Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He's wrapping up. I'm absolutely in awe of how well he did. I feel a beacon of hope as an American I haven't felt in a surprisingly long amount of time.

Now if Obama doesn't respond to this, I have no idea what to say.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow... simply wow. He got a standing ovation and you aren't allowed to voice approval or disapproval in the senate and it just kept going.

I'm incredibly impressed, makes me feel like being a senator. But I'd probably get banned on my first day.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That it takes a filibuster to oppose something like this just shows how screwed this country is right now. Makes me sick.
    335i Coupe, JB4 (G4, map 5) DCI and 40% E85 blend: 2009 BMW 335i Coupe: 12.173 @ 109.490 MPH

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thank god for this man...one of the few political post I put on FB
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Goddamn. He must be hoarse today

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    is there a video or audio of this anywhere
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GetSomeE92 Click here to enlarge
    That it takes a filibuster to oppose something like this just shows how screwed this country is right now. Makes me sick.
    This is the correct reaction.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    is there a video or audio of this anywhere
    I'll see what I can find.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So Rand Paul wastes how much time to basically get a bull$#@! answer from the White House regarding drone attacks ?
    Here's the letter from Atny General Eric Holder:

Senator-Rand-Paul-Letter.pdf

Operative phrase there, "not engaged in combat on American soil". Sorry, but this is a $#@!ing joke. They really needed to waste all that time to clarify that? Cause the government is just going to start killing people with drones? And even if they did (start killing people) they can always say, well, this or that person was a domestic terrorist and was engaged in combat with ATF, FBI...whatever. Total waste of time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    He got more than a response, he got the nation's attention to this issue. The fact that they are willing to strip an american citizen's constitutional rights on the president's word.

In my opinion, the purpose of a drone is to operate in area where it is impossible (too dangerous) to send american troops. Like incursions into Pakistan or certain areas of Afganistan. I am having trouble imagining a place within the USA that would be too dangerous for US troops to go.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Velocity26 Click here to enlarge
    He got more than a response, he got the nation's attention to this issue. The fact that they are willing to strip an american citizen's constitutional rights on the president's word.

In my opinion, the purpose of a drone is to operate in area where it is impossible (too dangerous) to send american troops. Like incursions into Pakistan or certain areas of Afganistan. I am having trouble imagining a place within the USA that would be too dangerous for US troops to go.
    Waco ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That was not too dangerous, they were simply unwilling to accept the direct collateral damage that would result from a strike. Law enforcement had the compound surrounded and contained. That was simply a game of public perception.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    So Rand Paul wastes how much time to basically get a bull$#@! answer from the White House regarding drone attacks ?
    It's sad but it's something at least. Some kind of acknowledgement:

"It has come to my attention that you have now asked an additional question: 'Does the President have the authority to use a weaponized drone to kill an American not engaged in combat on American soil?'" wrote Holder. "The answer to that question is no."

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Exactly but I'm amazed at the arrogance of this administration and the CIA. It's just not our country any longer, certainly doesn't feel like it.

Didn't we have a revolution to get away from big central government that was all powerful?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am having trouble imagining a place within the USA that would be too dangerous for US troops to go.
    Oh I'm sure they will find one. And once they do, they will find another. Then another, and so forth. They are already using drones here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Oh I'm sure they will find one. And once they do, they will find another. Then another, and so forth. They are already using drones here.
    Hence my point about how Rand Paul demanding clarification was a total waste of time. The gov will do whatever they want, whenever they want and will justify it however they see fit. It's hard to stop a freight train at full steam.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

allow me to be the first to say that this is not the same America that we've had for the last many many years... economically, politically and liberty wise this is not the same country as it was in the 80's and 90's when immigrants were piling over here in search of a better life. When I talk to folks from Europe these days; none of them even want to come here anymore because standards have gone up in so many areas there. That is not to say Europe is golden but there certainly is no longer a disparity as there was in the 80's and 90s...
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hence my point about how Rand Paul demanding clarification was a total waste of time. The gov will do whatever they want, whenever they want and will justify it however they see fit. It's hard to stop a freight train at full steam.
    Well the whole point of having three branches of government were so that they could balance each other out. It looks like Congress is trying to do something, and I'm sure there are lawsuits being filed so that the Supreme Court can have a say in this, as well.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think he showed courage and opened up debate on a lot of topics. Did it stop the guys appointment? No, but it forced the Whitehouse to acknowledge and respond. Also let's them know we do have patriots in the senate.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    allow me to be the first to say that this is not the same America that we've had for the last many many years... economically, politically and liberty wise this is not the same country as it was in the 80's and 90's when immigrants were piling over here in search of a better life. When I talk to folks from Europe these days; none of them even want to come here anymore because standards have gone up in so many areas there. That is not to say Europe is golden but there certainly is no longer a disparity as there was in the 80's and 90s...
    Very true, we are no longer the beacon of freedom and liberty for the rest of the world to admire.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12