Close

Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1019
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    you'll either need to run meth or upgrade LPFP/HPFP or both.

in my experience if you run enough meth you can skip the fuel system upgrades with these stock frame turbos.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

I was referring to the flash for fuel no matter what. You won't need to upgrade hardware with just 93+meth, but you'll need a flash
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

The N54 section has been relatively boring lately. Waiting on Mike's results....
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JStang Click here to enlarge
    The N54 section has been relatively boring lately. Waiting on Mike's results....
    It has.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JStang Click here to enlarge
    Well the S65 section is exciting as hell as of late. About time for us to have some of the fun.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I have had rbs on my car for a month and between getting the tuning worked out and the dyno shop's dyno breaking, I am not sure when I am going to get in, so I feel for the folks trying to get results back. $#@! takes time when other priorities trump how much power is hitting the ground. 47Xwhp is exactly what I am aiming for on a daily driver map looking for 40k miles out of them. Looks like V2's are spot on for stock housings and a daily driver tune.
    2015 - Cayman GTS - Stock
    2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired
    2007 - 911 Turbo - EP1/AMS (617 awtq and 500 awhp) - Retired
    2008 - 335i e92 - Cobb/AR/Helix/OSS (384 rwtq and 356 rwhp) - Retired
    2003 and 2005 330i/ci zhp - Stock - Retired

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well the S65 section is exciting as hell as of late. About time for us to have some of the fun.
    I can't wait until all sub-forums of BB are as busy as the N54 section tends to be.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    I can't wait until all sub-forums of BB are as busy as the N54 section tends to be.
    I think at that point I won't be able to keep up.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    while we wait for some more dyno results, here is a log from earlier. I feel like the turbos seem pretty happy and are breathing well. 19.4psi at only 60% duty cycle. 18psi at 6250rpm 70% dc

Click here to enlarge
    335xi (sold)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    while we wait for some more dyno results, here is a log from earlier. I feel like the turbos seem pretty happy and are breathing well. 19.4psi at only 60% duty cycle. 18psi at 6250rpm 70% dc

http://jpsimon.com/335/datalog/05.22...13_3rd-4th.jpg
    Looks good. Duty cycles seem to be safe..
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I think at that point I won't be able to keep up.
    Higher reinforcements.... Hopefully at that point you'll have plenty of sponsors to cover any additional costs
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    while we wAIT for more dyno results, here is a log from earlier. I feel like the turbos seem pretty happy and are breathing well. 19.4psi at only 60% duty cycle. 18psi at 6250rpm 70% dc

http://www.germanboost.com/images/im...3_3rd4th-1.jpg
    Looking good JPClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry for the dumb question, but is the WGDC After PID (%) on cobb the same as boost control DC on procede?
    2015 - Cayman GTS - Stock
    2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired
    2007 - 911 Turbo - EP1/AMS (617 awtq and 500 awhp) - Retired
    2008 - 335i e92 - Cobb/AR/Helix/OSS (384 rwtq and 356 rwhp) - Retired
    2003 and 2005 330i/ci zhp - Stock - Retired

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Duty cycle is not really an indication of "safety". It's just a relative measure of vacuum applied to the wastegate actuator. Once you start changing around wastegates, etc, then it's only useful for comparison to the same car at various boost / rpm levels. Click here to enlarge

Anyway, log looks pretty solid! Hopefully someone can crack 500rw with these soon. 20psi, 12 degrees, on a dynojet, is the basic formula.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    TurboMike's car is at GIAC, sounds like among other setups they're going to tune an aggressive e85+meth map. we should see some nice numbers out of that
    335xi (sold)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    TurboMike's car is at GIAC, sounds like among other setups they're going to tune an aggressive e85+meth map. we should see some nice numbers out of that
    Yes hopefully so! If not he should drop the car off with me for a few days. I'd be happy to push the crap out of the turbos for him. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

When is chucks car ready? are you working with him?
    335xi (sold)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    When is chucks car ready? are you working with him?
    I am but I think he changed plans on the hardware. He had a horrible experience with his installer and had to replace his entire motor. Everything left a bad taste in his mouth which is understandable.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 05-23-2013 at 02:33 PM.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I am but I think he changed plans on the hardware. He had a horrible experience with his installer and had to replace his entire motor. Everything left a bad taste in his mouth which is understandable.
    I knew i forgot the oil..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    After everything that happened with Chucks car we felt it was best if he went in another direction. I refunded his money and left it at that. Looking forward to hearing updates on his project as it comes together. It was left on good terms on both sides.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

LOL I can laugh now but its not really funny... its honestly pathetic that they could not just live up to their mistake and make things right... $#@! its not any of there coin being lost... the whole install was pretty much the shadyest thing ever with BMW...

when i first pick the car up i noticed a knock and I had seven codes that T right away said are legit head codes... i forgot exactly which codes they were but they were cam coorilation codes. both inlet and outlet vanos faults, as well as your p3000 or whatever the no boost at all is. They asked if it studdered building boost ever? bc it was lagging a bit, that what i show up to. Barely ran, and they wanted to give it back. I said I would take it, look at it, hoping it was a sensor or something like that so banged in the next day looked at everything and noticed both turbos leaking, which later made perfect sense that the seals were prob shot from getting to god knows how hot while prob romped on with no oil??? As well as a very evident what i thought was a valve or lifter knock.

Return the car, they hand it back and say they replaced

6 injectors
    valve cover
    cam ledges
    spark plugs
    both vanos solenoids

some how the codes were not gone... BUT the noise i complained of was not at all gone, it was worse, i was reluctant to take it, they swore it was fine, 25 miles or so later motor gave out... about 90% sure from everyones opinion and mine the car was ran/started/driven with little to no oil in it Click here to enlarge

I go back there they do a 180 and say basically get lost. So Now the motor and turbos are shot... it put me in a awful fn position and I simply cant even tell you what happened and when anymore, all i know is i want my friends 2007 a4 out of my driveway and my fn car back LOL

Tony is a very busy man i may have pushed him too far i dont know but i grew impatient on the rebuild, the money was returned on my blown set that my mechanic took apart like a dueche so i aplaud him for that, its just got the point where im very agitated lol...

But there are 1,000,000 more things to worry about and lose sleep over that are more important than cars... wife is 7 months pregnant re-doing our house, if that wasnt going on I dont think id be sane any longer but that has helped take my mind off that pos mechanic who caused me now about 6 weeks of hell.
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    codes **were** gone when they gave it back, only temporarily though as they came back a few miles before motor gave up and said FU to me.
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    codes **were** gone when they gave it back, only temporarily though as they came back a few miles before motor gave up and said FU to me.
    Chuck, Thats horrible..

I got a E90 ill sell ya Click here to enlarge haha wish you the best man.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Any updates on dyno numbers? My wg's are rattling so bad it's annoying. I'm getting impatient....
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've got a few things to do before i can head back for an e85 tune. Some of which are car related(not turbo related) but most of it is boring day-to-day life kinda stuff.

Jake should be getting the dyno printouts from the shop in he next couple days and then i'll post 'em up. I have a crappy cell phone pic of the computer screen but i'd rather wait for the legit dynojet printouts.
    Click here to enlarge

Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast