Close

Page 41 of 54 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1328
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    So I do have that 511b code persisting after flashing back to stock (have a dealer visit coming up soon). I knew that going in so no big surprise. Only thing that sucks is that in INPA when you do a UIF read it clearly shows the date of the flash, which makes it pretty obvious that someone flashed it on their own outside of a dealer visit. As I said though, I knew this beforehand so was prepared for it. Seems so strange that it persists even after going back to stock...I'm betting we will figure out how to fix it in a couple weeks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    So just a quick update after 700 miles. I still get the clunking noise and torque converter lock up feeling when coming to a stop in S mode. From S2->S1, namely, but it doesn't have this problem from D2->D1.

If it was an adaptation issue as mentioned by themyst earlier, it should have been corrected by now I would hope.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by paradoxical3 Click here to enlarge
    So I do have that 511b code persisting after flashing back to stock (have a dealer visit coming up soon). I knew that going in so no big surprise. Only thing that sucks is that in INPA when you do a UIF read it clearly shows the date of the flash, which makes it pretty obvious that someone flashed it on their own outside of a dealer visit. As I said though, I knew this beforehand so was prepared for it. Seems so strange that it persists even after going back to stock...I'm betting we will figure out how to fix it in a couple weeks.

NO fix...There is a SIB that Wedge posted about this and dealer is well aware of it..
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@Cn555ic I just wanted to say thank you for your help and for finding this flash. My wife always says just leave the car alone and enjoy it. Well I couldn't help it, the reviews got to me. Then I thought I bricked my trans and I had to tell her. Ouch! Steven was able to get everything straightened out and it runs clean. I can't believe how great it feels. This confirms that if you don't know what you are doing, leave it to the pros. I can't wait to give it an even longer drive tomorrow. I have sent a little gift ;-) Thanks again!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    NO fix...There is a SIB that Wedge posted about this and dealer is well aware of it..
    I thought that was an msd80 issue and he should be msd81 right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    I thought that was an msd80 issue and he should be msd81 right?

At this point I dont know about the X1 as you are probably the first one in the world with this! lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jyeah Click here to enlarge
    So just a quick update after 700 miles. I still get the clunking noise and torque converter lock up feeling when coming to a stop in S mode. From S2->S1, namely, but it doesn't have this problem from D2->D1.

If it was an adaptation issue as mentioned by themyst earlier, it should have been corrected by now I would hope.
    Did it clunk D2-D1 before the 700 miles?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

At this point I dont know about the X1 as you are probably the first one in the world with this! lol
    Real oem claims I have a MEDV1726 ECU. There is virtually nothing online about it, I've been searching forever.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Real oem claims I have a MEDV1726 ECU. There is virtually nothing online about it, I've been searching forever.
    The X1 and X3 are very strange because I code with NCSexpert and on the X3 many modules used are also found on the E46 platform...I have no clue why BMW did this but its true...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

I honestly think you should flash it back to stock and take it from there and see if this problem still exists. I dont think that kick should be present at all, but after 700 miles and its still doing this then there is an issue..
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

I honestly think you should flash it back to stock and take it from there and see if this problem still exists. I dont think that kick should be present at all, but after 700 miles and its still doing this then there is an issue..
    Could it be mechanically related?? I'm assuming that the Alpina TCM requires a higher than OEM-programming Valvebody pressure to enact the significantly quicker shifts. Following this line of thinking, jyeah's VB might not be able to meet the requested pressure values (triggering the clunking/rough shifts). Another possible problem might be damaged 1st & 2nd gears in the AT from aggressive driving on the OEM software.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Could it be mechanically related?? I'm assuming that the Alpina TCM requires a higher than OEM-programming Valvebody pressure to enact the significantly quicker shifts. Following this line of thinking, jyeah's VB might not be able to meet the requested pressure values (triggering the clunking/rough shifts). Another possible problem might be damaged 1st & 2nd gears in the AT from aggressive driving on the OEM software.
    there are many factors thats why I am saying to flash back to OEM and see if problem persists..At this point anything is possible.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajsalida Click here to enlarge
    Good to know. I haven't been able to get it to do that yet, how fast were you going?
    When driving in Sport mode it shifts from S5 to S6 when you drive above 74 mph. It also stays above S6 until it gets below 72 mph.
    I did several test tonight on this. I have a video below on one of the runs
    (I kept RPM under 3k and TPS under 50%)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

The X1 and X3 are very strange because I code with NCSexpert and on the X3 many modules used are also found on the E46 platform...I have no clue why BMW did this but its true...
    The X1 is strange....but it's also pretty different than the X3. For example a while back when I first got the car before I knew anything about INPA and NCSEXPERT I had someone who owned a X3 try to code some basic stuff like folding mirrors with keyfob on my X1. He couldn't code most of it and said it was different than his X3.

So for this 511b error code, if the dealer reads codes from the ECU will they see it? They will be investigating a rough idle and stalling issue so they will probably scan the ecu for codes. I saw someone saying they would only see it if they specifically checked the TCU for errors, but in INPA it showed up when I read DME error history.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Clunking noise also happens on many N52 cars. It's been a natural problem. No one has ever come up with a fix yet that I know of. Just try to not engage first gear roughly as like you said it feels like a "locking up/jump" feeling.

I have been trying to solve this problem for quite many years, endless software updates and the problem still seems to appear.
    ? - BONE STOCK.

N5B25 - BILSTEIN PPS9 . BMS PBX . STAGE III MANIFOLD . EUROPEAN FLASH . BMW PERFORMANCE STRUT BRACE . K&N DROP-IN + SCOOPS .

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

The X1 is strange....but it's also pretty different than the X3. For example a while back when I first got the car before I knew anything about INPA and NCSEXPERT I had someone who owned a X3 try to code some basic stuff like folding mirrors with keyfob on my X1. He couldn't code most of it and said it was different than his X3.

So for this 511b error code, if the dealer reads codes from the ECU will they see it? They will be investigating a rough idle and stalling issue so they will probably scan the ecu for codes. I saw someone saying they would only see it if they specifically checked the TCU for errors, but in INPA it showed up when I read DME error history.
    You have clear out the error history from both locations the current and history...Once you clear it out the only place this code appears is in the transmission module..
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

When importing and getting the errors, they usually tell you which lines needs to be edit with the ; Your issue is something else..
    I understand and i did comment them out, but my question was more if the errors should be fixed by making the rows the same length instead of commenting them out. The reason why they are errors, are because they are too long and it just looks to me that the line got concatenated together instead of putting it on the next row.

I did get it to work, but i think i'm going back and not commenting it out like i said before and see if that will work. Maybe that is related to the paddles or something else not working?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I actually have had the same kind of issue with my stock car. I have a N55 sept 2010 build and i thought it was just the new car but it never went away. I had the procede in for a long time and it was just so much more pronounced that i couldn't keep it in anymore. Then the Cobb flash helped it a bit but not entirely, so finally got my ECU updated at the dealer and it took care of this issue entirely... There was a SIB out for this issue and now its smooth as butter. Now the next thing is to get this flash done hoping it wont come back.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sloppy Click here to enlarge
    I understand and i did comment them out, but my question was more if the errors should be fixed by making the rows the same length instead of commenting them out. The reason why they are errors, are because they are too long and it just looks to me that the line got concatenated together instead of putting it on the next row.

I did get it to work, but i think i'm going back and not commenting it out like i said before and see if that will work. Maybe that is related to the paddles or something else not working?
    I have configured many laptops so far and I have not come across that error or the need to edit anything at the end of the importing the spdaten E89...Thats strange that you had to make changes...I am using Winkfp 5.3.1 if that makes a difference..
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

ahhh maybe it does... i'm using 5.1.6

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

You would think so.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You would think so.

Is anyone else having this problem?
    Not on mine. Also not getting clunk after changing Cobb maps as someone else was having. 09 Xi, 34k miles.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

LOL just got the car back and runs great . tried to flash the trans but after going 100% and asking again to flash i go data trasmission error. Checked the USB settings and they were wrong. Being latency 16 (which should be 1) and rate .
    i have changed it now so tomorrow will retest. AT is dead now LOL .
    I also had problems with inpa so i guess the issue with data transmission is due to the wrong USB settings.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Why do u need to do it tomorrow. Try again bro.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Why do u need to do it tomorrow. Try again bro.
    i had very low battery on the laptop and its party time now LOL
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Page 41 of 54 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast