Close

Page 30 of 54 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Reset your transmission adaptations in INPA and you'll feel rough shifting for the first 100-200 miles, and that 2-1 clunk for another 400 miles afterward. Which means you'd be feeling it for a year or so at the rate you drive your car. Click here to enlarge

I have no issues with mine, but thank you for a useless post.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    I have no issues with mine, but thank you for a useless post.
    It's not a useless post, because you think it's hardware related when I am 100% sure it's not. This guy drives a 100 miles, gets freaked out and will disappear after he puts another 500 miles on his car. Guaranteed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Reset your transmission adaptations in INPA and you'll feel rough shifting for the first 100-200 miles, and that 2-1 clunk for another 400 miles afterward. Which means you'd be feeling it for a year or so at the rate you drive your car. Click here to enlarge
    I agree with Cn555ic, what he is showing in that video is not normal even if he did reset adaptations. I have reset adaptations multiple times and at no point have I ever had an audible clunk on a downshift.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by stangorang Click here to enlarge
    I agree with Cn555ic, what he is showing in that video is not normal even if he did reset adaptations. I have reset adaptations multiple times and at no point have I ever had an audible clunk let on a downshift.
    Did you reset the TCM adaptations in INPA? Or did you go through the Procede/JB4?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

BT tool and INPA.

If this wasn't present before he flashed I also highly doubt there is an issue with his mounts, although it may be worthwhile to give them a once over.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by stangorang Click here to enlarge
    BT tool and INPA.

If this wasn't present before he flashed I also highly doubt there is an issue with his mounts, although it may be worthwhile to give them a once over.
    +1 on not being a hardware issue, i find it odd you did not experience rough shifting and clunking after an INPA adaptation reset, especially when others who also did it also experienced what I did. the JB4/Procede 6AT adaptation resets don't really do anything, but the INPA definitely did. Never did it with BT tool.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

+1 on not being a hardware issue, i find it odd you did not experience rough shifting and clunking after an INPA adaptation reset, especially when others who also did it also experienced what I did. the JB4/Procede 6AT adaptation resets don't really do anything, but the INPA definitely did. Never did it with BT tool.
    Unless Jjeah flasher indeed reset the adaptations, then I guess anything is possible like Ben stated..Spoke to him and he said the the person that flashed him also reset his time and date, so that would make me believe for sure he reset almost everything. I for one have not reset any of the cars that I flashed and none of them have experience this loud clunk... I did not state on my DIY to reset anything, I wonder why the person who flashed his car decided to do so on his own... I wonder if anyone else reset their adaptations via INPA and experience this?? I would think not because everyone basically followed the DIY to the tee. I guess I would have to make a change on the DIY to not reset adaptations of the transmission if this may be the case.
    Last edited by Cn555ic; 03-02-2013 at 11:29 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 Click here to enlarge
    Even though you couldn't hook up, how did you do last night?
    60's were imposable. Best was a 2.1. Was consistent 1/8 at 91 mph and trapping at 116. Was launching in 2nd, and couldn't get into the throttle too hard because I couldn't keep it hooked up. When I was hitting 3rd, the back end was fish tailing. Almost got away from me on more than one pass. But, the only car that I ran that I couldn't beat was a CTS/V and he was only trapping at 124. Last year I was trapping 119 and cutting 1.8 60's. I'm up 60 whp from last year, but couldn't get it to the track to save my life. I need a set of 17's with DRs. Maybe then I could get the power to the track.

Did you get signed up for shift sector? If so, look forward to hang'n out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

the person that flashed him also reset his time and date, so that would make me believe for sure he reset almost everything.
    After the flash I had to reset my time and if I remember I am sure I didn't reset any adaptations post flash, I thought it was just a function of the tcu update.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

just got the Alpina flash done, thanks @onebadmofo !

Impressions:

It shifts a bit quicker, and firmer, downshifts are MUCH faster and smoother, D shifts a bit too low for my liking, but overall a good mod. I gotta retrain my foot to give it more gas in D to make it downshift into the proper gear, but maybe it's good for me since my gas mileage is abysmal. Click here to enlarge

Doesn't fix the 3-4 timing correction flatline any better than with the stock TCU flash with Cobb+JB4 stack. The 5th gear flatline is Cobb-specific, not really for JB4+Cobb guys or JB4-only guys. Two different things; may fix the Cobb-specific guys, but doesn't really do anything for anyone else.

Paddles are working.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    60's were imposable. Best was a 2.1. Was consistent 1/8 at 91 mph and trapping at 116. Was launching in 2nd, and couldn't get into the throttle too hard because I couldn't keep it hooked up. When I was hitting 3rd, the back end was fish tailing. Almost got away from me on more than one pass. But, the only car that I ran that I couldn't beat was a CTS/V and he was only trapping at 124. Last year I was trapping 119 and cutting 1.8 60's. I'm up 60 whp from last year, but couldn't get it to the track to save my life. I need a set of 17's with DRs. Maybe then I could get the power to the track.

Did you get signed up for shift sector? If so, look forward to hang'n out.
    60fts have no bearing on your trap speeds really. If anything, if you're spinning off the line you should be trapping higher. Could just be crappy DA, etc or maybe your FlexFuel sensor was cutting boost/power because your ethanol content dropped, who knows. Either way, fun times and you can always go back next time!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

just got the Alpina flash done, thanks @onebadmofo !

Impressions:

It shifts a bit quicker, and firmer, downshifts are MUCH faster and smoother, D shifts a bit too low for my liking, but overall a good mod. I gotta retrain my foot to give it more gas in D to make it downshift into the proper gear, but maybe it's good for me since my gas mileage is abysmal. Click here to enlarge

Doesn't fix the 3-4 timing correction flatline any better than with the stock TCU flash with Cobb+JB4 stack. The 5th gear flatline is Cobb-specific, not really for JB4+Cobb guys or JB4-only guys. Two different things; may fix the Cobb-specific guys, but doesn't really do anything for anyone else.

Paddles are working.
    Logs? All this without proof is useless
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Logs? All this without proof is useless
    Well I did a quick 3-4 shift eyeballing the gauge post shift, didn't get full advance, got the same -3 correction recovery as I did with the stock TCU flash.

Roads aren't optimal right now for anything more elaborate. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Well I did a quick 3-4 shift eyeballing the gauge post shift, didn't get full advance, got the same -3 correction recovery as I did with the stock TCU flash.

Roads aren't optimal right now for anything more elaborate. Click here to enlarge
    Total bs..post up logs Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi guys,

I can't get a successfull flash. Everytime it reaches the 100% it quits with the following error message:
    "ECU security access denied"

Is there any solution? I also tried tweaking the COM-Port settings, but no luck so far! Click here to enlarge

Thanks in advance!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Since you wrote about it why dont you do it and load it up to a server! Make a suggestion go forward with it..
    Cant someone install virtualbox or vmware and create a simple clean win installation (7 or XP) with everything setup? One could then export the image and share it!

If one doesnt activate the win installation it should even be legalish Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

I'm not quite sure if you guys are feeling it but the magnitude of this flash in the N54 community is absolutely immense. It's a wave, hard to describe. But regardless, think about this, a software flash, a freaking software flash alone, is making a huge impact in the way your Ultimate Driving Machine performs. And BMW wasn't the first to offer this, just because?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge

Always a another Turkeybaster around the corner
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm looking to have this flashed in the next couple of weeks. Just in case, does anyone know the process to revert back to stock?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by timtech Click here to enlarge
    I'm looking to have this flashed in the next couple of weeks. Just in case, does anyone know the process to revert back to stock?
    Tim you're a local Chicago guy right

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@CubanJJ09 - yes, I am.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DasKanu Click here to enlarge
    Hi guys,

I can't get a successfull flash. Everytime it reaches the 100% it quits with the following error message:
    "ECU security access denied"

Is there any solution? I also tried tweaking the COM-Port settings, but no luck so far! Click here to enlarge

Thanks in advance!
    Hey, Make sure in your winkfp options, "Test Checksum" is not checked.

Use CN55Ic configuration to setup the program. Here is the picture he posted:
    Click here to enlarge
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...Y-using-WinKFP
    07 338xi | TiAG | Premium Pkg | Carbon Fiber Trim Wrap | E90 | BMW Perf. Intake | BMW Perf. Exhaust | Active Autowerke Stage 2 | 3 Stage Intake Manifold | KW V1 | Euro Xenon Headlights | VMR V710 | Custom Car Coding |
    See my dyno results---> http://bimmerboost.com/showthread.ph...ified-AA-FLASH)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

60fts have no bearing on your trap speeds really. If anything, if you're spinning off the line you should be trapping higher. Could just be crappy DA, etc or maybe your FlexFuel sensor was cutting boost/power because your ethanol content dropped, who knows. Either way, fun times and you can always go back next time!
    What? What are you talking about? LOL Why would I trap higher by spinning off the line which caused me to pull throttle to control wheel spin? So your saying a car that can't hook up and spins through second and third gear will trap high than a car that hooks up and doesn't spin? You lost me?

It was a crap day. Only in the low 50's and the air was heavy and damp. Ethanol is at 80% and I was running some crap Meth a buddy gave me to burn up, but that shouldn't have effected it that much. I don't run in map 3 because it doesn't support Meth, so the sensor doesn't do anything. All in all I agree it was a good time. Really happy the track is open again... On the upside, it can only get better. Prem said something about going to the strip in SoCal during Shift S3ctor. I'll see if I can use his DR's to put down some good numbers. I hope the trans upgrade fixes his car. Can't wait to see what he can put down in the qtr.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Lol I don't see how this is bs when there are plenty of guys with this flash out there, easily verified by anyone. If you read my previous post, you'd see that I narrowed down the two different kinds of flatline, the 5th gear issue which is unique to Cobb and the 3-4 shift which affects both jb4, jb4/cobb and Cobb only to varying extents.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    What? What are you talking about? LOL Why would I trap higher by spinning off the line which caused me to pull throttle to control wheel spin? So your saying a car that can't hook up and spins through second and third gear will trap high than a car that hooks up and doesn't spin? You lost me?

It was a crap day. Only in the low 50's and the air was heavy and damp. Ethanol is at 80% and I was running some crap Meth a buddy gave me to burn up, but that shouldn't have effected it that much. I don't run in map 3 because it doesn't support Meth, so the sensor doesn't do anything. All in all I agree it was a good time. Really happy the track is open again... On the upside, it can only get better. Prem said something about going to the strip in SoCal during Shift S3ctor. I'll see if I can use his DR's to put down some good numbers. I hope the trans upgrade fixes his car. Can't wait to see what he can put down in the qtr.
    Actually thats precisely what I am saying. You will trap lower with more traction but post better ETs

91 mph in the front half sounds about right for a stock turbo full weight car actually.
    Last edited by themyst; 03-03-2013 at 12:26 PM.

Page 30 of 54 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast