Close

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

7 out of 7 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

572WHP 537WTQ - ACN 91 Octane, no meth - VTT Stage 3 Early Dynos PTF / COBB Protune

Hey guys, we were finally able to get the dyno working right and managed to put down some pretty impressive numbers. The car did 571WHP / 533WTQ, backed up by a 572 WHP / 537 WTQ. 91 Octane ONLY / NO METH. This is on COBB flash only, and was tuned by ProTUNING Freaks (PTF). This is with only 3 map revisions on the dyno, that's how close PTF was able to get me on on just street tuning using "whats app" and "dropbox" for file swapping, while the COBB AP made swapping maps and logging a breeze, never dealt with a more user friendly way to tune. If you had any previous doubts to the validity of remote or etunes. You can put them to rest. ProTUNING Freaks took a system that had never been run before, basically started from scratch without even seeing the car, and pulled that out of it. On whatever piss California is passing off as gas these days. Video is attached as well as an overlay of the graphs. We had a pesky Throttle correction down low that caused that small dip you see but its something easily tuned out on the street. We had limited time on the dyno so left it alone. Direct any tuning questions to DZENNO@ PTF and/or JAKE@PTF, and I can field any of the hardware question. But you guys pretty much know what this kit is by now. For our first day on the dyno we are pretty happy. But there is much more tuning to be done. Not sure if this qualifies for the N54 TT world record on 91 or any fuel for that matter. If anyone has done better let me know. Again thank all you guys for the patience and support.

Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 03-15-2013 at 10:27 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    $#@!ing awesome Tony!! Ive been refreshing to hope to see news like this...cant wait for other fuel testing ooooooweeeeeee!! Click here to enlarge
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome results!!! What PSI did you run this beast on?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Very impressive for 91 octane only, wow..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Big thanks to my brother Tony for all the hard work and money he has put into this project for the N54 community.
    Another big thanks to Dzenno for all the late night tuning sessions he has done with Tony to get the car were it is now.
    Can't wait for the kit to be produced so i can finally have my car back after six months.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by govr46 Click here to enlarge
    Big thanks to my brother Tony for all the hard work and money he has put into this project for the N54 community.
    Another big thanks to Dzenno for all the late night tuning sessions he has done with Tony to get the car were it is now.
    Can't wait for the kit to be produced so i can finally have my car back after six months.
    that makes 2 of us!
    07 E92 335I | JB4 G5 ISO | BMS E85 Flash | DCI | BMS DPs | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCU Flash | Walbro GLS392 | E70 | 429rwhp/474rwtq

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Nice! Really unbelievable for our 91 octane.

I want that hardware immediately! Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 03-15-2013 at 09:49 PM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    HOLY HORSEPOWER!!!! This will prob crush 600 WHP on 93 octane, def cannot wait to see Race Gas/E85 numbers. Just to get an idea for the gains, do you have a stock baseline for this car (or another N54 MT 335) on the same dyno?
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Awesome work guys! I promise you, there's more than a few that can't wait for them to be produced!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Great work. With an E85 mix this is going to be a monster.
    BMW 335i xDrive MT
    COBB Stage2+|Wagner FMIC|CPe-Downpipes|BMW Performance Exhaust

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Wow that's impressive for 91 octane, great job guys. Do you have a graph showing rpm?
    FBO / HFS-4 / Cobb PTF tune

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Great numbers.

Can you give the complete list of other performance mods other than the V3 set up, ie FMIV, suspension, clutch, LSD?
    2015 - Cayman GTS - Stock
    2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired
    2007 - 911 Turbo - EP1/AMS (617 awtq and 500 awhp) - Retired
    2008 - 335i e92 - Cobb/AR/Helix/OSS (384 rwtq and 356 rwhp) - Retired
    2003 and 2005 330i/ci zhp - Stock - Retired

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

$#@! just got real.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    And some logs?
    2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Thats what I like to hear, NO METH. I have never been a fan of using meth on the N54. For us here in Florida E85 + 93 Octane will be a heaven for us. Wow finally what I believed in this platform is coming true. Easy azz 10 sec car with these turbos especially paired with a DCT N54 and RENNtech's camshafts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wonderful! Please post boost and rpm info please!
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by redlineryder Click here to enlarge
    Wow that's impressive for 91 octane, great job guys. Do you have a graph showing rpm?
    Yeah its coming, my bad didn't notice that. Waiting for D to get home and send it to me. As far as mods, FBO, Catless HKS exhaust, HKS charge pipe, HKS blow off valve, Helix intercooler, BMS OCC. Southbend stage 4 full face clutch. Thats honestly about it. Pricing will be released on Monday, at least intro pricing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    Wonderful! Please post boost and rpm info please!
    Rpm graph coming, D should be able to answer all your tune related questions, boost etc

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

5th gear pull!!? LOL, that is a nice powerband and great power for 91 octane. How much psi was this on btw? I see 700 whp easy with some racegas. How is the injector duty cycle? Is it showing any signs of running out of fuel? This is soo sick.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    HOLY HORSEPOWER!!!! This will prob crush 600 WHP on 93 octane, def cannot wait to see Race Gas/E85 numbers. Just to get an idea for the gains, do you have a stock baseline for this car (or another N54 MT 335) on the same dyno?
    We had our orginal Stage 1 beta on that dyno before his car burned up. I think he did 391 WHP / 435TQ if I am not mistaken. 91 + Meth, but we only got like 1 run and the meth stopped working which is why numbers were never posted. We didn't finish

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    if the stage 1s are comparable to stock power and that one run was clean, that dyno may even read a little low.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Turbos just laughs at the dyno and simply farted out the whp numbers without even a strain...amazing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge.......... My next mod vtts3 can't wait

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Rpm graph coming, D should be able to answer all your tune related questions, boost etc
    I can't wait! The area under the curve looks amazing!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Pocket407 Click here to enlarge
    .......... My next mod vtts3 can't wait
    +1
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would like to add, through all the dyno pulls not a single CEL or Limp. The car did not complain once. It just spit out 572 like it was supposed to on 91.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast