Close

Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    And the N54 isn't hitting 500 whp easily anyway. If you want that kind of performance no pump you need new turbos, etc.

M3 just needs a blower and 600 whp.
    Lol, just a $15k blower eh? 500whp can be had with $2500 modded stockers and some bolt-ons.
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    Lol thanks guis! But seriously this place is crazy sometimes. I have a lot of free time lately so I enjoy it, plus I got banned at e90 on my 4th post I think. I wont be around so much after August when I start med school, I hear MS1 is kinda busy. I'll have to reapply my car thinking to people. Luckily I like people just as much (systems, calculations, diagnosing, working with my hands, that sort of thing). My only regret is no time for the stage 3's, according to my girlfriend at least.
    Finally Friday. Everyone, go get laid now and set this BS aside Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
    I think you'll be on here just as much 2 months into MS1 haha, once you figure things out you realize it's not as hectic as people make it out to be. If you're an elitist gunning to be top of your class with 265+ step scores then it's a whole diff story. Gluck
    jb4+fbo+meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    S65 WR is 828 WHP / 535 WTQ by a Gintani Stage III, 16.5psi with a Vortech YSI Blower (which means there's ~4-5 more psi left in it with an aggressive, C16 tune)

http://bimmerboost.com/showthread.ph...I-supercharger
    now THAT is what i expect of a 4.0 V8 M Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Who cares about 500 whp? And the N54 isn't hitting 500 whp easily anyway. If you want that kind of performance no pump you need new turbos, etc.

M3 just needs a blower and 600 whp.

But ya it's more expensive to modify but also has a higher ceiling.
    higher ceiling? well, sure theoretically, it can rev higher (from the factory) and has an extra 1.0L to it

a 500whp N54 costs many thousands less than a bone stock M3, 'just a blower' for the S65 is close to $10k alone?.. pretty sure a 'stage 2/RB' style turbo is easy, well, it is in my books lol. $5k odd including FBO and a tune on top of purchase price.

if we're talking about 'practical' ceilings, either car will be impractical when you reach any realistically achievable power limits, 1000whp on an M3 will have a SLIGHTLY smoother torque/power curve 'in theory' than a 900-1000whp twin 2867 N54... but either one is far beyond 'sensible', both will melt rubber at the drop of a hat, and either one would probably cost a similar amount to achieve (depending how strong the internals on the N54 are, and if the fuel system can affordably be upgraded that is), except the turbo system needed for the n54 is pretty reasonably priced compared to what needs to be done to an M3 if we're talking pure undrivable dyno-queen values.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I plan on hitting over 22 psi with that blower.
    damn straight, i hope you break records with how long it's been off the road, and what i've gathered you're doing to it

i just hope (and plan that) my build is a fraction as awesome to the N54 world as what you're doing to the S65 world

your build is something much above what the average (or even above average) S65/ownerdriver will EVER reasonable be capable of.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    Lol, just a $15k blower eh? 500whp can be had with $2500 modded stockers and some bolt-ons.
    $15k for 600hp, $10k for 500+ in an M. 93 octane
    10k+ for 600hp, $8k+ for 500 in an N- multiple fuels needed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    Here's some 180* headers I made a while back for a northstar project of mine.

Attachment 28321Attachment 28322

The sound this motor made from 4500rpm-8k rpm was pure, unadulterated sex. I want to hear that car he posted NOW. @Sticky get on it.

I would feel bad about posting OT stuff but this thread is already there.
    An S65 with 180deg headers would sound amazing; probably Ferrari like I'd wager.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    $15k for 600hp, $10k for 500+ in an M. 93 octane
    10k+ for 600hp, $8k+ for 500 in an N- multiple fuels needed.
    for this sorta price range, count the price of the car itself

$8k+ is on the high end price (top shelf hardware) of 500 in an N-

and 10k+ for 600hp N- is ambiguous, could be WAY more than 10, but also have 600+++ potential... very different spendings depending on what the car is intended for, gets very hazy, unlike $15k M3 WILL have 600 lol.

$2500 on an N- will get you 450~whp on a dynojet, heck, cheap dp's cheap intercooler, DCI and a Jb4 and you'll have over 400, for all of $1500 spent.. add $2500-3k for RB/stage 2 and you're nudging 500.. which is getting close to $1k for a clutch and then the avalanche of supporting mods begins lol

either way, you're talking 15k+ on top for the M stock.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    So many wasted pages full of super boring M3 talk...isn't this the N54 forum ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lol just some m3 talk till the betas report back with stg 2 results.....
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wuts a turbo?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    for this sorta price range, count the price of the car itself

$8k+ is on the high end price (top shelf hardware) of 500 in an N-

and 10k+ for 600hp N- is ambiguous, could be WAY more than 10, but also have 600+++ potential... very different spendings depending on what the car is intended for, gets very hazy, unlike $15k M3 WILL have 600 lol.

$2500 on an N- will get you 450~whp on a dynojet, heck, cheap dp's cheap intercooler, DCI and a Jb4 and you'll have over 400, for all of $1500 spent.. add $2500-3k for RB/stage 2 and you're nudging 500.. which is getting close to $1k for a clutch and then the avalanche of supporting mods begins lol

either way, you're talking 15k+ on top for the M stock.
    ok, count every option you get with the M then, and because you didn't get it oem, count the install of that for $ comparisons.
    ambiguous? We have yet to see a 600hp N run, dyno yes, run no. I wouldn't count all these theories from one dyno..
    nudging 500 on rbs.. Again.. On what fuel and how often? Try and DD it, and re evaluate that cost buddy. We can do this everyday, only one of us has owned and paid for both, rather than read about it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

12 out of 18 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

This post by Ocean is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    now THAT is what i expect of a 4.0 V8 M Click here to enlarge
    It's fwhp...not rwhp. Still decent though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ocean Click here to enlarge
    Tony, the message I get from your various entries here is that A) The market is too stupid to appreciate the technical specs of your turbos, B) Any mislabeling or misrepresentation is an erroneous assumption, because you reserve the right to call things whatever you want and ascribe your own meaning to them (ie a TF035 is not a TD04, wrong! They are the same with a bit of mind bending!) C) Your peers and competitors are unqualified to comment on your product due to psychiatric deficiencies, and D) you hope your products will work as advertised, but if they don't you will continue working on them in the hope of reaching a stable state. Well, I wish you the best and count myself lucky that Rob Beck will be shipping me a set of his turbos next week. I prefer a solid, fully tested and proven product over all this soap opera drama that seems to accompany VTT's virgin releases.
    Well spoken , but prepare to get neg repped into oblivion by the groupies.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blaizon Click here to enlarge
    Good call, that was my mistake -- Sounds like the car has that power in it if Sticky's gonna crank up the YSI to 22psi
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Tony, the message I get from your various entries here is that A) The market is too stupid to appreciate the technical specs of your turbos, B) Any mislabeling or misrepresentation is an erroneous assumption, because you reserve the right to call things whatever you want and ascribe your own meaning to them (ie a TF035 is not a TD04, wrong! They are the same with a bit of mind bending!) C) Your peers and competitors are unqualified to comment on your product due to psychiatric deficiencies, and D) you hope your products will work as advertised, but if they don't you will continue working on them in the hope of reaching a stable state. Well, I wish you the best and count myself lucky that Rob Beck will be shipping me a set of his turbos next week. I prefer a solid, fully tested and proven product over all this soap opera drama that seems to accompany VTT's virgin releases.
    you forgot to mention that forums are worthless wastes of time and no one owes anyone information here

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    You nailed it sir, you know everything about our product and who we are because you read through a few pages on an internet forum.

Ps. Our "virgin" untested products just broke every N54 pump gas record the first time on the dyno on a work in progress tune. Good luck with your RB's as I have stated many times in the past they are a quality product, if they do happen to fail we will be offering VSR balanced drop in replacement CHRA's for around $250 a piece here in the near future. Cheers
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 03-23-2013 at 06:34 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blaizon Click here to enlarge
    OH

so 750ishwhp dynojet? that's still not a low number Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    ok, count every option you get with the M then, and because you didn't get it oem, count the install of that for $ comparisons.
    ambiguous? We have yet to see a 600hp N run, dyno yes, run no. I wouldn't count all these theories from one dyno..
    nudging 500 on rbs.. Again.. On what fuel and how often? Try and DD it, and re evaluate that cost buddy. We can do this everyday, only one of us has owned and paid for both, rather than read about it
    performance only?

ok not counting labour (8-16 hours?), $500 front control arms, $300 front sway bar, $1000-1500~ rear every link + smallish cost in M3 style rear shock chassis, $300 again in rear sway bar, ~$500 for a used rear subframe with bushes
    $1200+install (bundled with other stuff) for LSD (a 130i owner over here in australia is testing out a kaaz 1.5 way in a few days to see if it fits, just as a random aside) - so $4.5-$5k all up there. brakes are done on both m3 and N54 cars, same with wheels/tires, same with coilovers. ED: oh and like $400ish M3 front strut brace.

500 RB's, E85? E85 flex is a reasonable fuel for every day depending on where you life.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    performance only?

ok not counting labour (8-16 hours?), $500 front control arms, $300 front sway bar, $1000-1500~ rear every link + smallish cost in M3 style rear shock chassis, $300 again in rear sway bar, ~$500 for a used rear subframe with bushes
    $1200+install (bundled with other stuff) for LSD (a 130i owner over here in australia is testing out a kaaz 1.5 way in a few days to see if it fits, just as a random aside) - so $4.5-$5k all up there. brakes are done on both m3 and N54 cars, same with wheels/tires, same with coilovers. ED: oh and like $400ish M3 front strut brace.

500 RB's, E85? E85 flex is a reasonable fuel for every day depending on where you life.
    That's all it takes to make an x35i an M3?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cstavaru Click here to enlarge
    So many wasted pages full of super boring M3 talk...isn't this the N54 forum ?
    It's not boring if 180 degree headers are involved.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    That's all it takes to make an x35i an M3?
    there's some chassis stiffness stuff probably (more seam welds), but i can't be sure of that, and bracing/a cage makes that a moot point... and the body kit for wider track which is a couple $k (but relatively common all the same)

the front suspension is a LITTLE different (wider shock tubes or something) but nothing that's a particular advantage, control arms all the same.

suspension and subframe wise, as far as i'm aware that's about what it takes to convert non-M suspension parts to M3, yes (plus an LSD). ~$5k in parts

and you have to be fairly lucky/hunt around to find the subframe for a reasonable price, (it's lighter) over in the UK i've seen them for 300~GBP, you could have it at that price for somewhere around $700 USD shipped to your door in theory, add the fact it comes with the good bushings too..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    What's the max psi you'd run the YSI on with the S65? Clearly you're after that 1k WHP number, I just figured it'd take the ProCharger to get you there.
    Not even after that number. I'm after maxing the YSI. What that results in is what it results in.

Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast