Close

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    im confused now.. how does adding meth with no tuning changes, add HP...?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    We were heat soaking pretty bad, and at that point running up against the HPFP limit. We ran the meth for 1 run, iat's plummeted and fuel trims went -20 DME still has some control to keep things safe, it saw more fuel and cooler charge and responded with some extra power, trust me I told the people there this is not going to add any power, we just want to see if it helps with the fuel issues. Ran it up lifted at 5900 looked up and was like wtf. I'll post the graph when I get home. Just kinda let us know how much more is in there with a few small changes. LM, that's really my only reasoning as to why because it made no sense to me either. Extra fuel when you are getting close to a ceiling, and a cooler intake charge go a long way.
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 03-16-2013 at 10:58 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    We were heat soaking pretty bad, and at that point running up against the HPFP limit. We ran the meth for 1 run, iat's plummeted and fuel trims went -20 DME still has some control to keep things safe, it saw more fuel and cooler charge and responded with some extra power, trust me I told the people there this is not going to add any power, we just want to see if it helps with the fuel issues. Ran it up lifted at 5900 looked up and was like wtf. I'll post the graph when I get home. Just kinda let us know how much more is in there with a few small changes. LM, that's really my only reasoning as to why because it made no sense to me either. Extra fuel when you are getting close to a ceiling, and a cooler intake charge go a long way.
    HFS4 *whistles tune*...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    This is all speculation without seeing logs, but: if it took a few pulls to dial on the tune I could easily see the CATs getting into the correction factor tables and the DME would be pulling timing out. So, if the CATs plummet then timing would advance and power would be made.

Again, wothout logs that's all speculation.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    As far as mods, FBO, Catless HKS exhaust, HKS charge pipe, HKS blow off valve, Helix intercooler, BMS OCC. Southbend stage 4 full face clutch. Thats honestly about it. Pricing will be released on Monday, at least intro pricing.

Tony or @govr46 , can you tell us a little more about this Southbend clutch...
    I know they're build to order but thought stage 4 was a puck type?
    What friction material did you pick? Paired with a steel FW? How does it feel so far after break-in?

Sorry for going OT
    Click here to enlarge
    [02/07 E92 335i 6MT] - Under Construction

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nitehawk Click here to enlarge

What friction material did you pick? Paired with a steel FW? How does it feel so far after break-in?

Sorry for going OT
    Click here to enlarge
    This is a question my brother Tony can answer, As i gave him free range on what ever he wanted to do to the car.
    So basically i dont know anything about the clutch at all.
    What i do know is that driving it the clutch pedal is lighter then my stock clutch but grabs faster. (harder to slip the clutch cause it just grabs)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Terry we're closing the gates 100% for spoolup on these units...there are changes i noticed that can further assist spool outside of shutting the gates...what caused us to lose time was not knowing how applied wgdc related to vacuum at the actuators and in turn how far the gates closed...tony hooked up.a vacuum gauge and we followed vacuum applied as well as boost through analog gauges to learn...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nitehawk Click here to enlarge

Sorry for going OT
    Click here to enlarge
    We have been SB dealers for quite some time. So we went with them as they make great products. They will make any clutch full face for drivability at no extra charge. It's not actually full face it's still had 8 small pads but it does not daily drive like a puck clutch. It's very very street able with about a 1 day adjustment period. It's a feramic clutch. If you need more info I can get it for you on Monday.
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 03-17-2013 at 12:06 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    i missed it... could you recap it for me by any chance? Click here to enlarge
    Sorry but it was quite a few long posts about how any comparisons between ST/Vargas were unfair etc. that all got deleted. For once they got the delete thing right, knocked out Shiv’s posts & the responses to Shiv’s posts.

IMHO It was a Vargas thread about a solid accomplishment after a lot of work that more than a few said could not be done & did not need a competitor jumping in. If you want to see anything it looks like Shiv is reopening the self inflicted wounds in a new thread of his own
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    haha Shiv is so mad at life.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here is the graph overlay from the one meth run. I literally turned the system on, and did a run. Nothing else, I lifted at like 5600 cause we were just testing IAT reaction and fuel recovery. Needless to say, the results were very interesting. We have a lot left in the 91 tune if we just get the fuel as you can see.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow, that really did pick things up quite a bit. It also looks like Dzenno got the throttle closure cleaned up nicely.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory Click here to enlarge

Sorry but it was quite a few long posts about how any comparisons between ST/Vargas were unfair etc. that all got deleted. For once they got the delete thing right, knocked out Shiv’s posts & the responses to Shiv’s posts.

IMHO It was a Vargas thread about a solid accomplishment after a lot of work that more than a few said could not be done & did not need a competitor jumping in. If you want to see anything it looks like Shiv is reopening the self inflicted wounds in a new thread of his own
    ahh so basically 'no NO VTT3's are NOT better than my single in any way other than potential power!! :'( :'( :'('

Here is the graph overlay from the one meth run. I literally turned the system on, and did a run. Nothing else, I lifted at like 5600 cause we were just testing IAT reaction and fuel recovery. Needless to say, the results were very interesting. We have a lot left in the 91 tune if we just get the fuel as you can see.
    wow it really takes off at 4500 meth, 600whp at ~5650rpm.. i can just imagine how high that would have gone closer to 7000 :O

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice.
    Either the meth or the tune fix that dip issue at the 4700-5k mark.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AltecBX Click here to enlarge
    Nice.
    Either the meth or the tune fix that dip issue at the 4700-5k mark.
    If you notice the run number. We did some pulls in between working on stuff, dip included. Power hovered around the 560-570 mark, but HPFP was not holding. D said lets try to turn on the meth and see how the fuel does. Not too shabby...Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 03-17-2013 at 03:52 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Stttiiiccckkkkkyyyy????????? Where r u :p , how many SC M3s are going to be able to hang with a REAL gas +meth VTT stg3? I really really wanna know where our motor gives way though... m3s SC power is a lot easier taken with its powerband... im scared down low with high boost tq may be too high at higher hp level for the car to handle... But this is fn awesome regardless. Now I am kicking myself for getting rid of my 6M 135..... Down the line I am picking up a black 135 w red leather and going all out.. until than my vts2's will suffice in my 09 msport 335 in autotragic.. lol
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sounds like you guys need to run a secondary hpfp to really push this thing. Possibly belt driven or mounted in the oem location with an adapter. I know the diesel guys have been using dual pumps for a while now because they are more reliable than modified single pumps, so I think the same thing will work on the n54

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    Stttiiiccckkkkkyyyy????????? Where r u :p , how many SC M3s are going to be able to hang with a REAL gas +meth VTT stg3? I really really wanna know where our motor gives way though... m3s SC power is a lot easier taken with its powerband... im scared down low with high boost tq may be too high at higher hp level for the car to handle... But this is fn awesome regardless. Now I am kicking myself for getting rid of my 6M 135..... Down the line I am picking up a black 135 w red leather and going all out.. until than my vts2's will suffice in my 09 msport 335 in autotragic.. lol
    Lol, Told u not to sell it..... I see a bad $#@!ing blue one coming around in the near future!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge

LOL autotragic. That had me going. Great job Tony. Looking forward to getting back to Cali.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow, can't even imagine where this will end up..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

More fuel/octane is really going to wake these turbos up. Imagine 30psi on these things. Great job Tony and PTF. This is going to be one really fast setup. Terry, can't wait to see a JB4 + BMS flash car too. Is it going on the 135i?
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice numbers!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I apologize if this has been discussed before, but I am wondering what is being used for a boost sensor? Is it the N20 boost sensor? I ask because if my memory serves me right, the N54 boost sensor goes reliably only up to 21psi.
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    I apologize if this has been discussed before, but I am wondering what is being used for a boost sensor? Is it the N20 boost sensor? I ask because if my memory serves me right, the N54 boost sensor goes reliably only up to 21psi.
    Yes, the N20 3.5bar replaces the N54 OEM 2.5bar.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

nice work tony I will give a call on Monday

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast