Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

1 M Coupe Track Video

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

definitely an n54, i know that cabin engine noise with my eyes closed Click here to enlarge nice find, looks like fun. i wonder if these cars can be tuned for more power than the 'replaced' n54. or did bmw just up the boost a bit on this model and the 'is'.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    definitely an n54, i know that cabin engine noise with my eyes closed Click here to enlarge nice find, looks like fun. i wonder if these cars can be tuned for more power than the 'replaced' n54. or did bmw just up the boost a bit on this model and the 'is'.
    I really don't think you could pick between an N54 and N55 audibly from a video Click here to enlarge

Your question is a good one. If it is just the same $#@! with more boost, BMW has completed the sell out and diluting of M process.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've been away playing soldier for the Army with no connection to the outside world. What happens while I'm gone? The 1M Coupe is announced to be officially released. So I'm sorry to say, I will not be doing much to my car right now while I wait for the official engine announcement. If it has the N54 I will be trading my car for it. If not, I may get back to work on my 1!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by randomquickness Click here to enlarge
    I've been away playing soldier for the Army with no connection to the outside world. What happens while I'm gone? The 1M Coupe is announced to be officially released. So I'm sorry to say, I will not be doing much to my car right now while I wait for the official engine announcement. If it has the N54 I will be trading my car for it. If not, I may get back to work on my 1!
    You went and played Army instead of staying here and posting? I am disappointed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by randomquickness Click here to enlarge
    why change? just for the fresh, no-mile engine? dont you have an n54? or is it for the suspension changes bmw must have done, the wheels of course and the other cosmetics? you could save money by buying aftermarket suspension parts for your 1 if it doesnt already have some. by trading you may be paying a lot, the new 1M is definitely going to have a premium no?
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage