Close

Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 1019
  1. #201
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,916
    Rep Points
    3,955.7
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Black Sheep Click here to enlarge
    So are you telling me right now I can not order your same wheel with your specs right now?
    100% NO YOU CANNOT. You can get the same style and profile head on a standard TF035 wheel. But it will be just that a standard TF035 wheel. Which our wheel is not. Tell you what, buy one and buy a set of our turbos. Take them apart and try to fit your standard wheel, please. Then get back to me. I will be waiting.

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,916
    Rep Points
    3,955.7
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    in other news, the parts are coming in this afternoon. so i won't be getting the car tonight, i'll be getting it tomorrow "in a perfect world". as long as i get it for the weekend I'll be happy
    Jonah, Mikes stage 2 car has been up and running since yesterday afternoon. Took it out this am. Have to be careful where I drive it as it has straight exhaust and we already have one ticket from just turning it around outside the shop. His flash seems to be set at about 14 psi max, but the car runs great. Gonna plug an AP into it today and monitor a few things. I'll keep you beta testers posted on what we find via email. Besides that, I am not posting anything else on the forums. My transparency has been nothing more than an annoyance to me at this point. My new way of doing things is, build it and post numbers. Like stage 3, that's all people care about anyways.

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Mars, Gale Crater
    Posts
    873
    Rep Points
    682.4
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    sounds good, can't wait to hear
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

    Click here to enlarge

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    McHenry, IL
    Posts
    5,257
    Rep Points
    26.0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    0 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    100% NO YOU CANNOT. You can get the same style and profile head on a standard TF035 wheel. But it will be just that a standard TF035 wheel. Which our wheel is not. Tell you what, buy one and buy a set of our turbos. Take them apart and try to fit your standard wheel, please. Then get back to me. I will be waiting.
    This is your EXACT Wheel...

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/281078608863?redirect=mobile

    What are you doing that is making this soooooo custom?

    How about you post up some pictures of the turbine side of your machine work from the inducer view. What are we hiding?
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

    Click here to enlarge


  5. #205
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,916
    Rep Points
    3,955.7
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Black Sheep Click here to enlarge
    This is your EXACT Wheel...

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/281078608863?redirect=mobile

    What are you doing that is making this soooooo custom?

    How about you post up some pictures of the turbine side of your machine work from the inducer view. What are we hiding?
    We are not doing anything. The manufacture we have used for years that makes millions of turbos parts a year, takes our specs and makes the wheels to those specs. I will say it again, buy a wheel, buy a set and try to fit them. Then get back to me, the end. The specs on our wheels, are just that. Our specs on our wheels, and I will not share them in public anymore then I will post the CAD file of the flange we paid to have drawn. We are a business, and an honest one at that. That does not mean you give away your trade secrets because people who aren't spending a penny with you ask for them. Not sure if you are an employee or business owner, but I am leaning towards employee, cause you do not get what it takes to run one successfully.

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    McHenry, IL
    Posts
    5,257
    Rep Points
    26.0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 6 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I would not use the word "honest" you are pawning off your wheel as a TD04 man wtf...
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

    Click here to enlarge


  7. #207
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,916
    Rep Points
    3,955.7
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Black Sheep Click here to enlarge
    I would not use the word "honest" you are pawning off your wheel as a TD04 man wtf...
    One last time, buy a wheel, and a set. Try to exchange them out and get back to me. As I figured, bored employee

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    FLORIDA BITCHES
    Posts
    247
    Rep Points
    805.2
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    6 out of 12 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

    This post by crazylegs is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.



  9. #209
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Naples, FL
    Posts
    2,086
    Rep Points
    2,146.2
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    We are not doing anything. The manufacture we have used for years that makes millions of turbos parts a year, takes our specs and makes the wheels to those specs. I will say it again, buy a wheel, buy a set and try to fit them. Then get back to me, the end. The specs on our wheels, are just that. Our specs on our wheels, and I will not share them in public anymore then I will post the CAD file of the flange we paid to have drawn. We are a business, and an honest one at that. That does not mean you give away your trade secrets because people who aren't spending a penny with you ask for them. Not sure if you are an employee or business owner, but I am leaning towards employee, cause you do not get what it takes to run one successfully.
    Tony, take a break, this are shiv'posters that are trying to get under your skin.

    Now the fact you called the wheel something it was not, is wrong, please admit to it, or define why you feel its something its not, you should have called it a custom TF035. Not that its "end of the world" but its true that its a different turbine.

    But we know that now. As long as it performs nobody cares whats inside it, how it accomplished the act or how cheap or expensive it is to build, as everybody knows business are there to make money.

    As many others, I like the transparency, and i like lots of information, I am not an employee but I am at my desk all day which is why i brose these fourms, and a lot of people are just bored (like myself) and we want all the information..


    Rob.. Stop acting like shiv.




  10. #210
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,916
    Rep Points
    3,955.7
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by crazylegs Click here to enlarge
    I just see rob trying to take a $#@! on tonys turbos/business without any dynos being able to be shown yet. till they are released by independent people that tony has no control over what the dyno's say, I think rob should shut up and wait before talking $#@!
    He is in scramble mode, he announced a group buy he swore he would never do a week or two before we shipped, etc. He realizes he is losing market share and since that is his bread and butter and how he makes his living, I don't blame him. He can talk all the crap he wants, I don't mind. We are in our beta testing phase after 4-5 months, it took Rob 2 years to get it right. We will see how it goes, I appreciate the support.

  11. #211
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    McHenry, IL
    Posts
    5,257
    Rep Points
    26.0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    One last time, buy a wheel, and a set. Try to exchange them out and get back to me. As I figured, bored employee

    Will do, You must be pretty bored as well since you don't have much machining work to do to the stage 2's/ Stage 3 is another story, Ill give you props to that all day...
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

    Click here to enlarge


  12. #212
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Naples, FL
    Posts
    2,086
    Rep Points
    2,146.2
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Black Sheep Click here to enlarge
    Will do, You must be pretty bored as well since you don't have much machining work to do Click here to enlarge
    Is this before or after he designed a twin kit that Robb announced was "impossible"

    *haha nice edit sir.




  13. #213
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    McHenry, IL
    Posts
    5,257
    Rep Points
    26.0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    He is in scramble mode, he announced a group buy he swore he would never do a week or two before we shipped, etc. He realizes he is losing market share and since that is his bread and butter and how he makes his living, I don't blame him. He can talk all the crap he wants, I don't mind. We are in our beta testing phase after 4-5 months, it took Rob 2 years to get it right. We will see how it goes, I appreciate the support.
    You are really worked up that he started another group buy arnt you...
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

    Click here to enlarge


  14. #214
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,916
    Rep Points
    3,955.7
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    Tony, take a break, this are shiv'posters that are trying to get under your skin.

    Now the fact you called the wheel something it was not, is wrong, please admit to it, or define why you feel its something its not, you should have called it a custom TF035.

    But we know that now. As long as it performs nobody cares whats inside it, how it accomplished the act or how cheap or expensive it is to build, as everybody knows business are there to make money.



    Rob.. Stop acting like shiv.
    Honestly, you guys do not know what you are talking about. We used the TF035 fullback profile and 11 fine shape and had a custom wheel made using it. This does not make it a TF035 anymore then copying a 15" wheel using a certain design to make a 17 inch wheel, announcing you have a 17 inch wheel and everyone screaming. That's not a 17 inch wheel, look the design is the same as the 15. Honestly makes no sense. If we used a standard TF035 I would have posted as much. But honestly with all this garbage, I will prob just change it to quiet the people who do not understand things like that.

  15. #215
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,916
    Rep Points
    3,955.7
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Black Sheep Click here to enlarge
    You are really worked up that he started another group buy arnt you...
    Actually could care less, me and a few people had a good laugh about it, including some big BMW manufactures. As he bent over backwards to let everyone know he would never do wholesale and never do a group buy. Funny what a little competition can do... Whoooops

  16. #216
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Naples, FL
    Posts
    2,086
    Rep Points
    2,146.2
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Honestly, you guys do not know what you are talking about. We used the TF035 fullback profile and 11 fine shape and had a custom wheel made using it. This does not make it a TF035 anymore then copying a 15" wheel using a certain design to make a 17 inch wheel, announcing you have a 17 inch wheel and everyone screaming. That's not a 17 inch wheel, look the design is the same as the 15. Honestly makes no sense. If we used a standard TF035 I would have posted as much. But honestly with all this garbage, I will prob just change it to quiet the people who do not understand things like that.
    Tony,

    You are correct, I am not a turbo building professional and thats why I read the forums, and without you telling me (us) stuff like this, how am I suppose to know this?

    I do read what you say, and than do my own research to learn more, so please continue with the information.

    Again, more information for MOST OF US, is a good thing, and than you will have the others that try to pick it apart for whatever satisfication they get out of it.

    Don't let those people, (which there are a lot of in this group) slow you down, or get under your skin.

    We all just want to see the platform produce and continue to move forward!

    Keep up the good work




  17. #217
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,916
    Rep Points
    3,955.7
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    Tony,

    You are correct, I am not a turbo professional and thats why I read the forums, and without you telling me (us) stuff like this, how am I suppose to know this?

    I do read what you say, and than do my own research to learn more, so please continue with the information.

    Again, more information for MOST OF US, is a good thing, and than you will have the others that try to pick it apart for whatever satisfication they get out of it.

    Don't let those people, (which there are a lot of in this group) slow you down, or get under your skin.

    We all just want to see the platform produce and continue to move forward!

    Keep up the good work
    Hey man, not mad at ya. Just gets old defending something that hasn't even seen the light of day yet because a few people are bored. To all the Betas, I appreciate you taking the time and effort to help get these right. I will update the verbage to something people can understand in future to avoid nitpickers I guess.

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Naples, FL
    Posts
    2,086
    Rep Points
    2,146.2
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Hey man, not mad at ya. Just gets old defending something that hasn't even seen the light of day yet because a few people are bored. To all the Betas, I appreciate you taking the time and effort to help get these right. I will update the verbage to something people can understand in future to avoid nitpickers I guess.
    You will always have nitpickers, especially with the two complete opposite user bases that the N54 has. (three now with Rob)




  19. #219
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    1,989
    Rep Points
    2,386.1
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    You will always have nitpickers, especially with the two complete opposite user bases that the N54 has. (three now with Rob)
    dont forget about the small group of custom one off turbo builds Click here to enlarge
    im not nitpicking because I know what a pita it is to do a build
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

  20. #220
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Harrisburg
    Posts
    1,281
    Rep Points
    1,527.3
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Guys look at this picture of an Eiffel tower on Etsy:

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/81826381...FQjf4Aod-yYASQ

    Looks it's no bigger than that doorway.

    Even though I have never personally seen the real Eiffel tower (mind you, I don't build Eiffel towers but I've read about them on the internet), I know from looking at this picture the real Eiffel tower cannot be as big as the French say it is.

    I mean just look at this Eiffel tower, it looks the same as the real Eiffel tower, so they must be the same size.

    Or is that just ridiculous speculation? I don't really like French people anyway.

  21. #221
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Naples, FL
    Posts
    2,086
    Rep Points
    2,146.2
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    Guys look at this picture of an Eiffel tower on Etsy:

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/81826381...FQjf4Aod-yYASQ

    Looks it's no bigger than that doorway.

    Even though I have never personally seen the real Eiffel tower (mind you, I don't build Eiffel towers but I've read about them on the internet), I know from looking at this picture the real Eiffel tower cannot be as big as the French say it is.

    I mean just look at this Eiffel tower, it looks the same as the real Eiffel tower, so they must be the same size.

    Or is that just ridiculous speculation? I don't really like French people anyway.

    clearly thats a giant human.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    dont forget about the small group of custom one off turbo builds Click here to enlarge
    im not nitpicking because I know what a pita it is to do a build
    You do work, what you're doing is IMPRESSIVE.




  22. #222
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    67
    Rep Points
    80.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    clearly thats a giant human.

    You do work, what you're doing is IMPRESSIVE.

    I love your sig lol
    FBO / HFS-4 / Cobb PTF tune

  23. #223
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    McHenry, IL
    Posts
    5,257
    Rep Points
    26.0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Actually could care less, me and a few people had a good laugh about it, including some big BMW manufactures. As he bent over backwards to let everyone know he would never do wholesale and never do a group buy. Funny what a little competition can do... Whoooops
    You care, you have brought it up several times today... Also I would not toss jabs at Rob when you don't even know him, You don't know what he does..You are just talking $#@! that's all... The comments you have made about him are completely false... Meanwhile your life story is all over the internet... So should I just assume that's all correct?

    Just don't lie to people about $#@! that's all I'm asking...

    Time will tell everything Tony. Don't lose any sleep... Keep on working.
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

    Click here to enlarge


  24. #224
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,916
    Rep Points
    3,955.7
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Dude, I want to be coke. I hate pepsi! Hahaha...Click here to enlarge

  25. #225
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,916
    Rep Points
    3,955.7
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Black Sheep Click here to enlarge
    You care, you have brought it up several times today... Also I would not toss jabs at Rob when you don't even know him, You don't know what he does..You are just talking $#@! that's all... The comments you have made about him are completely false... Meanwhile your life story is all over the internet... So should I just assume that's all correct?

    Just don't lie to people about $#@! that's all I'm asking...

    Time will tell everything Tony. Don't lose any sleep... Keep on working.
    Bahaha. Wait let me copy and paste "so I would not toss jabs at Rob when you don't even know him, You don't know what he does.." But you know me? You know anything about me? Anything that I do besides what you read on the internet? And the bs story you are referring to, has been addressed. All over the internet? Try one site, where given your FB page I could take any of your pictures mixed with pictures I find off the internet and make up any story I want, send it to them and it gets posted. I didn't lie to anyone about anything. You are still completely wrong in your hypothesis. But hey, do you son. Time has already told, 5 months yielded WR for HP and TQ on pump, on a real turbo system for the platform, that the guy you love so much said wasn't possible, then said he built one, got to the piping and gave up, and now says he knew it was possible all along. Well if he knew it was possible, then I guess he was too lazy, or incapable of building it. It's ok we handled it.

Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •