Close

Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Stock Baseline (Blue) vs. Bren 93 Octane PROtune (Red) vs. Bren E85 PROtune (Green)
    Attachment 28270
    oh yea.. heres my dyno on 93 516whp 459wtq on my stock snails from virtual dyno Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    oh yea.. heres my dyno on 93 516whp 459wtq on my stock snails from virtual dyno Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    All I can say is "WOW"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do you have that with air-fuel?

Neil ;-)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    haha im dying here.. +1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MDORPHN Click here to enlarge

Neil ;-)
    why yes I do...Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo Click here to enlarge
    Vargas I certainly hope you do not always try to bamboozle your audience. You calling or referring to this turbine as a TD04 is simply false advertising. The wheel is not part of the TD04 family and it’s smaller than even the smallest available TD04 option in every way possible. Additionally it is not custom nor is it costly, as I have one on order myself.

I can understand the desire to try to keep data proprietary but that would certainly not spawn future competition which we all should welcome. RB released this technical data as there was certainty no one could beat the price while offering the same service- bottom line.

For those looking for the truth the Vargas turbine is a TF035HL turbine which is sized in between the original TD03L and RB TD04L turbine and matched to compressors as follows:

RB: TD04L- well matched to 13G thru 16T compressors
    Inducer 1.850”/Exducer 1.620”/Tip 0.320”
    Vargas: TF035HL- well matched to 10T thru 14G compressors
    Inducer 1.700”/Exducer 1.484”/Tip 0.272”
    OEM: TD03L- well matched to 7T to 10T compressors
    Inducer 1.550”/Exducer 1.365”/Tip 0.260”

The plus side to using the Vargas turbine wheel is that it can drop right into the original TD03 centersection while working with all its smaller matching internals for low cost and effort. The down side is that the wheel is not the best match for bigger compressors such as the 15T, and is not much bigger than the original wheel. The small tip means a small diffuser which means much more back pressure which is not something you'd want to have.

All of the other Stage 2 offerings (RB, TD2, ASR) come with new larger extensively adapted centersections and turbine housings which is required for larger turbine wheel usage. This process requires much more R&D, production, and material cost. Vargas chose to scale back turbine sizing to keep production costs low in a plight to be competitive and there is nothing wrong with that, but the time has finally come to clear what so long has been misleading technical data in the marketing.
    Again Rob is incorrect, for someone who has no idea what wheel I am using to try to come on the forums and tell everyone he knows which wheel I am using is rather lame attempt at slander, not shocking since he just had to do the group buy he swore up and down he would NEVER do. Our wheel head is in fact based off the TF035HL in profile and shape, but it is in fact a very custom wheel in sizing, shaft diameters, and shaft length. I have said it before and I will say it again. Just because you are using off the shelf parts because you do not have the connections to get custom turbine wheels, etc made. Does not mean a business with its doors open for almost 35 years has to do the same. Rob is a bi polar person, its quite obvious. One day he is saying how great a job we did, the next backstabbing us. We ALL know Rob said stage 3 wasn't possible. He is now putting a shiv spin on it to say no he did not say that. (just an example of his back and forth). The guy builds a great set of turbos in his garage that took him 2 years to complete. This is our first go at the N54 stuff and it took us 5 months to not only upgraded turbos, but also a full bolt turbo kit running, that not only works perfect, but broke the HP record the first time on the dyno for pump gas. I made it very clear the stage 2 betas were just that betas. We do not know what the results will be. This is the testing phase, we did our due diligence in building them and spared no cost to make sure they are right. If we find something doesn't work. We will correct it, if you guys think I am lying about anything you have another thing coming. I am transparent with all we do. But sharing specs on parts we have custom made is not how you keep your product worth anything. You think it wouldn't have been easy to just buy a set of RB's and copy them, and lower the price(there is a lot of profit margin left in there, trust me, I can get the COMPLETE CHRA balanced and ready to bolt into RB turbos for under $200) I mean look at the AR downpipes. How many companies now make a set of those? Honestly, you guys can bicker it out all you want. Rob, is protecting his ever dwindling market share, I don't blame him. But we have just sent the Beta's we will see what they do. Thanks
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 03-21-2013 at 01:39 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Your single turbo is looking strong. Going to the PF Chang/Cherry Hill Mall thing on Sunday? Can see the car in person & I wanna run the M5s coming

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MDORPHN Click here to enlarge

Neil ;-)
    Here's AFR
    Click here to enlarge

Boost
    Click here to enlarge
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Stock Baseline (Blue) vs. Bren 93 Octane PROtune (Red) vs. Bren E85 PROtune (Green)
    Attachment 28270
    Not sure if you read the part about using a dyno other than Brens...
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    When I find the time (and money), I'll try to get on an independent dyno

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Your single turbo is looking strong. Going to the PF Chang/Cherry Hill Mall thing on Sunday? Can see the car in person & I wanna run the M5s coming
    no PF changs for meh. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cstavaru Click here to enlarge
    The turbine wheel is everything. A larger wheel allows more flow, less engine backpressure and spins at lower RPMs keeping the turbo in the efficiency zone. That's why I never seen Rob Beck advising people to not push his turbos to the max Click here to enlarge
    You never see Rob talking about not to push things to the max? I guess you haven't read any of the posts where me and him discussed it. Its common knowledge any turbo thrown into these stock housings, doesn't matter how big the wheel is, cause trust me I have built a set with MUCH bigger wheels then robs TD04L's, and we ran into the same back pressure and heat limits up top. You wonder why rob get some many turbo failures, we all know its not from poor building. As he doesn't build his CHRA's to begin with, he buys them built, which there is nothing wrong with. But if Rob wants to come out and say yes push the turbos up to 550 HP all day and see how long they last, let him. We both know what the results will be.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Our wheel head is in fact based off the TF035HL in profile and shape
    This seems to be correct. Why did you call it TD04?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    But can you explain how the results become more credible going to another dyno?? The deltas are there (which are the only things that matter) & the stock baseline on Bren's dyno matches the baseline I have on Undercover's dyno Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    This seems to be correct. Why did you call it TD04?
    You must be really dense. BASED as in we liked the shape and profile of the wheel head. And then had a custom wheel made with those attributes on it. A precision 6262 is BASED off a garrett turbo design that they liked. They took it and made it their own, it was NO LONGER a garrett it was a precision turbo. Just as we did, that wheel head shape and profile is now on a TD04 shaft and shares others TD04 dimensions. This will be the last time I address this, as now you guys just want to argue. If you want to buy RB's, then go buy RB's trust me these stage 2's are not making or breaking us. The people here who are nitpicking are not going to buy stage 2's anyways. So with all due respect, your opinions are just that. Cheers

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Dense - nah I don't take turbo stuff so seriously, its just a hobby for me Click here to enlarge I was just genuinely interested in your naming logic.

I would have called those TD04 if they would have had TD04 head (etc):
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    This is a TD04 wheel, shaft, head, etc.
    but when we saw in the pic realizing its not TD04, and you telling now that the head profile is actually TF035HL, I would personally call them TF035HL Click here to enlarge I don't care really how you call them, as you are quite correct, I'm not in the market for your stg 1 or 2. I've been saying all along that GTX turbos (Stg3) would be interesting. So, I will be out from the naming logic discussion as well.

Your wheels missing one blade (relative to TD04) as well as their size actually reminded me that TF035HL upgrade has been done already for N54 last year. They used billet 13T as the compressor wheel, which should be a good match for the turbine wheel.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Interesting conversation going on in here

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Why do you need to attack everyone? Calling Rob Bi-Polar? Calling someone Dense? Really????

So you are buying a $150 wheel an doing what with it that is making it "custom" What makes you think you can call it a TD04 than?
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You must be really dense. BASED as in we liked the shape and profile of the wheel head. And then had a custom wheel made with those attributes on it. A precision 6262 is BASED off a garrett turbo design that they liked. They took it and made it their own, it was NO LONGER a garrett it was a precision turbo. Just as we did, that wheel head shape and profile is now on a TD04 shaft and shares others TD04 dimensions. This will be the last time I address this, as now you guys just want to argue. If you want to buy RB's, then go buy RB's trust me these stage 2's are not making or breaking us. The people here who are nitpicking are not going to buy stage 2's anyways. So with all due respect, your opinions are just that. Cheers
    Well facts are facts... if it ain't a TD04, don't say it is. Simple.

But this is not a VTT vs RB war. If your turbos perform, 99% of customers don't care what's inside anyways Click here to enlarge So let's just speak the numbers for themselves.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Your wheels missing one blade (relative to TD04) as well as their size actually reminded me that TF035HL
    That is because it is indeed a TF035HL wheel

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Dense - nah I don't take turbo stuff so seriously, its just a hobby for me Click here to enlarge I was just genuinely interested in your naming logic.

I would have called those TD04 if they would have had TD04 head (etc):

but when we saw in the pic realizing its not TD04, and you telling now that the head profile is actually TF035HL, I would personally call them TF035HL Click here to enlarge I don't care really how you call them, as you are quite correct, I'm not in the market for your stg 1 or 2. I've been saying all along that GTX turbos (Stg3) would be interesting. So, I will be out from the naming logic discussion as well.

Your wheels missing one blade (relative to TD04) as well as their size actually reminded me that TF035HL upgrade has been done already for N54 last year. They used billet 13T as the compressor wheel, which should be a good match for the turbine wheel.
    Again, incorrect. That you guys are trying to tell me what wheel I put in my own turbo is rather hilarious. We actually chose an 11 fin over a 12 as one of the benefits. I wont bother explaining to you why, waste of my breath. The wheel is a custom wheel with a TF035 profile and shape, everything else is build 100% to our specs, if you cannot understand that. Then that is your lack of understanding how custom turbo parts can be made using attributes from other turbos works, if you want to call it a TF035 feel free. As I said, we stuffed a MUCH larger turbine over the TD04L RB uses in a set of turbos and we found little to no gain as far as raising the back pressure or boost limit up top, we are not done playing around at all, but that is what we found out the gate. Based off these tests we chose our wheel wisely using the info we gathered. We will see if it performs as we hope. If not we will address i t. This is why we made agreements with the betas, and why we have shipped 5 sets at cost. They all know this, nothing is secret. You guys are honestly bored, and will never buy one of our products, typical forum bs. Ok back to work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Black Sheep Click here to enlarge
    Why do you need to attack everyone? Calling Rob Bi-Polar? Calling someone Dense? Really????

So you are buying a $150 wheel an doing what with it that is making it "custom" What makes you think you can call it a TD04 than?
    Not attacking, Rob is bi polar, and if you guys cannot understand what a custom wheel based off a known design is. Then yes you are very dense.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    why yes I do...Click here to enlarge
    The funny thing is that is actually what our AFR looks like, lmao
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    in other news, the parts are coming in this afternoon. so i won't be getting the car tonight, i'll be getting it tomorrow "in a perfect world". as long as i get it for the weekend I'll be happy
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not attacking, Rob is bi polar, and if you guys cannot understand what a custom wheel based off a known design is. Then yes you are very dense.
    So are you telling me right now I can not order your same wheel with your specs right now? an that it is custom?

Click here to enlarge

Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast