Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    What do you mean correct files? SPdaten V48.1 is where you find the data
    Do you know what am I supposed to do with the CFGDAT folder in NCSexpert?

Here is what I have done so far:

If I delete all of the files in CFGDAT folder, then transfer your files across we get a German language. If we continue, then we only get a single chassis option which is E89, however we can't go any further because the message comes up with "Chassis is faulty".

If we keep original files in the CFDAT folder, then we overwrite them (adding to the other files) we get the English language. Then we only get a single chassis option which is E89, however we can't go any further because the message comes up with "Chassis is faulty".

Then we tried loading the older Coapi.ini file (4kb), we are able to go through all of the steps. It picks up my VIN number, then we are given options for chassis. We select E89, everything goes through as normal. The NETTODAT file opens and displays the number from one of the posts above, I'm 99% sure it is B 00300000,0003,00,00,00. What is meant to be displayed here? Then it says Coding Ended almost immediately. Coding appears to be done. Restart car and paddles still do not work.

So my question is what files are we meant to have in the CFGDAT folder? Which Coapi.ini file are we supposed to use?

Thanks in advance.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I'm getting the following error on NCSExpert, right after selecting CAS on step 6 (car is 335i Manf. Date 01/09 using the one-stop-electronics cable):

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Googled it to:

Following feature is in
    Vehicle contract invalid: # 0908

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry for the multiple post, can't edit.

Doing some more reading could also say:

Vehicle Order Invalid/Void: 0908

Looking at the VO list S908A says: Dummy-SALAPA, so I would say it has nothing to do with the VO Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Slowb00st Click here to enlarge
    Sorry for the multiple post, can't edit.

Doing some more reading could also say:

Vehicle Order Invalid/Void: 0908

Looking at the VO list S908A says: Dummy-SALAPA, so I would say it has nothing to do with the VO Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
    Trying to understand...Are you done with flash and now trying to get paddles working with NCSexpert?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes trying to get the paddles to work after the flash.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Are you absolutely sure you programmed the right VIN# into the TCU?
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Flashed without the UIF checked so didn't have to enter VIN. The VIN displayed on NCSExpert is the correct one, it was the only thing deleted from the picture above.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes trying to get the paddles to work after the flash.
    If that's the case you didn't configure the NCSexpert correctly or the Ediabas folder with the spdaten 48.1. Go back and redoe that part.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BMW86 Click here to enlarge
    Do you know what am I supposed to do with the CFGDAT folder in NCSexpert?

Here is what I have done so far:

If I delete all of the files in CFGDAT folder, then transfer your files across we get a German language. If we continue, then we only get a single chassis option which is E89, however we can't go any further because the message comes up with "Chassis is faulty".

If we keep original files in the CFDAT folder, then we overwrite them (adding to the other files) we get the English language. Then we only get a single chassis option which is E89, however we can't go any further because the message comes up with "Chassis is faulty".

Then we tried loading the older Coapi.ini file (4kb), we are able to go through all of the steps. It picks up my VIN number, then we are given options for chassis. We select E89, everything goes through as normal. The NETTODAT file opens and displays the number from one of the posts above, I'm 99% sure it is B 00300000,0003,00,00,00. What is meant to be displayed here? Then it says Coding Ended almost immediately. Coding appears to be done. Restart car and paddles still do not work.

So my question is what files are we meant to have in the CFGDAT folder? Which Coapi.ini file are we supposed to use?

Thanks in advance.
    Btw, have already done the flash. Trying to get the paddles to work now. Still no luck yet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If that's the case you didn't configure the NCSexpert correctly or the Ediabas folder with the spdaten 48.1. Go back and redoe that part.
    Got a different version of NCSexpert this time its in english. Made sure to do the spdaten 48.1 again. Well everything goes as planned but no paddles.

jumping a few steps to step 8, when I do the f4 select EGS > Ok then F4 (now it says read ecu if I remember correctly) again so it shows the nettodat file (closed it) then f3 see it change to coding ended. And nothing, did it more than once even locked the car for a few minutes to see if it just needed a reboot.

here is the nettodat:
    Click here to enlarge

so basically the same problem BMW86 is having a the end.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Are you guys using the Expertmode?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yes, you can see in the title of my first pic. I'm wondering if BMW86 also flashed without the UIF checked.....?

If you still have it written somewhere could you pm me the old way to do it?
    Last edited by Slowb00st; 03-24-2013 at 10:32 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Got a different version of NCSexpert this time its in english. Made sure to do the spdaten 48.1 again. Well everything goes as planned but no paddles.

jumping a few steps to step 8, when I do the f4 select EGS > Ok then F4 (now it says read ecu if I remember correctly) again so it shows the nettodat file (closed it) then f3 see it change to coding ended. And nothing, did it more than once even locked the car for a few minutes to see if it just needed a reboot.

here is the nettodat:
    Click here to enlarge

so basically the same problem BMW86 is having a the end.
    Also having the exact same issue. Anyone find a fix for this?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Seems like we're all having the exact same issue.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well long story short... If you have a similar problem to mine:

DO NOT try the old procedure were you swapped wert_00 around. You will get a ugly Gear Icon on the dash. (In my case on a multi-level parking that would be impossible to tow out) and you wont be able to get out of P.

ALWAYS, ALWAYS use INPA to get the list of stock ZB numbers (like 7615835 for the Alpina flash, but specific to your car) BEFORE doing ANYTHING!!!! (I'm lucky I had gotten some print-screens as I was testing INPA)

If you get the Gear Icon don't try to start the fix by flashing Alpina again it WON'T work you have to flash your stock software again, using stock ZB(As in GKE215 then look for stock ZB not Alpina then proceed as normal).

On 09+ flashing back to stock won't give you the paddle function back(You maybe need to perform paddle fix, but then again that is what started this story).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am going to say this again. Whether you do the old way or the new procedure to get paddles working, if you have the correct files setup for NCSexpert and Ediabas it will work. Both of you guys have one or possibly both of them setup wrong. There is nothing wrong with the instructions. I as well as many have fixed their paddles without incident
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am going to say this again. Whether you do the old way or the new procedure to get paddles working, if you have the correct files setup for NCSexpert and Ediabas it will work. Both of you guys have one or possibly both of them setup wrong. There is nothing wrong with the instructions. I as well as many have fixed their paddles without incident

I'm not saying your instructions are wrong, you have been very helpful and did a great job! Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Just warning people that if they have the same problem as me that there is something wrong and not to do the same mistakes I did. There is too much misinformation on how to setup and install this tools and even some with damage/missing files.

BTW the only thing I would add to them is to backup or note the stock ZB just in case, most people will just want to get in the car and do the flash to test it out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm not saying your instructions are wrong, you have been very helpful and did a great job! Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Just warning people that if they have the same problem as me that there is something wrong and not to do the same mistakes I did. There is too much misinformation on how to setup and install this tools and even some with damage/missing files.

BTW the only thing I would add to them is to backup or note the stock ZB just in case, most people will just want to get in the car and do the flash to test it out.
    Yeah good idea, I will change it for sure.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Could you write instructions on this forum of DIY your setup files from SPDATEN E89 to NSCEXPERT and EDIABAS so that people know that its wright something to go buy Cn555ic. Would be much appreciated.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chappy Click here to enlarge
    Could you write instructions on this forum of DIY your setup files from SPDATEN E89 to NSCEXPERT and EDIABAS so that people know that its wright something to go buy Cn555ic. Would be much appreciated.
    Poor guy getting tons of work after all he has already done...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Boostholic - Hey - do you know who in Dallas can flash my car? Saw a post that you mentioned you do. Would love the help. Thx. (New member so can't PM)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brentis Click here to enlarge
    Boostholic - Hey - do you know who in Dallas can flash my car? Saw a post that you mentioned you do. Would love the help. Thx. (New member so can't PM)
    You can pm now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

+1 would really appreciate this

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    JFC, some people would starve to death in a supermarket.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast