Close

Page 46 of 54 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1328
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Awesome Click here to enlargeI'll start hunting for a used tranny then!So registering the newer transmission with the car will should work out without issues? Just need to put in my VIN during the coding?
    You do need to put in your complete VIN# in the process of flashing the TCU.
    I think that action overwrites the original VIN# in the Tranny, but I'm not 100% sure about that.
    Maybe @Cn555ic can confirm that flashing the TCU with the Alpina flash can also be used to marry the transmission to a new engine if you use the engine's VIN?
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    You do need to put in your complete VIN# in the process of flashing the TCU.
    I think that action overwrites the original VIN# in the Tranny, but I'm not 100% sure about that.
    Maybe @Cn555ic can confirm that flashing the TCU with the Alpina flash can also be used to marry the transmission to a new engine if you use the engine's VIN?
    true, thats why you need to input the VIN
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    true, thats why you need to input the VIN
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Just need to put in my VIN during the coding?
    Thanks, then we're all good to goClick here to enlarge
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    Thanks, then we're all good to goClick here to enlarge
    LOL i am not 100% sure , just thinking logically. VIN tells all modules we are cool , its the same car , we can communicate together and have a good time. Relax , have a beer and make this 335 rock the $#@! out.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

I would assume this to be the case but like how everything is we won't know till someone tries it out. It does sound logical and I would think it should work since we are writing the vin in the module.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

We will soon find out if this hold true as SIK335 is getting his rebuilt 08 tranny back by next week and installing it to his car that Pre 3/07.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajsalida Click here to enlarge
    Arrgghh. Now some vendor over on e90 is advertising remote Alpina flashes for $120 + $50 cable deposit. Maybe this is what gets Alpina legal dept. to step in, been wondering where they've been in all this.
    Who's about to $#@! it up / get sued?? Didn't see a vendor thread when I searched "Alpina" over there
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Who's about to $#@! it up / get sued?? Didn't see a vendor thread when I searched "Alpina" over there
    He's called Alex@Alpine or something, seems to be mainly a coder. Look in the sponsor section under turbo/engine/drivetrain. Have no experience with him at all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

What rom did your new dme end up being?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

found info here in how to remove the flash counter
    Hi first you open WinKFP and select the configuration menu.You can then unselect all the options with UIF write in them.This allows you to flash without writing to your module as many times as you want to.
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...reflash-my-DME
    did not try it yet.
    Tried this and work's as advertised,did a number of modules and even the DME a number of times and only took about 20 minutes to flash to thoroughly test this out,on the smaller modules the date or ZB number of when last flashed does not change .....so you are in stealth mode with this....as it is with this Alpina flash for the GKE,on the bigger and more complex modules the date goes back to when it was first conceived and with the DME the ZB number will go back to its conception as well.

I found that BMW Standard Tools 2.11.0 worked the best and fastest on Windows XP Pro 32 bit system, but your mileage my vary.

Also those that are having some problems with there transmissions try putting your tune on first then the Alpina Flash this seems to make a difference, try it and let us know what your results are.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by harry Click here to enlarge
    What rom did your new dme end up being?
    IJEOS
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

IJEOS
    What is the latest zb number for IJEOS,Is there a way in Winkfp to tell you what is the latest zb number for any given module?

TIA.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can't get the paddles to work. E89 chassis is faulty message

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BMW86 Click here to enlarge
    Can't get the paddles to work. E89 chassis is faulty message

Did you already do the flash??? Vin is faulty usually in NCSexpert is when the cable is not making connection, and if you did the flash already then you are connecting to the car..
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

on the smaller modules the date or ZB number of when last flashed does not change .....so you are in stealth mode with this....as it is with this Alpina flash for the GKE,on the bigger and more complex modules the date goes back to when it was first conceived and with the DME the ZB number will go back to its conception as well.
    Can you explain this a little more?

So you're saying after we flash the Alpina software, it shows the EGS original ZB number and flash date instead of the Alpina ZB number and current date?

This would be huge for those of us under warranty as the dealer would have no way to prove we ever flashed anything even with the 511b error.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes,you understood correctly,the DIY should be revised so that people will be made aware of this for those of us still under warranty it is the way to go ....... flash on and enjoy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes,you understood correctly,the DIY should be revised so that people will be made aware of this for those of us still under warranty it is the way to go ....... flash on and enjoy.
    Wow, that's awesome. Did you still get the 511b error after flashing? If not, perhaps it's caused by the UIF write.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

What is the latest zb number for IJEOS,Is there a way in Winkfp to tell you what is the latest zb number for any given module?

TIA.
    this is what i have now. dont know about latest for any given module
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by paradoxical3 Click here to enlarge
    Wow, that's awesome. Did you still get the 511b error after flashing? If not, perhaps it's caused by the UIF write.
    Yes, the first time I flashed i did have the 511b error but then flashed back to original with UIF selected and then put the alpina back on with UIF unchecked and no 511b error.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes, the first time I flashed i did have the 511b error but then flashed back to original with UIF selected and then put the alpina back on with UIF unchecked and no 511b error.

Hmm...I will try that and get back to you if this works
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    Did you already do the flash??? Vin is faulty usually in NCSexpert is when the cable is not making connection, and if you did the flash already then you are connecting to the car..
    Yes, flashed successfully. I posted in the other thread about not getting the paddles to work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I just flashed the alpina sofware today. Was a little freaked out when I was getting that little gear symbol while it was flashing. Also got error the first time, and also can hear my transmission locked up. Prayed to god and flashed again from the beginning. Second time around I was getting warning lights like gear symbol, airbag, and the weirdest thing was my windshield wipers were staying on. After the flash was done and I hit OK, the battery symbol went on. I'm guessing all the weirdness with the windshield wipers and airbag lights coming on is due to low battery. Locked the car and waited 5 mins. Started her up and everything works perfectly. No error codes or anything. Love how I can see what gear I am in no matter if I'm in D,S, or M. Only question I have is when I manually shift from M2 to M3 at a high rpm, it seems like a very harsh shift. It shift fast, but is that normal? Feels like a shift in an E46 SMG M3.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just noticed my headlights do not turn L+R now. I have an MSD80 Late 07 build 2008 335XI. It seems the flash killed my adaptive headlights.

Anyone with the B3 flash have their headlights working? Thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by macsboost Click here to enlarge
    I just noticed my headlights do not turn L+R now. I have an MSD80 Late 07 build 2008 335XI. It seems the flash killed my adaptive headlights.

I just tested on an early 335xi (03/2007) and my adaptive headlights still work with the flash installed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by macsboost Click here to enlarge

Are they on "A"? Turning does not work otherwise (when just "on").

Page 46 of 54 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast