Close

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041
Results 1,001 to 1,019 of 1019
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well the S65 section is exciting as hell as of late. About time for us to have some of the fun.
    about time indeed, the stuff coming out of there, your car, the PD blower.... awesome!

hopefully the future sections take off as well as the N54 + the S65 one has, the VAG forums will hopefully be the next to go with how popular the cars are >_<
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    LOL I can laugh now but its not really funny... its honestly pathetic that they could not just live up to their mistake and make things right... $#@! its not any of there coin being lost... the whole install was pretty much the shadyest thing ever with BMW...

when i first pick the car up i noticed a knock and I had seven codes that T right away said are legit head codes... i forgot exactly which codes they were but they were cam coorilation codes. both inlet and outlet vanos faults, as well as your p3000 or whatever the no boost at all is. They asked if it studdered building boost ever? bc it was lagging a bit, that what i show up to. Barely ran, and they wanted to give it back. I said I would take it, look at it, hoping it was a sensor or something like that so banged in the next day looked at everything and noticed both turbos leaking, which later made perfect sense that the seals were prob shot from getting to god knows how hot while prob romped on with no oil??? As well as a very evident what i thought was a valve or lifter knock.

Return the car, they hand it back and say they replaced

6 injectors
    valve cover
    cam ledges
    spark plugs
    both vanos solenoids

some how the codes were not gone... BUT the noise i complained of was not at all gone, it was worse, i was reluctant to take it, they swore it was fine, 25 miles or so later motor gave out... about 90% sure from everyones opinion and mine the car was ran/started/driven with little to no oil in it Click here to enlarge

I go back there they do a 180 and say basically get lost. So Now the motor and turbos are shot... it put me in a awful fn position and I simply cant even tell you what happened and when anymore, all i know is i want my friends 2007 a4 out of my driveway and my fn car back LOL

Tony is a very busy man i may have pushed him too far i dont know but i grew impatient on the rebuild, the money was returned on my blown set that my mechanic took apart like a dueche so i aplaud him for that, its just got the point where im very agitated lol...

But there are 1,000,000 more things to worry about and lose sleep over that are more important than cars... wife is 7 months pregnant re-doing our house, if that wasnt going on I dont think id be sane any longer but that has helped take my mind off that pos mechanic who caused me now about 6 weeks of hell.
    BMW not warranting any of the damage at all even though it's entirely their fault??
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    about time indeed, the stuff coming out of there, your car, the PD blower.... awesome!

hopefully the future sections take off as well as the N54 + the S65 one has, the VAG forums will hopefully be the next to go with how popular the cars are >_<
    If they all get popular at once, I get to retire.

I think if everything goes as planned in 5 years it all should be rocking. The big expansion is about to come. We're going to cover absolutely everything.

I'm perfectly content building it day and night. Over going out, partying, wasting money, etc., lot more fun making it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    If they all get popular at once, I get to retire.

I think if everything goes as planned in 5 years it all should be rocking. The big expansion is about to come. We're going to cover absolutely everything.

I'm perfectly content building it day and night. Over going out, partying, wasting money, etc., lot more fun making it.
    the hard part will be getting them to come here from the established forums - almost easier after that, getting them to stay

i guess you HAVE hit the point where this thing has become pretty serious for you haha
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

i guess you HAVE hit the point where this thing has become pretty serious for you haha
    Well it is taking considerable time and money to run now. Might as well start taking it seriously.

the hard part will be getting them to come here from the established forums - almost easier after that, getting them to stay
    What I have noticed is people go wherever the volume is. I have a few ideas... watch what happens. If it all works out I'll buy you drinks at my retirement party in Vegas.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Still no dyno results.....hmmm?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 07Tundra Click here to enlarge
    Still no dyno results.....hmmm?
    Click here to enlarge
    When I get "legit" dyno graphs I'll start a new thread and post them there.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    that doesn't look as good news haha, i think they should test and make it works in their cars before selling it like they did with the stage 3, 2 months ago that they shipped this and stills in "develop", i would get crazy if i cant get work my n54 back haha.. but i still waiting some at least 70-130 vbox times of that 770 hps stage 3, or the manual trans can't handle that power too?
    Argentina 135i 2010!
    Click here to enlarge
    n54 Engine - JB4 G4 (G5 upgrade soon) - BMS DCI - CP-E DP - CUSTOM EXHAUST - BMS METH KIT - QUAIFE LSD
    Running at 18 psi with 91 octane + NOS boosters

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vicio Click here to enlarge
    that doesn't look as good news haha, i think they should test and make it works in their cars before selling it like they did with the stage 3, 2 months ago that they shipped this and stills in "develop", i would get crazy if i cant get work my n54 back haha.. but i still waiting some at least 70-130 vbox times of that 770 hps stage 3, or the manual trans can't handle that power too?
    Uhh, what? The reason there are beta testers is to get some idea of how the turbos respond to different tunes and ensure proper fitment across different platforms(e8x/e9x).
    I've had the turbos installed and working beautifully on my car for +4K miles now.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I think what @vicio was trying to say was, that "beta testers" were gonna test what the Stage 2 turbos were fully capable of achieving. As in, pushed to the limits with various settings/maps/octane only/octane+meth/octane+e85/octaine+meth+e85.

Unless I'm wrong in my assumption. If so, that's what I was expecting at least.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

http://www.germanboost.com/images/im...97c6d382-1.jpg
    My observations:

Powerwise it looks good (but at least for me I think you can obtain any reasonable amount of power *on the dyno* - this is not a problem) but this graph presents the same problems I have seen in your log earlier: there is some significant turbo lag down low, and the turbos cannot seem to be able to sustain high boost at higher RPMs. At the top, the graph looks similar to stock turbo graphs, with maximum power at around 5800RPM, while the RB turbo graphs make the maximum power at least 500RPM higher (6200-6300RPM). I think that this is due to the significantly smaller diameter of the Vargas turbine wheel compared to the RB turbine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cstavaru Click here to enlarge
    My observations:

Powerwise it looks good (but at least for me I think you can obtain any reasonable amount of power *on the dyno* boosts is not a problem) but this graph presents the same problems I have seen in your log earlier: there is some significant turbo lag down low, and the turbos cannot seem to be able to sustain high boost at higher RPMs. At the top, the graph looks similar to stock turbo graphs, with maximum power at around 5800RPM, while the RB turbo graphs make the maximum power at least 500RPM higher (6200-6300RPM). I think that this is due to the significantly smaller diameter of the Vargas turbine wheel compared to the RB turbine.
    They are slower to spool slower than stockers but not by a huge margin, 450ftlbs@~3.5Krpms, but that is just a fact of going bigger turbos.

As far as power up top goes: Jake has tuned sets of hybrid turbos(RBs) and the reliability of those turbos has been VERY hit or miss running high boost(as it turns out, mostly miss.) I made it clear that on 93 and meth it was to be a DD driver tune, not one to find the limits. So, Jake tuned the turbos with reliability as the #1 priority. Holding high boost to redline is no issue but IMO it's not worth the risk to pick up 30whp when those 30whp might cost you a new set of turbos a couple months down the line...

Since E85 does such an excellent job of combating EGTs(and back pressure) I decided to save the high boost stuff for when E85 is in the tank.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

As far as my logs go, boost was where in wanted it up top. I don't necessarily use requested boost to set a boost curve. Over boosting makes the DME very unhappy (throttle closures and timing corrections) so I usually set the req boost with the midrange in mind and use the WG tables to set my boost up top. Target 19psi in the mids and maybe 17psi up top but dial the WGs down so that it hits 15psi... In my experience works pretty well and keeps the DME happy.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

http://www.germanboost.com/images/im...97c6d382-1.jpg
    SO what kind of boost were pushing? and why wouldn't you go with E85 in the tank? Makes no sense to me as the E85 would have helped unless it's not available to you?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

SO what kind of boost were pushing? and why wouldn't you go with E85 in the tank? Makes no sense to me as the E85 would have helped unless it's not available to you?
    19psi tapering to 15psi. I thought E85 would be plentiful in Fairfax VA and just planned on putting some E85 in a 5 gallon gas can the morning of the tune and mixing it in after the meth tune. Unfortunately I couldn't find any E85 stations that were within a reasonable drive so I just didn't have it available to tune with.

Believe me, Jake was VERY eager to see what kind of power we could make when DD reliability wasn't a concern. As it is now, the car is an absolute blast to drive and hasn't had a single issue... but I'm still very much looking forward to the e85 tune Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

19psi tapering to 15psi. I thought E85 would be plentiful in Fairfax VA and just planned on putting some E85 in a 5 gallon gas can the morning of the tune and mixing it in after the meth tune. Unfortunately I couldn't find any E85 stations that were within a reasonable drive so I just didn't have it available to tune with.

Believe me, Jake was VERY eager to see what kind of power we could make when DD reliability wasn't a concern. As it is now, the car is an absolute blast to drive and hasn't had a single issue... but I'm still very much looking forward to the e85 tune Click here to enlarge
    I'm not trying to start crap or anything but I got tired waiting for these S2's # and I just got RB's installed waiting on Terry's backend flash to get here and my walbro . Planning on running e50 or 60. But won't be able to hit the dyno in June and I'm hoping to set something up with Terry himself. So we'll see what happens as I get closer to going to Cali. My goal will be 480-490 and no meth maybe for cooling but not for octane.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I'm not trying to start crap or anything but I got tired waiting for these S2's # and I just got RB's installed waiting on Terry's backend flash to get here and my walbro . Planning on running e50 or 60. But won't be able to hit the dyno in June and I'm hoping to set something up with Terry himself. So we'll see what happens as I get closer to going to Cali. My goal will be 480-490 and no meth maybe for cooling but not for octane.
    No problem man. With E50 in the tank the meth probably won't be doing much for octane but the cooling benefit will be huge. Good luck and be sure to post your results.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I sure will! Probably be toward the end of June as I am going to drive to Cali.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    quick question on spool

so far (SO FAR) what does the spool on stage 2's look like compared to RB's?

and do they taper off a bit faster in the top end power wise?
    boop

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041