Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jetbill Click here to enlarge
    Any suggestions to fix it? It didn't seem that evident. Thanks.
    Nothing that can be just explained in a forum post. It can be as simple as just noise pickup by the knock sensors post shift too. Have you tried running the same tune with say a higher concentration of E85 or 100% MS109 race gas to discount octane issues.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maxn54 Click here to enlarge
    So from my understanding even when running only Stage 1 sport on the Cobb (91 octane oblige) I should deactivate the torque intervention by ign on my 6MT because it's better ? Also is better with xi ? Wondering because from time to time I have this strange surging like feeling without nothing special showing on the datalogs
    Post up your datalogs.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Nothing that can be just explained in a forum post. It can be as simple as just noise pickup by the knock sensors post shift too. Have you tried running the same tune with say a higher concentration of E85 or 100% MS109 race gas to discount octane issues.

Post up your datalogs.
    Don't have my logs as we speak. Will post later anyway as of now i'm running unflashed till april before it warms up a bit. Will contact you when I will get my logs back or do new logs about it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge

Post up your datalogs.
    Actually these three logs are run with about 20% E85 so we can rule out detonation due to low octane? The third log was a 3-4 shift and a timing drop to negative 21.38 deg. Neither timing correction columns have this listed mostly just negative 3 deg across cyl 1 and 5.

As high IAT would cause drops and not be reflective in the timing correction columns, and since the IAT is not suspect, what would cause such a dramatic drop?

Logs have been sent to Cobb and I they say they are working on a fix (i think since August of last year>?) I think i can put together about 100 logs that look like this of my own.

@JStang , your E85 log you had posted has a similar drop post shift, correct? Didnít you recently get protuned?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    How much to raise values in load to limit torque table?

I have the exact same problem on my stock hardware / stage 1 Cobb / MT tranny 2009 335i. Here is my post on it: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...-base-Attached

Any recommendations on exactly how much raise the values in the load to limit torque table? Would it be unsafe to just raise the limits a ridiculous amount in all the cells? Or does this limit table / nanny help protect the engine in some ways that are good? Am I safer to only raise it at the load / rpm intersections where I get timing drops and just to slowly raise the values to see if the drops disappear?
    2009 335i AT xdrive E90 Sedan
    7601494 Trans Flash
    MHD Custom Tune
    FBO + Rb Inlets

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12