Close

Page 31 of 54 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    Always a another Turkeybaster around the corner
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Lol I don't see how this is bs when there are plenty of guys with this flash out there, easily verified by anyone. If you read my previous post, you'd see that I narrowed down the two different kinds of flatline, the 5th gear issue which is unique to Cobb and the 3-4 shift which affects both jb4, jb4/cobb and Cobb only to varying extents.
    Show me vbox times or it didn't happen

Come on guys just kidding Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Launches can lower traps if you have to let off the throttle. They can boost traps if you spin up in to the higher HP parts of the power band sooner. Should not be a big effect either way, no more than say +-2-3mph, unless the run is aborted, etc, but some variance is normal based on traction.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 03-03-2013 at 12:46 PM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

OK guys, I finally got the update installed!

The solution: Disabling "Fast Baudrate"

I hope this could be helpful for other people with problems! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    Cant someone install virtualbox or vmware and create a simple clean win installation (7 or XP) with everything setup? One could then export the image and share it!

If one doesnt activate the win installation it should even be legalish Click here to enlarge
    ^This.
    I personally will give +100 rep to the person who makes this available.
    And I guess I won't be the only one giving rep for this.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    ^This.
    that's an even better suggestion than what i had earlier regarding making a compact, portable setup that can just be extracted

but still leaves 2 problems

1) who wants to trust this guy's config?
    2) who wants to be responsible for distributing the software illegally? using it is one thing, but distributing is another.

simplifying it to this extent would certainly make hundreds of other people "on the fence" about trying this actually take the plunge.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

There was a reason why I dont post links to software or spdatens. Be careful
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    ^This.
    lol...I posted this DIY and only got 6 reps! What makes you think making a Vm machine would get 100 reps! LMAO
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

lol...I posted this DIY and only got 6 reps! What makes you think making a Vm machine would get 100 reps! LMAO
    Because 'll give them myself.

Here, +10. Strange nobody repped you yet...
    I was going to rep you when I flashed, combined with Paypal, but here's a downpayment on rep Click here to enlarge
    Cable is on it's way from Hong Kong. Problem for me is my old XP laptop Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I was going to rep you when I flashed, combined with Paypal, but here's a downpayment on rep Click here to enlarge
    Cable is on it's way from Hong Kong. Problem for me is my old XP laptop Click here to enlarge
    "old xp" is the perfect OS to be doing this on
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

your old laptop should be fine...Check your pm box
    Last edited by Cn555ic; 03-03-2013 at 02:50 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tofu Click here to enlarge
    that's an even better suggestion than what i had earlier regarding making a compact, portable setup that can just be extracted

but still leaves 2 problems

1) who wants to trust this guy's config?
    2) who wants to be responsible for distributing the software illegally? using it is one thing, but distributing is another.

simplifying it to this extent would certainly make hundreds of other people "on the fence" about trying this actually take the plunge.
    well distributing any kind of digital info is a solved problem, whom ever does this just creates a torrent and use thepiratebay.se they are hosted by several political parties and thus protected from evil US corporate forces Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    well distributing any kind of digital info is a solved problem, whom ever does this just creates a torrent and use thepiratebay.se they are hosted by several political parties and thus protected from evil US corporate forces Click here to enlarge
    sorry, can't focus on your post. all i see is the 997tt you own in your signature
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

sorry, can't focus on your post. all i see is the 997tt you own in your signature
    lol! I can't focus with your drawing of the car that looks to be done by a 2 year old on your sig! LMAO Whats up with that sig??
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

lol! I can't focus with your drawing of the car that looks to be done by a 2 year old on your sig! LMAO Whats up with that sig??
    it is a rendition of my e92 in the form of impressionism art! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Problem is "you must spread reputation before you rate this user again".

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Found a little side benefit to the Alpina flash, it appears that DS mode will now shift into 6th gear. The more I drive in D, the more it feels like a CVT transmission.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

For those interested the trans flash worked great on the runway. No 4-5 shifting issues. Hope the trend continues @ ShiftSector. Some good vids posted on n54tech.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Found a little side benefit to the Alpina flash, it appears that DS mode will now shift into 6th gear. The more I drive in D, the more it feels like a CVT transmission.
    It was a bit annoying going up the grade yesterday. But DS is more usable now. No biggie. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Sorry I'll take a pic of my Hyundai Santa Fe for you and update the sig Click here to enlarge (one need a family car and one daddy car)
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    It was a bit annoying going up the grade yesterday. But DS is more usable now. No biggie. Click here to enlarge
    Gotta stab the throttle from a dead stop, so if u stab light, it will shift low and hold that RPM, if you stab hard it will shift at 3k rpm and hold but you'll never feel it. Not really bad per se, just different.

But yeah, DS mode is great now! Shoulda came that way from the factory.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Actually thats precisely what I am saying. You will trap lower with more traction but post better ETs

91 mph in the front half sounds about right for a stock turbo full weight car actually.
    Well, I'll see how things progress as the track gets better. Was running 119's last year with less whp, so hopefully as the track gets better my traps will get better also. Just a $#@!ty night all around and everyone was complaining about how slick the track was. Actually 91 is off the pace for me as well. End of last year I was hitting 94 to 96 on average.... Anyway, as the weather changes I'll head back out. Maybe run down to Woodburn. NHRA track and it's always in top condition.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Thank you @Cn555ic for setting up my old crappy laptop.
    It just hung in there by it's nails, but you got it done Click here to enlarge
    I just need the package from Hong Kong and I'll be Alpina'ing along Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Just a reminder to everyone, I'm also available to help out with flashing. I'm on Pacific time so can help those in other time zones like Australia and Eastern Asia.

PS ~ I'll also be in the Bay Area just before Shift Sector if anyone want's a flash prior to the event.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    Well, I'll see how things progress as the track gets better. Was running 119's last year with less whp, so hopefully as the track gets better my traps will get better also. Just a $#@!ty night all around and everyone was complaining about how slick the track was. Actually 91 is off the pace for me as well. End of last year I was hitting 94 to 96 on average.... Anyway, as the weather changes I'll head back out. Maybe run down to Woodburn. NHRA track and it's always in top condition.
    With your boost & timing you should be making 440rw+ on a dynojet, and @ 3550# factory race weight (+250? for driver), you should be able to run 120-121mph. Bad traction will kill you and bad air doesn't help. Definitely upgrade the tires. Consider going lighter rims all around with non-runflat tires. They will make a big difference during the rolling runs too. A good set of tires/rims could be worth a car or two @ 150mph. If I recall correctly you are a bit ghetto fabulous as I am. K1s all around are inexpensive, light, and IMHO look good enough. Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 03-03-2013 at 06:25 PM.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I had a nice drive today and finally got enough seat time to feel this flash! Yeah D needs to be tweaked for sure and it would be perfect, but what I find myself using is more DS now! lol Its insane and so refined
    Click here to enlarge

Page 31 of 54 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast