Close

Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    You can't argue JB4 (or PROcede) is part of your cheapest FBO setup because you're still going to need a flash (the COBB) to make real fueling/timing adjustments to maximize safe power. ESPECIALLY if you're gonna start throwing around E85-power numbers.

Ahh true, my bad, always forget that - just cobb it in that case i guess anyway lol if you're budget concerned

is it possible to get a shop somewhere to just flash you with their cobb stuff? Or do you NEED the AP if just for fuelling flashes?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    is it possible to get a shop somewhere to just flash you with their cobb stuff? Or do you NEED the AP if just for fuelling flashes?
    Well COBB is going to best, most flexible option. Think of it this way, if you go with the Vishnu, or a GIAC/Eurocharged/etc etc, you're stuck with exactly they program the tune for. Meanwhile, the COBB gives you a huge amount of flexibility (map switching between 93 octane, E85 and/or Race Gas) and has resale value. The biggest problem (which every tune but a standalone has to deal with) is you're limited to the OEM DME tables that you can access.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

You can't argue JB4 (or PROcede) is part of your cheapest FBO setup because you're still going to need a flash (the COBB) to make real fueling/timing adjustments to maximize safe power. ESPECIALLY if you're gonna start throwing around E85-power numbers.
    Motors not using your tune of choice will explode? Click here to enlarge
    Back to the off topic of big power w/ low budget; you can't beat WinOls. Free flash tuning.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Well COBB is going to best, most flexible option. Think of it this way, if you go with the Vishnu, or a GIAC/Eurocharged/etc etc, you're stuck with exactly they program the tune for. Meanwhile, the COBB gives you a huge amount of flexibility (map switching between 93 octane, E85 and/or Race Gas) and has resale value. The biggest problem (which every tune but a standalone has to deal with) is you're limited to the OEM DME tables that you can access.
    that's true, especially if you're planning at stopping on fairly basic mods, tune swapping wise the piggy's are just as flexible, the cobb has the advantage of timing edits though.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    Back to the off topic of big power w/ low budget; you can't beat WinOls. Free flash tuning.
    it's a pity there's no open source tuning options for the N54...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Getting creative as of how to make big power as cheap as possible, the cheapest easy custom timing would be what ever is the oldest Procede version having the adjustable timing tables open and purchased second hand. Some of those must be just laying around.

Dropping the exhaust is free of charge. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I'm sure you can map N54 with WinOLS. If I'd have to guess, FFTEC might use it for flashing. Since it is free, they don't need to charge much for their flash. Do they charge $100 or something...?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Still no ST2 dyno graphs??????
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, DCI, 7" FMIC, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    Haha no, but the COBB AP (whether you get PROtuned or get the BMS maps) is the most mainstream (and versatile) flashing option.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    +1, all this hoople and its already Wednesday...
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I came in here to post this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by El Duce Click here to enlarge
    I came in here to post this.
    Doubtful. I don't think anyone has even had these on their car for a week yet not to mention getting tuning straightened out before hitting the dyno.
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

So is there some sort of gag order or non-disclosure agreement on talking about these betas? I was hoping for run videos and install pics at least. Nothing but pics of open UPS boxes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

There was some agreement on what can be disclosed. I believe JPSimon mentioned that in a post.
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JStang Click here to enlarge
    There was some agreement on what can be disclosed. I believe JPSimon mentioned that in a post.
    There is nothing to be disclosed, I have set on Mikes car and Jonah has his installed and is tuning. When the tuning is ready for the dyno they will go on one. I have made it clear to the betas, do not rush anything because people are bored on the forums are asking for things.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

yeah nothing to report other than they feel awesome. No smoking issues at all. Everything going smoothly.

I'll be getting on a dyno soon.
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajsalida Click here to enlarge
    So is there some sort of gag order or non-disclosure agreement on talking about these betas? I was hoping for run videos and install pics at least. Nothing but pics of open UPS boxes.
    I had the turbos shipped to the shop - I was in a rush so didn't even get a moment to take detailed pics when I dropped off my car. Then I picked up the car when it was all complete. So that's why there are no install pics.

Videos will come in time, first the tune must be made perfect. Dyno will be coming soon. The way this forum works, if i posted a video of a "work in progress" people would find things to complain about. But if I don't post videos, people complain there are no videos! It's a lose-lose.

It's almost time for videos/dyno. be patient
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    I had the turbos shipped to the shop - I was in a rush so didn't even get a moment to take detailed pics when I dropped off my car. Then I picked up the car when it was all complete. So that's why there are no install pics.

Videos will come in time, first the tune must be made perfect. Dyno will be coming soon. The way this forum works, if i posted a video of a "work in progress" people would find things to complain about. But if I don't post videos, people complain there are no videos! It's a lose-lose.

It's almost time for videos/dyno. be patient

Look forward to your results and thanks for your efforts Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jeller Click here to enlarge
    Look forward to your results and thanks for your efforts Click here to enlarge
    +1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    There is nothing to be disclosed, I have set on Mikes car and Jonah has his installed and is tuning. When the tuning is ready for the dyno they will go on one. I have made it clear to the betas, do not rush anything because people are bored on the forums are asking for things.
    I'm not Bored.........I'm STOKED!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

So the update is this, street tuning last night clutch was already starting to slip. I babied it and was hoping it would hold up on the Dyno. Got it on there and as soon as it saw 500 fl lbs of torque it would slip. Car has a 100% stock clutch never been replaced 36,000 miles. So really nothing good to report except I am talking with the OP about clutch options. I am as disappointed as everyone probably X10. I just want the numbers already, if they are what we hope, then were good to go. If not then we address it and go from there. After the tuning session last night me and D were both confident the car was going to be a 500 WHP car. Guess we will have to wait a little longer or for another tester to get on the dyno.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Good stuff Tony Click here to enlarge
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I'm working on getting the install ASAP. The shop that i had scheduled to get it done wednesday decided to not do it(i honestly don't know what is up with that) and i tried to get another indy to do it this week but they quoted me $1800 so i said $#@! that. The local shop that i want to do it(best reputation in the area) is on board to do it but it will have to wait until LATE next week...
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    I'm working on getting the install ASAP. The shop that i had scheduled to get it done wednesday decided to not do it(i honestly don't know what is up with that) and i tried to get another indy to do it this week but they quoted me $1800 so i said $#@! that. The local shop that i want to do it(best reputation in the area) is on board to do it but it will have to wait until LATE next week...
    $#@!! I'd have no hair left on my head by now! what's up with shops like that, I ran across one two years ago that decided he doesn't want my business lol...

Good luck buddy
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marv85 Click here to enlarge
    $#@!! I'd have no hair left on my head by now! what's up with shops like that, I ran across one two years ago that decided he doesn't want my business lol...

Good luck buddy
    Idk man, monday the shop was all on board and "excited" to do it. Then tuesday due to "things outside their control" they would be unable to do.

I'm pretty much out of options for getting it done before the end of next week. The only shop left in my area is Bimmerworld and they're probably one of the best BMW shops in the world. However, if it's not a "racecar" they won't work on itClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast