Close

Page 17 of 54 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by torqdout Click here to enlarge
    Had to make an emergency trip this weekend so I didn't get a chance to try it out. If I get enough time during the week I can give it a shot, otherwise it'll have to wait for this weekend. I'll post up results as soon as I try it, whether positive or negative. Hopefully it works for us!
    I am patiently waiting for your results! Ok, maybe not too patiently, but waiting nontheless Click here to enlarge. Keep us updated and GOOD LUCK!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Buddy just got it programming and it went from 0 to 100% but it took only 2mins not 4 and it only said once there's 63 more times to program so it didn't do it again to say 62x left..what do you think? Why would it do it just once?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Buddy just got it programming and it went from 0 to 100% but it took only 2mins not 4 and it only said once there's 63 more times to program so it didn't do it again to say 62x left..what do you think? Why would it do it just once?

You're missing files. Probably in the EBIDAS folder.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by stangorang Click here to enlarge
    You're missing files. Probably in the EBIDAS folder.
    What he said^

Same thing happened to us when Stangorang first flashed our rides.
    It "looked" like it worked but we had some codes showing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

What file is missing? Any idea?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    What file is missing? Any idea?
    Best to talk to Wedge. He can remotely dump whatever files you need onto your computer. basically what happened is you flashed but didn't push the firmware from what we can tell.

This is one of the problems now known. You can incorrectly flash the car and not get a single error along the way. Chances are the car will drive just fine also.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

how do you verify the entire flash and firmware were completed?
    07 E92 335I | JB4 G5 ISO | BMS E85 Flash | DCI | BMS DPs | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCU Flash | Walbro GLS392 | E70 | 429rwhp/474rwtq

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AWil335i Click here to enlarge
    how do you verify the entire flash and firmware were completed?

Well the hardware number will change on the gearbox control unit to match the referenced 7591971 file when you look at gearbox info using a BT tool. Beyond that I am not sure there is another way to verify it worked. Thats one issue discovered this weekend.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Best to talk to Wedge. He can remotely dump whatever files you need onto your computer. basically what happened is you flashed but didn't push the firmware from what we can tell.

This is one of the problems now known. You can incorrectly flash the car and not get a single error along the way. Chances are the car will drive just fine also.
    Unfortunately he can't get the car out of parking. Is there a way to get it back to OEM? What's the oem file number?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Unfortunately he can't get the car out of parking. Is there a way to get it back to OEM? What's the oem file number?
    You will def have to talk to the two guys who know what they are doing. A similar issue happened this weekend and they cleaned up the mess.

A big issue, as described before, is so many of the software downloads are crap and missing important files. There is no way to verify what is correct short of comparing to a working setup.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Call me if you want 917-939-4980
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Well the hardware number will change on the gearbox control unit to match the referenced 7591971 file when you look at gearbox info using a BT tool. Beyond that I am not sure there is another way to verify it worked. Thats one issue discovered this weekend.
    The first 0-100% went really quick. Now that I connect to INPA after the flash, I'm getting all kinds of errors - but it does appear the hardware number updated when I'm able to get it to show on the screen.

The dashboard display now displays the gears and it definitely feels differently when shifting. Why all the errors?

Click here to enlarge
    07 E92 335I | JB4 G5 ISO | BMS E85 Flash | DCI | BMS DPs | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCU Flash | Walbro GLS392 | E70 | 429rwhp/474rwtq

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

The first 0-100% went really quick. Now that I connect to INPA after the flash, I'm getting all kinds of errors - but it does appear the hardware number updated when I'm able to get it to show on the screen.

The dashboard display now displays the gears and it definitely feels differently when shifting. Why all the errors?

Click here to enlarge
    Did you get three sections of flash? First one is fast and hangs for a bit, 2nd one is the slowest and takes at least 2 mins, and third 0-100% is probably 2-3 times faster than the 2nd one. The number of flashes left should pop up twice.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Did you get three sections of flash? First one is fast and hangs for a bit, 2nd one is the slowest and takes at least 2 mins, and third 0-100% is probably 2-3 times faster than the 2nd one. The number of flashes left should pop up twice.
    The first one went fast, and the 2nd one definitely took longer, and at the end the ignition dinged like the car had been restarted or something - then it said program complete. Didn't give me another # of flashes left. I then reset the adaptations in INPA.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

The first one went fast, and the 2nd one definitely took longer, and at the end the ignition dinged like the car had been restarted or something - then it said program complete. Didn't give me another # of flashes left. I then reset the adaptations in INPA.
    Flash did not work then. You are missing files. Same issue as other people. It will feel different but not everything was pushed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tofu Click here to enlarge
    there's nothing to really set up regarding INPA. if you did a clean install of bmw standard tools 2.12, inpa will just be blank when you load it up, even after importing all the e89 48.1 daten

I did overwrite it with a previous INPA though, just to make sure ediabas was communicating with the vehicle properly.
    What steps are required to make inpa functional after installing bmw standard tools 2.12?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Flash was not done corectly for sure..There has to be 3 bars showing in total..The setup there is something wrong..You got it good though as your car still works but it is missing the alpina firmware for sure...Dzenno looks like it mess up both ends as the car is not able to even get out of park....Contacted Wedge and he should be able to push the files rather quickly with his home PC.. Working on it.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

It seems as though WinKFP version 5.2.3 is not working too well with this flash. I would stay away from using this version at the moment as it seems all those that are having issues are using this version. But this is just the beginning of data collection so its still in its infancy to tell if its indeed true. Those that cant wait download another version of Winkfp. Standard tools 2.12 has the newest version which is 5.3.1
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    It seems as though WinKFP version 5.2.3 is not working too well with this flash. I would stay away from using this version at the moment as it seems all those that are having issues are using this version. But this is just the beginning of data collection so its still in its infancy to tell if its indeed true. Those that cant wait download another version of Winkfp. Standard tools 2.12 has the newest version which is 5.3.1
    i'll try to find a newer version and give it another shot.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

i'll try to find a newer version and give it another shot.

Or and older one. 5.1.6 is known to work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    Okay guys I got another 2009 to have the paddles to work with coding it!!! So this is a definite fix! The steps are crazy and dont ask me how I got to make it work, but I DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will post the DIY on a separate thread when I get a chance as I have my son's Birthday party.
    Now that everything is functional, I really want to get this done. Guess it's time to buy a cable and a laptop, and try to figure all this coding stuff out.
    335i Coupe, JB4 (G4, map 5) DCI and 40% E85 blend: 2009 BMW 335i Coupe: 12.173 @ 109.490 MPH

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Or and older one. 5.1.6 is known to work.
    that's what i used....

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Correct...Just like my DIY...People if you are flashing your car and following my DIY, IF its missing any other those steps then the flash was not complete and there will be issues..Something wrong with the configurations for sure..
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

that's what i used....

Okay. Then your issues is def missing files.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Okay...I dont know if these posts will sooner or later pop up more and more frequently as the delivery of the cables are arriving to peoples houses. You guys really need to sit down and dont rush through this process just to get it flashed on your car, but methodically go through the steps of updating Ediabas and Winkfp. I feel bad that I even put up the DIY because of stuff like this..
    Click here to enlarge

Page 17 of 54 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast