Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Upgraded Stett oil cooler SS lines (pics)

My old stett stage 2 oil cooler lines started leaking a bit from the fittings so I called "Chad" and he madfe these for me. They are top notch in every way!

Here they are:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

I modified the canisters to help wth rubbing issues:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rubbing points:
    Click here to enlarge

Installed pics:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    JB4 G5, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Pics much appreciated, thank you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Rather than using a single cable tie to hold the lines together, I'd use two. Put one loosely around both and a second tie to go around the first between the two lines. Then tighten the second zip tie to pull the the first one together between the two lines.

Visualize it as a figure 8, with the first tie going around the perimeter and the second squeezing the tie together between the two lines.

This is how racers do it and it prevents the oil lines from chafing against each other.

Hope that makes sense.

Neil

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very nice Rob
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MDORPHN Click here to enlarge
    Rather than using a single cable tie to hold the lines together, I'd use two. Put one loosely around both and a second tie to go around the first between the two lines. Then tighten the second zip tie to pull the the first one together between the two lines.

Visualize it as a figure 8, with the first tie going around the perimeter and the second squeezing the tie together between the two lines.

This is how racers do it and it prevents the oil lines from chafing against each other.

Hope that makes sense.

Neil
    that is actually a great idea! I was also going to buy rubbing around a section off the middle of the house so they can not touch....like you're idea better! (Repped! )
    JB4 G5, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have the same problem with my stett oil cooler. How much were they? And do they have the original black lines?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by erikDA$#@! Click here to enlarge
    I have the same problem with my stett oil cooler. How much were they? And do they have the original black lines?
    it was the fittings leaking on mine...the houses appeared shiny with oil.

They are $290.00

I have the originals but are pretty much screwed...I have cut them lol!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have the same kit and also had to replace some of the fittings. The core is/was sound but one of the lines was not crimped properly to accept the fittings and leaked when the oil got up to temp.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    I have the same kit and also had to replace some of the fittings. The core is/was sound but one of the lines was not crimped properly to accept the fittings and leaked when the oil got up to temp.
    call stett there is a warranty on the lines/ fittings....call the New Mexico number.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by robc1976 Click here to enlarge
    call stett there is a warranty on the lines/ fittings....call the New Mexico number.
    Thanks, but it's already long fixed. When you say you called 'Chad' do you mean a representative at Stett?
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    Thanks, but it's already long fixed. When you say you called 'Chad' do you mean a representative at Stett?
    Yep Chad stett. I have another mod also...during that steps the 90 degree bends so they are not right on top of each other.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Made a seperate thread on this to

I am sure somone has done this but I wanted to post some pics of this easy mod. I was so sick and tired of my Stett stage 2 oil cooler 90 degree hose ends at the thermostat being right on top of eachother, making it hard to tighten the bottom fitting and rubbing ect so here is the solution.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge