being alongside everyone else.

As for this comment, not sure what you mean. We can send shuttles to space, we can cure terminal illness in medicine, yet RB said we can not bolt other than factory framed turbos to an N54? Odd. I think what you are confusing is what was said as simply not worth it (to me), therefore I could not endorse them personally. As an installer, mechanic, designer, and a front liner so to speak; my thoughts were that a setup like this it is like mashing 100lbs of potatoes into a 50lb sack. Can it be done? Sure. Is there a solution that could offer the same or similar performance with better fitment, a cleaner look, for less cost? Absolutely. There are pros and cons to everything, and to each their own how they wish to weigh each factor. Way back when (before Tony even presented himself) we had discussions on doing this and had discovered that this line of Garrets were very short turbos, which definitely helped mitigate some of the potato mashing. I give Tony mad props as he did a MAGNIFICENT job with this project. I do believe he did the best that can be done with the design and in my eyes once he gets a good induction on these turbos for the production round it will be a very complete and a very elegant kit which with further tuning will be an amazing street car.

Back on topic, I sincerely send out congrats to Vargas, and looking forward to further advancements. Without setups like this the platform would definitely remain stagnant as we have known it for years now, so this is an excellent opportunity for more pioneers to jump in there and figure out how to push things along even further much like those running ST kits. With that all respects are given.

Rob
    Good reply Rob! I agree that anything is possible.

again, congratulations everyone at PTF and VTT.

Lets get these kits built!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    Why, why, dear god why would you get rid of closed loop at wot? I've been dealing with open loop adjustments, ve tables, acceleration ve adder tables, open loop fueling formulas, etc etc for so long on some of my projects that this idea actually offends me. Never, ever again will I build a car that doesn't incorporate closed loop fuel learning at wot.

Never. Again.

Sort of like carburetors, but even more hate.
    Just do a C16 map, and do 1 freakin' dyno! I wanna see 800+rwhp Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

0 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo Click here to enlarge

Rob
    Classy response to TROLL bait! Too many guys on here without a girlfriend, who hate women, and choose to vent their sexual frustration through the internet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    Terry for a glory run, you can just fill up with a couple gallons straight C16. I've done it before, and my 10/06/100K+ mile O2 sensors are just fine.
    Sure for glory runs it's OK. But they are limited by fuel currently so I think they need to address that before considering raising boost higher. At the very least with more octane they could run more advance which should dramatically improve things. I have not seen the current curves posted, no timing data, no solid afr data, no EGT data, etc. They may be keeping much of the data under wraps as its all a work in progress which I understand. But ultimately without all the data in my fingertips it's hard to suggest where they go next. Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 03-16-2013 at 04:14 PM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by wtfmateim65 Click here to enlarge
    Any evidence of this actually working properly and what else is required? Only saw a couple speculation threads on this topic but no results or finished products. Plus i don't know how good a 3.62 would be in a 6MT, might be spinning tires all day
    As far as I know it's a direct fit. There is some custom work to be done to make it bolt on to the oem rear axles I think, but nothing that a good shop can't work around.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    It is hilarious how Tony is owning Shiv on the other forum... Tony did the right thing and brought us the most safe power than can be made on the lowest/most base octane available for this turbo setup. Shiv did all out glory runs on meth and is faulting Tony for provding that which everyone wanted to see. buauhaha

Yes, a dyno day shootoff is a must here...
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    This isn't a tuner battle. This is a vendor posting some [damn good] results. Let's give props, ask questions, and move on.
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    It is hilarious how Tony is owning Shiv on the other forum... Tony did the right thing and brought us the most safe power than can be made on the lowest/most base octane available for this turbo setup. Shiv did all out glory runs on meth and is faulting Tony for provding that which everyone wanted to see. buauhaha

Yes, a dyno day shootoff is a must here...
    Man am I ever glad they started with basic ACN91...no BS, no smoke 'n mirrors. Only gets better from here.

Props to VFF and PTF Click here to enlarge
    [02/07 E92 335i 6MT] - Under Construction

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

@shiv@vishnu lets see your 91 numbers already.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Very impressive. Congrats! Can't wait to see even bigger numbers!
    John 3:16

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

I'm not getting some of the fuel system comments. My understanding is that low pressure was solid, steady and rail pressure was short of target at X HP. Some thoughts:
    1. With solid low pressure, HPFP is getting all the fuel it needs. Thus any changes to low pressure line/pressure won't have an effect on volume.
    2. The HPFP is positive displacement. Fuel is being pushed into the pumping chamber based on pressure differential and since #1 we can't increase this volume.
    3. This specific HPFP cannot support the needed volume at the requested pressure.
    4. Lowing rail pressure should increase flow slightly, but you'd have to be careful with injector IDC.

Try a new pump for the short term. I'd like to see the fuel pressure logs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Geez Shiv is in full whine mode trying to step on Vargas's results thread on the other site. He would have been better served just keeping is mouth shut. Really like the part about dumping the fuel tanks & verifying a 91 octane fill. Isn't there are story floating around about someone getting caught with a hidden fuel bladder?
    Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 03-16-2013 at 05:03 PM.
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory Click here to enlarge
    Geez Shiv is in full whine mode trying to step on Vargas's results thread on the other site. He would have been better served just keeping is mouth shut.
    Yeah it's pretty damn funny.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

"But... But he's got TWO turbos!! He should be making double the power" -NotShiv

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Hmmmm lets see some blown s65s get smacked around Tony...
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blisstik Click here to enlarge
    "But... But he's got TWO turbos!! He should be making double the power" -NotShiv
    Imagine all the whining @shiv@vishnu will do when Vargas ups the octane!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory Click here to enlarge
    Geez Shiv is in full whine mode trying to step on Vargas's results thread on the other site. He would have been better served just keeping is mouth shut. Really like the part about dumping the fuel tanks & verifying a 91 octane fill. Isn't there are story floating around about someone getting caught with a hidden fuel bladder?
    Even 1 gallon of e85 makes a HUGE difference, especially on 91. FTW purple would be big whp by itself. If I was doing an octane-limited, public shoot out with my product on the line, I might do the same thing.

In the end this will be super informative for us consumers!
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

The other thread has been culled, its back to a Vargas announcement without the side show hijack.Click here to enlarge
    Kevin

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I just realized there is a "Report Post" button on e90post...I have a feeling Shiv uses this button a little too much the way posts get deleted or edited in the threads he participates in...
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    Even 1 gallon of e85 makes a HUGE difference, especially on 91. FTW purple would be big whp by itself. If I was doing an octane-limited, public shoot out with my product on the line, I might do the same thing.

In the end this will be super informative for us consumers!
    Agree in certain cases it can be very important, you might want to do a search on the fuel bladder thing.Click here to enlarge Might even be something fuel bladders here.
    Kevin

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    (sorry for posting a copy-paste here ... I'm enjoying this forum as well and wanted to shame my thoughts here too).

Congrats to Vargas and Dzenno/PTF! Great results, looking forward to seeing how things progress.

I find it a little sad that for someone to do well, it automatically implied that someone else has to do poorly. When life or game_mechanics are built this way, there is no such thing as collaboration. There is only the "appearance" of it.

Regarding the attitudes towards single turbos or other modified turbos:
    Those who feel the need to defend - the cars are just as powerful as they were before this thread.
    Those who feel the need to attack - the cars are just as powerful as they were before this thread (get it?) Click here to enlarge

Of course then there will be those who will always go towards the "value" angle, which is completely subjective - with respect to how much does "fun" cost vs. "fun" enjoyed and then … You throw in "first mover" and "bleeding research" kicks. It's a ignorant way to view things, its end goal is selfish - making you feel better about yourself having "less" or "more" than others.

I firmly believe that most folks on the various forums are mildly modified and want to live vicariously through others and that's fine, but don't get in the way of those who are trying to go somewhere or do something.

I think that we forget that we are not the sum of our mods (tune, parts …), you are the result of the actions you take and the ones you choose not partake in. It is sad that someone's loyalty can be purchased for a $100, $300 or $1000+ part, I'd advise you not to fall pray to such a simpleton's way.

For those who really want to "support" progress -- buy a vendor's part/solution. Buy a bunch of things, try them out, swap/trade with friends and make it lucrative enough for the vendors to keep working on the platform you love.

I do remember not so long ago, there were no options with regards to aftermarket turbos. I think TDs were the first and then came ASR/RBs (no particular order), FFTEC/Vishnu Single Turbo, HPF single turbo, a bunch of other homemade single turbos and now Vargas.

How is this NOT good for the community?

What is good for the community is … support, whether financial or congratulatory. I hope we could all go that route or at least the majority of the contributors.

Peace and progress to all who want it.

(/soap_box)

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast