Close

Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    look in data and it should be within that..
    just looked and i am missing that file as well on SPdaten
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    look in data and it should be within that..
    SP-daten-E89\data\ just has folders in it
    SP-daten-E89\data\GKE215 has .0da, .ats, .dat, .his, .hwh files.

SP-daten-E89\sgdat has alot of .IPO files in it, including 11GKE215.ipo, 03GKE195.IPO, 03GKE211.IPO, but no magical 03GKE215.IPO.
    -'09 135i MT - Custom 6466 ST - 680whp Click here to enlarge
    -'08 135i AT - 6466 ST - dead
    -'97 318is - Daily
    -'82 320i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Xearom3 Click here to enlarge
    SP-daten-E89\data\ just has folders in it
    SP-daten-E89\data\GKE215 has .0da, .ats, .dat, .his, .hwh files.

SP-daten-E89\sgdat has alot of .IPO files in it, including 11GKE215.ipo, 03GKE195.IPO, 03GKE211.IPO, but no magical 03GKE215.IPO.
    yep just double checked my v48.1 archive. acquired it from the torrent listed earlier in this thread

no 03gke215.ipo

there is, however the 11gke215.ipo as you stated
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    my winkfp selects the 11GKE215.ipo , not the 03 one the 03 one must be wrong.
    Click here to enlarge
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here is some data pulled with a BT after a 4 min flash. Probably safe to say it didn't work, yeah?

Hardware Number 7591971
    Hardware Vesion Number 15
    Coding Index 05
    DiagnosticIndex 0204
    VariantIndex 534D
    Date of ECU Manufacturing 20070509
    System Supplier Bosch
    Message Catalog Version 0.29.69
    Software Version 215.64.1
    OS Version 2.3.10
    ModuleID GS19D

VIN *******
    Assembly # 07576506
    Calibration data set 07576507
    Program referance 0479SA0T360Z

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Correct we use the 11gke215.ipo
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by stangorang Click here to enlarge
    Here is some data pulled with a BT after a 4 min flash. Probably safe to say it didn't work, yeah?

Hardware Number 7591971
    Hardware Vesion Number 15
    Coding Index 05
    DiagnosticIndex 0204
    VariantIndex 534D
    Date of ECU Manufacturing 20070509
    System Supplier Bosch
    Message Catalog Version 0.29.69
    Software Version 215.64.1
    OS Version 2.3.10
    ModuleID GS19D

VIN *******
    Assembly # 07576506
    Calibration data set 07576507
    Program referance 0479SA0T360Z
    yeah seems so, check my print, its not the same assembly
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Ok, this is at least progress. I'm using the same Daten as tofu, and the same version of winKFP as you (5.1.6). I just need to figure out why mine is looking for 03 and yours 11.

I wonder if I could just re-name the file? Probably not that easy.
    -'97 318is - Daily
    -'82 320i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For those who got the quick flash, you need to go to configuration in Winkfp and select force program programming in comfort mode. I did that and it all was good.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by quing Click here to enlarge
    For those who got the quick flash, you need to go to configuration in Winkfp and select force program programming in comfort mode. I did that and it all was good.
    That means WinKFP determined that the program didn't need to be updated the first time - you were already running the same program version, it just needed to update the data. Comfort mode by default doesn't update the program if the version on the car matches the version configured for the assembly number.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge
    Imported the files from my old INPA to the new fresh install and got it working, then re-imported just the GKE215 assembly data, then copied /gdaten/ from the DATEN v48 to gdaten for winkpf. Had to remove lines 195 and 208.

I swear I've done this all before, but sure enough, my screen mimics yours now!

Question, under Integration position when selecting GKE215 says Unverbaut, is this what you guys are seeing?
    -'97 318is - Daily
    -'82 320i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Imported the files from my old INPA to the new fresh install and got it working, then re-imported just the GKE215 assembly data, then copied /gdaten/ from the DATEN v48 to gdaten for winkpf. Had to remove lines 195 and 208.

I swear I've done this all before, but sure enough, my screen mimics yours now!

Question, under Integration position when selecting GKE215 says Unverbaut, is this what you guys are seeing?
    yep unverbaut. my screen looks like that because no cable is connected . i have not flashed my car yet so dont know if all is good.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok, this is at least progress. I'm using the same Daten as tofu, and the same version of winKFP as you (5.1.6). I just need to figure out why mine is looking for 03 and yours 11.

I wonder if I could just re-name the file? Probably not that easy.
    renaming file is probably NOT a good idea...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Enrita when you getting your car back?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Enrita when you getting your car back?
    hopefully friday....
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    hopefully friday....
    Thats what I heard too from the body shop lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pits200 Click here to enlarge
    Fantastic, now that the first process is here how to update the flash, can we get something more comprehensive from someone who has time. I found this file how to update WinKFP, it worked perfectly.

1.) To Update ZB files in WINKFP-
    Here's sort of a guide for setting up WinKFP. I've based it on the E60 daten from ISTA/P 2.39. This
    assumes you have installed INPA/Ediabas and WinKFP and they are running correctly. This was
    done on a WinXP 32 bit system.
    1. Unpack the V2.39 ISTA daten folders for SP-daten-E60 somewhere on your harddrive.
    2. Open WinKFP, then choose "Import/Export" in the main menu, and pick "Import" then "PABD"
    3. Browse to your unpacked daten folder and drill down to "sgdat". [base]\SP-daten-E60\sgdat\. Hit
    CTRL-A to select all files, then click "Import"
    4. Now select again "Import/Export" in the main menu, and pick "Import" then "P-SGBD" and, like
    step 3, browse to your unpacked daten folder and drill down to "ecu". [base]\SP-daten-E60\ecu\. Hit
    CTRL-A to select all files, then click "Import"
    5. Now select again "Import/Export" in the main menu, and pick "Import" then "Assembly Line
    Data"
    6. Browse to your unpacked daten folder and drill down to "data". [base]\SP-daten-E60\data\ and
    make sure "data" is highlighted and select "OK"
    7. Depending on how big the data are, you may have to wait awhile. Go get a sandwich. Don't
    abort. SP-daten-E89 took 10 minutes or more on my laptop and the program appeared frozen for
    several minutes. Eventually, it should return control.
    8. Open the regular file explorer and browse to your unpacked daten folder and drill down to
    "gdaten". [base]\SP-daten-E60\data\gdaten\
    Hit CTRL-A to select all files, then CTRL-C to copy all files to clipboard. Now browse to your
    NFS folder (usually C:\EC-APPS\NFS\ or just C:\NFS\ depending on your installation) then browse
    down to "data\gdaten" and hit CTRL-V to paste the copied files. If there are files already in this
    directory, overwrite them with the files you copied.
    Now exit WinKFP and, if desired, backup your NFS dir and EDIABAS\ECU dir so you don't have
    to go through this again.
    9. Run WinKFP. You may see a message like this:
    Don't panic. For some reason there are some lines in some of the SGIDC.AS2 files that are too long
    for WinKFP. SGIDC.AS2 is an ASCII text file and can be edited with notepad or another editor.
    Just load it up (you may have to add a .txt extension and remove it after editing) find the line
    specified in the box above and put a semi-colon in front of it ("comment" it out) or remove it
    completely. I don't know if it is ever needed or if it should be truncated or what, but I've never run
    across any bad behavior by removing it.
    Do this again if there are other long lines in the file; you can easily determine this as most lines will
    all be the same length and the problem lines will be twice as long or longer.
    If all went well, you should have all the files needed to program ECUs with WinKFP.

2.) Use CN555 walkthrough.
    -Make sure your battery is good if not get a battery charger

-Open drivers door and turn ignition ON (cluster guage on)

-connect cable to obd connector of car

-Load Winkpf software

-Press (F1) comfort mode

-Press (F3) Update ZUSB

-Choose ECU GKE215

-Press (F2) Choose ZUSB

-Choose ECU GKE215 and next to it there will be ZB-Numbers..Find 7615835

-Click ok

-If you have done it correctly so far you will see at the top Assembly Identification number 7615835 and it will automatically reference the magical Alpina B3 TCU flash software 7591971

-Press (F4) Enter VIN ( make sure you double check you have entered the correct VIN numbers)

-click ok

-Press DONE (F8)

-Press (F3) Program

-Pop up window will say you can code the ECU 63 more times, click ok

-Flashing begins and you will have to wait till it reaches 100%

-once it reaches 100% it will pop up again saying you have 62 more times to program the ECU, click ok

-Programming again starts, wait until this reaches 100%

-If everything is done correctly, then you will get a pop up screen saying programming done, click ok

-Shut off car by taking key out. Lock car with key, wait 5 minutes and start the car..If everything works correctly you will not
    have any warning signs or check engine lights...Enjoy your newly transformed AT Alpina B3 software

3.) Can someone include where to go and how to clear the codes

4.) Can someone explain how to reprogram the shifter to get the paddles working. I think this should take care of all the steps.

Hello everyone. So I downloaded everything I read is necessary. If I follow these instructions, everything will work out alright? I have a 1/08 production e90 w/ paddle shifters.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Okay guys....Need some data here...I looked at the codes in my tranny module and indeed I have this one code but nothing else.

511B
    Coding error
    Error will not cause a warning light
    Error is currently present
    Test conditions have been completed
    Short circuit or signal interruption

Wedge1967 also has this code....What I need for someone to do before even flashing their car is to check with INPA their transmission for codes. This code is one of those reoccurring codes that when you erase it on the next startup it comes back. Kylu had this code also, but he had many others. Please check before you flash if this code is present....This code looks to me like TCU is trying to communicate with the DME and its throwing this code because we do not have a Alpina based software for it. I could be wrong though..This can also be a code that alot of us already have on the module so I need to see what the deal is...Please share your input on this.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Okay guys I spoke to a bunch of people with the flash and indeed the 511B is apparent on all the cars...It looks as though the TCU module is trying to communicate some type of check to the DME and because we dont have the Alpina DME it throw this reoccurring error. There is no error on the dash. I would not be too worried at this point just as long as its just this one code...

ALso here is a pic of the configurations settings that need to be done to WinKFP before you even start the flash. I guess I forgot to mention this one part...Sorry guys

Set it to exactly like the pic shows..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Okay guys I spoke to a bunch of people with the flash and indeed the 511B is apparent on all the cars...It looks as though the TCU module is trying to communicate some type of check to the DME and because we dont have the Alpina DME it throw this reoccurring error. There is no error on the dash. I would not be too worried at this point just as long as its just this one code...

ALso here is a pic of the configurations settings that need to be done to WinKFP before you even start the flash. I guess I forgot to mention this one part...Sorry guys

All cars?? I have a good 80+ miles of driving since flashing and have not seen that code pop up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    All cars?? I have a good 80+ miles of driving since flashing and have not seen that code pop up.
    Its a shadow code that you have to go into the actually transmission module to see...Use INpa and go into transmission and then read it. The codes wont show up on Cobb accesport or through tune that read codes.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Its a shadow code that you have to go into the actually transmission module to see...Use INpa and go into transmission and then read it. The codes wont show up on Cobb accesport or through tune that read codes.
    ahh! I see.
    Will check for that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is one code 511B will be there if you flash over to ALpina B3 flash..I guess this is one glitch from the flash. ANd guys I cant fix this one! . IMO I have stated its not something that I am concerned about, but if there are other codes other then that 511B then I would be concerned...In KyluII case those other two codes I would be concerned for sure
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

@Josh@Cobb can you disable this code in the TCM module or are you guys limited to the engine module only?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Sticky can you please put this to the top as I edited it and erase the other one...Thanks!!
    DIY Guide to Flash Alpina B3 Flash:

************************************************** **********************************
    WARNING...If you dont know what your doing, dont be brave and blindly go into this advanced flashing of software into the TCU module.. If you mess up you can easily brick your tranny module and you will find yourself towing the car to the dealer and looking like a fool. If your not too confident in doing this, either pay someone or just do without it.....WinKFP is a very dangerous tool but yet its awesome and in terms of coding its pretty advanced.. Proceed after reading this warning if you choose to do so...

************************************************** **********************************

This Alpina TCU flash works for model years 3/07 till present. If your production date is before 3/07, your out of luck and cant flash your car! Before you attempt this you should have some knowledge in coding and setting software. You need to confirm INPA software is working and communicating with car. If you dont have INPA communicating, dont move beyond this point and go back and do some more research on getting it to work.. There are plenty of DIY guides for setting up INPA, Ediabas, NCSexpert and WinKFP.

You can purchase a proven cable that works...Please dont ask will this one work as it is cheaper if so...Buy one that is proven!
    http://www.one-stop-electronics.com/...&product_id=16

ONE NOTE::: Please no PMs on how to set it up. You have to do some work yourself..

Once you have configured your laptop properly, you need to download Spdaten 48.1 the full version for E89 chassis. Dont download the lite versions as it doesnt have the necessary files needed for flashing modules. There are torrent links around...Look for them! The E89 Spdaten needs to be imported to WinKFP. There are PDFs showing how to get this done, do a search! Once it correctly imported, then you may start the flash using Winkpf.
    First you have to run the Winkfp and configure it to work correctly...Here is the picture of what needs to be done in the configurations..
    Click here to enlarge

Once your done with that part:

Here we go:

-Make sure your battery is good if not get a battery charger

-Open drivers door and turn ignition ON (cluster guage on)

-connect cable to obd connector of car

-Load Winkpf software

-Press (F1) comfort mode

-Press (F3) Update ZUSB

-Choose ECU GKE215

-Press (F2) Choose ZUSB

-Choose ECU GKE215 and next to it there will be ZB-Numbers..Find 7615835

-Click ok

-If you have done it correctly so far you will see at the top Assembly Identification number 7615835 and it will automatically reference the magical Alpina B3 TCU flash software 7591971

-Press (F4) Enter VIN ( make sure you double check you have entered the correct VIN numbers)

-click ok

-Press DONE (F8)

-Press (F3) Program

-Pop up window will say you can code the ECU 63 more times, click ok

-Flashing begins and you will have to wait till it reaches 100%

-once it reaches 100% it will pop up again saying you have 62 more times to program the ECU, click ok

-Programming again starts, wait until this reaches 100%

-If everything is done correctly, then you will get a pop up screen saying programming done, click ok

-Shut off car by taking key out. Lock car with key, wait 5 minutes and start the car..If everything works correctly you will not
    have any warning signs or check engine lights...Enjoy your newly transformed AT Alpina B3 software

I have worked long and hard to get this Alpina B3 flash to where it is now so everyone can enjoy this without any glitches. If you feel that my DIY on Winkfp for flashing Alpina B3 flash and the other to get the paddle shifter working, helped in anyway, and you would like to make a small contribution for my efforts, I would be grateful and appreciate it..If not thats cool too.

My paypal addy is
    ccnoner@aol.com

Enjoy the flash!

Click here to enlarge

Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast