Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Smile MChat is now here!

Welcome MChat, take a look around, I think you will like what you see.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    New to this forum, new to BMW's, but not new to turbocharged cars or performance.

I've been playing with SRT-4's for almost 10 years now (picked up my first in May 2003). I built my first car up and ran 11.3 at 127 at the local track, all on the stock engine. Then I built the engine and added a BIG turbo and a 250 shot of nitrous (was aiming for 900+ whp) but things got tight and I ended up selling off parts before it was ever fully tuned. Finally I put a mildly built engine in it and an AGP Zeta 3.0 turbo in it and sold it in 2009.

In 2011 I picked up another SRT-4 in pieces and put it back together, putting down just over 400whp as a daily driver.

2 years later I'm selling it and have just picked up my first BMW: a 2009 135i and I've already been researching modifications I want to do.

I do have a few questions, and it looks like this is the place to find out. One of my first questions: is anyone making an aftermarket turbo manifold that will allow me to bolt on an aftermarket T3/T4 turbo (I prefer the T3 flange)? I'd like to find just the manifold as I'm not looking for an entire kit (I have a turbo in mind already), but wouldn't be opposed to a full kit minus the turbo.

Anyway, I'll be searching the forum, trying to find my answers and will try not to post too many newb questions.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Welcome
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MChat Click here to enlarge
    I do have a few questions, and it looks like this is the place to find out. One of my first questions: is anyone making an aftermarket turbo manifold that will allow me to bolt on an aftermarket T3/T4 turbo (I prefer the T3 flange)? I'd like to find just the manifold as I'm not looking for an entire kit (I have a turbo in mind already), but wouldn't be opposed to a full kit minus the turbo.

Anyway, I'll be searching the forum, trying to find my answers and will try not to post too many newb questions.
    Definitely want to ask in the engine section.

Welcome.