Close

Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1328
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AltecBX Click here to enlarge
    When driving in Sport mode it shifts from S5 to S6 when you drive above 74 mph. It also stays above S6 until it gets below 72 mph.
    I did several test tonight on this. I have a video below on one of the runs
    (I kept RPM under 3k and TPS under 50%)
    Confirmed this just now. Not sure why it was not going into S6 before for my car but it works exactly as you describe now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    So for the n55 tach drop troubleshooting: Tried flashing the Kombi module (no change), coding the kombi module back to default (no change), updating WinkFP + Reimporting the datens and re-flashed (no change), defaulted EGS module and Kombi module again (no change).

Drive: No tach drop
    Drive + Paddles (temporary manual): no tach drop
    Sport: No tach drop
    Sport + Paddles: TACH DROP
    Manual: TACH DROP
    Manual + Paddles TACH DROP

Attached is a picture of my UIF and modules. Anyone see anything strange? @Terry@BMS - can you grab this same information from the n55 you flashed so I can line stuff up?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by torqdout Click here to enlarge
    So for the n55 tach drop troubleshooting: Tried flashing the Kombi module (no change), coding the kombi module back to default (no change), updating WinkFP + Reimporting the datens and re-flashed (no change), defaulted EGS module and Kombi module again (no change).

Drive: No tach drop
    Drive + Paddles (temporary manual): no tach drop
    Sport: No tach drop
    Sport + Paddles: TACH DROP
    Manual: TACH DROP
    Manual + Paddles TACH DROP

Attached is a picture of my UIF and modules. Anyone see anything strange? @Terry@BMS - can you grab this same information from the n55 you flashed so I can line stuff up?

Click here to enlarge
    I am going to get the a couple more screenshots of N55 that worked...Hopefully we can get this working for you...Big props to you for trying almost everything that I suggested...Your a trooper..
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajsalida Click here to enlarge
    Confirmed this just now. Not sure why it was not going into S6 before for my car but it works exactly as you describe now.
    Yep. Just make sure you keep your RPM low <3k by staying under 50% on your TPS. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Did it clunk D2-D1 before the 700 miles?
    It did not clunk D2-D1 before the 700 miles.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jyeah Click here to enlarge
    It did not clunk D2-D1 before the 700 miles.
    Just go back to flasher and ask them to flash you back to Oem zb number and take it from there. There is some other issue with your car as you are the only one experiencing this. That would be my next step.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

... cant wait for my damn cable... why does it come from Hong Kong lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tried this an hour ago with no luck.

INPA is working so no drama there. I've followed the steps and I am stuck after "Programming" stage.

Attached the error code that I get from Winkfp.

I've tried to find similar error so I can at least understand why it is not able to read the ecu.

Little help?

If I can't do it, Wedge will be my saviour but I still think there is something wrong with my laptop configuration although I can code my car fine with this configuration.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Your cable is not configured correctly or you didnt copy and paste the files from Gdaten from the spdaten e89/data/gdaten files over to NFS/data/gdaten files..Go back to Winkfp importing PDF and read the instructions carefully.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    Your cable is not configured correctly or you didnt copy and paste the files from Gdaten from the spdaten e89/data/gdaten files over to NFS/data/gdaten files..Go back to Winkfp importing PDF and read the instructions carefully.
    I used BMW Coding Tools to update Daten File to 48.1 and it was updated successfully but with your advice I will redo it again now.

Thanks.. I hope it will work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by eriktufa Click here to enlarge
    I used BMW Coding Tools to update Daten File to 48.1 and it was updated successfully but with your advice I will redo it again now.

Thanks.. I hope it will work.
    Thats the issue. I tried BMW tool and its not the best way to do it. Although others will beg to differ. Do it the conventional way and you will have no issues.
    If you take advice from people make sure they understand coding and not find the easiest solution as its not always the best way. Get back to me on how it goes. If I thought BMW tool was the way to go in terms of importing, I would have posted it on my DIY guide on first post. I have used BMW tool for awhile now and I know its faults. It may work for some but no all. The other way of importing works for ALL.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok i did the conventional way and still gives me the same error except the last line.

Installed everything fresh as well.. I dont understand tbh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Did you set the comport settings advanced settings for latency to 1 instead of default of 16. Also did you make sure C:Ediabas/bin/obd.ini is set to correct comport your using And if so did you also copy and past this obd.ini to C:windows. It needs to be in both locations. If not do those items I mentioned
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    Did you set the comport settings advanced settings for latency to 1 instead of default of 16. Also did you make sure C:Ediabas/bin/obd.ini is set to correct comport your using And if so did you also copy and past this obd.ini to C:windows. If not do those items I mentioned
    If you are talking about latency timer the port setting in "system" then yes, I have changed it from 16msec to 1msec.

My edibas obd.ini setting as per below

[OBD]
    Port=Com1
    Hardware=USB
    RETRY=ON

etc etc

but I missed copying obd.ini to windows.

other tips?

I'll try again now after copying obd.ini

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by eriktufa Click here to enlarge
    If you are talking about latency timer the port setting in "system" then yes, I have changed it from 16msec to 1msec.

My edibas obd.ini setting as per below

[OBD]
    Port=Com1
    Hardware=USB
    RETRY=ON

etc etc

but I missed copying obd.ini to windows.

other tips?

I'll try again now after copying obd.ini
    Try that first copying to windows first
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by paradoxical3 Click here to enlarge
    Real oem claims I have a MEDV1726 ECU. There is virtually nothing online about it, I've been searching forever.
    Out of curiosity, and certainly a little off topic, but have you grabbed the ROM from your X1 yet.....and what's the build date?
    I'm talking with Cobb regarding AP support for the X1 (and the wife's 335 which also runs the MEVD1726 ECU) but I haven't had a chance to have anyone pull the ROM for me yet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    LOL just got the car back and runs great . tried to flash the trans but after going 100% and asking again to flash i go data trasmission error. Checked the USB settings and they were wrong. Being latency 16 (which should be 1) and rate .
    i have changed it now so tomorrow will retest. AT is dead now LOL .
    I also had problems with inpa so i guess the issue with data transmission is due to the wrong USB settings.
    Fixed and its soooooooooo goooooood
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Finally!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Hooray!!! Glad u got it working man!!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Hope this doesn't jinx me...but just got a call from my SA (my car is in for them to solve a stalling issue) and he specifically said in the message that there are no faults coming up in the ECU, so they want to keep the car over the weekend to try to reproduce the stalling issue.

So while I'm annoyed I won't have my baby back this weekend, on the other hand so far so good on the dealer not seeing the codes even after scanning.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Haha, it's about time! Congrats...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Hope this doesn't jinx me...but just got a call from my SA (my car is in for them to solve a stalling issue) and he specifically said in the message that there are no faults coming up in the ECU, so they want to keep the car over the weekend to try to reproduce the stalling issue.

So while I'm annoyed I won't have my baby back this weekend, on the other hand so far so good on the dealer not seeing the codes even after scanning.
    You should code the loaner for the heck of it.. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AltecBX Click here to enlarge
    You should code the loaner for the heck of it.. Click here to enlarge
    LOL honestly I wouldn't put it past me.

You know, I think I have a sickness. I know I shouldn't $#@! with my car any more than I already have, but every time I just can't help myself. Before I did the flash, this is what was going through my mind:

Pros of the flash: Better transmission performance, being the first X1 in the world to do it

Cons of the flash : Voiding warranty, potentially bricking transmission and getting it stuck in a garage where towing would be nearly impossible, potentially not being able to revert to stock, BMW forcing me to buyout my lease early (maybe?), girlfriend getting extremely pissed at me (you modded you car AGAIN?), not having transportation if BMW refused a loaner car because it was my fault, etc, etc, etc. I even knew I was taking it to the dealer the day after and that they would be scanning the ECU!

Of course, I hit "program" anyway. Can't help it, it's just who I am. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

LMAO
    Hey at least you if you do, you'll have smooth shifting for the weekend. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

LOL honestly I wouldn't put it past me.

You know, I think I have a sickness. I know I shouldn't $#@! with my car any more than I already have, but every time I just can't help myself. Before I did the flash, this is what was going through my mind:

Pros of the flash: Better transmission performance, being the first X1 in the world to do it

Cons of the flash : Voiding warranty, potentially bricking transmission and getting it stuck in a garage where towing would be nearly impossible, potentially not being able to revert to stock, BMW forcing me to buyout my lease early (maybe?), girlfriend getting extremely pissed at me (you modded you car AGAIN?), not having transportation if BMW refused a loaner car because it was my fault, etc, etc, etc. I even knew I was taking it to the dealer the day after and that they would be scanning the ECU!

Of course, I hit "program" anyway. Can't help it, it's just who I am. Click here to enlarge
    LOL who cares ? nothing in my car is OEM , i have the perfect BMW that never came out the OEM line.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast