Close

Page 39 of 54 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BMW86 Click here to enlarge
    Any cheaper cables that work other than the one in the first post?
    The $40 eBay cable worked fine on my 09 car. The software CD and instructions are not so great but the cable itself I had no problems with. This is the one from the San Diego area. It is probably same as the ones from China but I wanted a US shipper. Took less than 5 days to arrive. Software I got elsewhere off the net plus you'd need SPDaten 48.1 regardless.

The vendor has since sent some further alternate instructions on installing the software so at some point I may get the entire integrated BMW tools package running, which would be nice. But after some hair pulling I managed to get the flash + paddles fix done with this cable and the various net versions of WinKPF & NCSExpert.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajsalida Click here to enlarge
    The $40 eBay cable worked fine on my 09 car. The software CD and instructions are not so great but the cable itself I had no problems with. This is the one from the San Diego area. It is probably same as the ones from China but I wanted a US shipper. Took less than 5 days to arrive. Software I got elsewhere off the net plus you'd need SPDaten 48.1 regardless.

The vendor has since sent some further alternate instructions on installing the software so at some point I may get the entire integrated BMW tools package running, which would be nice. But after some hair pulling I managed to get the flash + paddles fix done with this cable and the various net versions of WinKPF & NCSExpert.
    Ofcourse they are cables that work other than the link I posted above, but like I said you never know which cable will be sent to your house. It's a gamble for some and some are lucky and others experience frustration.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    Ofcourse they are cables that work other than the link I posted above, but like I said you never know which cable will be sent to your house. It's a gamble for some and some are lucky and others experience frustration.
    $100 for a cable with no software was kind of a rip off IMHO. Besides with the money I saved I was able to send you some. Anyway worked for me, YMMV.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

I agree but I also have heard many that didnt get lucky with their cable. Since your link seems good post the eBay link so others can order it today as Onestopelectronics are out of stock for the time being.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    I agree but I also have heard many that didnt get lucky with their cable. Since your link seems good post the eBay link so others can order it today as Onestopelectronics are out of stock for the time being.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-INPA-Edi...c79f27&vxp=mtr

Be aware the software CD is somewhat buggy but I think it could be made to work. The Skydrive instructions (linked in the ad) for installing NCSExpert will work, I just did that yesterday. To install the full tools you need to do something other than the PDF says, it fails at Step 2 (cannot find LZA files) but the vendor gave me some tips which may get it to run. I was installing under XP compatibility mode on a Vista laptop. I did get other sourced software to run and had no problems with the flash.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by paradoxical3 Click here to enlarge
    Terry, does your car normally bottom out advance during shifts? If so, that's a really nice improvement that might actually show some gains at the track. I know my car completely craters during shifting.
    Yes, and still does sometimes. But for some reason on the 1 my 3->4 shifts faster than any other gear. Maybe the other clutch packs are just more worn, etc.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

So I had a weird issue this morning with the alpina flash. Wedge flashed my car so I'm sure it was done right. When he did it I had my Cobb tune installed. Well my adaptive headlights stopped working about a week before wedge flashed my car and I had an appt. at the dealer this morning. So I uninstalled my Cobb in case the dealer needed to reprogram something. Once everything was uninstalled, I put it into drive and my dash is showing D3. So I turned the car off and on, same thing. I figured it was just a glitch and surely it was in 1st, so I take off nope, it was in 3rd cause it downshifted into 2nd when I gave it enough gas. Once I was driving for a few mintutes though everything went back to normal. From park to drive now goes into D1. Not a huge issue, just thought I would share.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

you can get the car programmed with cobb installed as well.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Fwiw I had cobb installed while I flashed the tcu and had no issues.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Same here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

The alpina flash went fine WHILE I had my Cobb installed. I'm just sharing my expierence of what happened after uninstalling my Cobb tune in case someone else runs into the issue I had. I know whenever I change maps with Cobb the car will clunk into reverse for the first time so I'm guessing there's some transmission adaptation being reset. Like I said wasn't a big deal, just odd.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    The alpina flash went fine WHILE I had my Cobb installed. I'm just sharing my expierence of what happened after uninstalling my Cobb tune in case someone else runs into the issue I had. I know whenever I change maps with Cobb the car will clunk into reverse for the first time so I'm guessing there's some transmission adaptation being reset. Like I said wasn't a big deal, just odd.
    Definitely good to know. Admittedly, never uninstalled Cobb since the flash.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How is it in D? I mean i have read on other forums and here couple people mentioned too that in D it is super conservative, like driving a cvt. Any input appreciated guys. Thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by seroga1986 Click here to enlarge
    How is it in D? I mean i have read on other forums and here couple people mentioned too that in D it is super conservative, like driving a cvt. Any input appreciated guys. Thanks!
    Yes its ultra conservative...If your the type that like to hang around 90% of the time in D mode, then this is probably not for you..
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I hang in S and M more than D Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Then why ask about D!!!! If thats the case this Flash is a no brainer for you, I promise you that
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Just keep in mind whenever you try M, you actually have to shift yourself this time around if you want to get into the next gear. I recently played with it and I took it to redline not knowing this as I was used to the stock tcu flash switching gears for me and pegged the rev limiter and misfired in multiple cylinders in doing so. It's definitely less idiot proof than before.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Short version: Treat Manual Mode like a DCT. IF you don't shift, it'll stay in gear
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Short version: Treat Manual Mode like a DCT. IF you don't shift, it'll stay in gear
    Not quite true. It will still upshift for you automatically after hitting rev limiter. I've tested gears 1-4. Haven't had a stretch to upshift 5-6

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AltecBX Click here to enlarge
    Not quite true. It will still upshift for you automatically after hitting rev limiter. I've tested gears 1-4. Haven't had a stretch to upshift 5-6
    If you wanna let it bang off redline in every gear go for, but not only is it going to kill your acceleration numbers, but it's eventually going to do a number on the engine.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

It will stay in gear for me if I don't manually shift it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Guys it shifts up at 6800 RPM just like before. In M mode. You will never see redline in a AT even with this flash.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Will this flash switch into 6th in S mode while cruising highway speeds?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Will this flash switch into 6th in S mode while cruising highway speeds?
    No. At least I can't get it to so far even at light loads. Also it shifts down to first at stops in S but not in M. M still just goes down to 2nd at stops, but you can manually select 1st.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajsalida Click here to enlarge
    Guys it shifts up at 6800 RPM just like before. In M mode. You will never see redline in a AT even with this flash.
    red line is pointless with stock turbo's anyway. by the time it shifts from 1 to 2 your hitting 7k anyway. makes a hella bang on shift if you're spaying meth and keep your foot into it. Click here to enlarge I need to mount the gopro and try this at night to see if it's shooting flames out the back when it pops.

Page 39 of 54 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast