Close

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    Indeed. I don't think many people are very concerned with saving meth, just a nice bonus from a theoretical system that isn't very relevant to anything anybody uses anyway.

A WW kit can also be upgraded to a trunk kit easily as well with a few parts and lines. I can't fault a company for providing options and flexibility, it's part of why they are reputable to me. With low concentrations and used for some octane and IAT supression the system is fine, albeit not ideal (far, far from). No system is ideal. If somebody wants more they should upgrade it, but to each their own. You can't fix stupid with a fancy meth kit, you can only limit its impact on the innocent car it's hooked up to.
    Problem with trunk mounts is its not really plug and play like these WW kits, you will need to drill and plan tank location, lines, etc. for an ideal setup, which deters the average joe looking for a quick fix.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Ill just leave this buried down here in this thread for now... There will be more coming as I get used to driving the car instead of a rental or my beater gas saver. Also need to get the no lift shift enabled and find a better road without an up slope to do runs on, but haven't had much time to research yet.

Finally got back to town and had a chance to get the Xi single turbo out for the first 60-130 runs. 60-130 Time: 9.26s More details below:

Car: 2007 e90 335xi
    Trans: Manual
    Other Mods: Vishnu/FFTEC single turbo, Procede, Vishnu pwm meth, FMIC, HKS legamax premium exhaust

Other items:
    • Stock suspension
    • Full tank 91 CA pump gas
    • 0.7% upslope
    • 1 shift :: No lift shift NOT ENABLED yet
    • have video, will try to post later

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by idspeedskater Click here to enlarge
    Ill just leave this buried down here in this thread for now... There will be more coming as I get used to driving the car instead of a rental or my beater gas saver. Also need to get the no lift shift enabled and find a better road without an up slope to do runs on, but haven't had much time to research yet.

Finally got back to town and had a chance to get the Xi single turbo out for the first 60-130 runs. 60-130 Time: 9.26s More details below:

Other Mods: Vishnu/FFTEC single turbo, Procede, Vishnu pwm meth, FMIC, HKS legamax premium exhaust

Other items:
    • Stock suspension
    • 0.7% upslope
    Was meth enabled for this run? There's gotta be more in it for sure.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Yes, there is a lot left in the car. You have to look at this as a first run to set a baseline so i can see the evolution as we progress the platform. A few things to note:

• It's a conservative tune as we still need to see what transfer cases will take
    • The best road I could get to has a 0.7% UPSLOPE if I was on the typical 1-2% descent it would probably save me a second off the top
    • This was the first run with the car, so there will be driving adaptations needed
    • It had a completely full gas tank and is running crap 91 California gas
    • Not having the no lift shift enabled makes for slower shifting than will be possible

I fully expect to see this number drop significantly across time until this gets dialed in.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes, there is a lot left in the car. You have to look at this as a first run to set a baseline so i can see the evolution as we progress the platform. A few things to note:

• It's a conservative tune as we still need to see what transfer cases will take
    • The best road I could get to has a 0.7% UPSLOPE if I was on the typical 1-2% descent it would probably save me a second off the top
    • This was the first run with the car, so there will be driving adaptations needed
    • Not having the no lift shift enabled makes for slower shifting than will be possible

I fully expect to see this number drop significantly across time until this gets dialed in.
    I saw your 60-130 graph. You spent almost two seconds (around 60 mph and 100 mph) with no acceleration at all. I estimate that you'd be in the low 8's high 7's if you could correct whatever's causing that issue.

You need to start around 40 mph in 3rd gear and punch it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Hopefully so! Factory turbos run high 8s. Click here to enlarge RBs in a heavier car are good for high 7s.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Hopefully so! Factory turbos run high 8s. Click here to enlarge RBs in a heavier car are good for high 7s.

He's got an xi. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I guess it's a starting point and kudos for posting data without checking with Shiv first. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Other items:
    • Stock suspension
    • 0.7% upslope
    Nice, glad you're getting some testing done. Not a bad time at all, and definitely some room for improvement. Hopefully the transfer case holds up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

I guess it's a starting point and kudos for posting data without checking with Shiv first. Click here to enlarge
    If he spent 11 grand, I think he's got the right to post whatever he wants. But +1 on the kudos.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    I am building an AWD E46 M3 where AWD will be OFF, M3 will be RWD when I want. The AWD will be OFF when the difference between front and rear wheels is less than X %. So it will be electronically controlled, and if there is no need for AWD, it will be OFF. This will eliminate the loss of torque transfer if it is not needed. My goal is to go sub 3.0 seconds 60-130 mph with the AWD system.
    Where are you sourcing the AWD system/components for an E46 M3?? Also how are you going to be programming the AWD system?? Sub 3.0 seconds 60-130 is not realistic on a full-interior, street friendly car, especially with an AWD system (adds too much weight; reference: 60-130 takes a Twin Turbo Gallardo with 1550 Wheel HP 3 seconds on street tires)
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    60-130 numbers are always something that takes practice. Your first run isn't bad, especially given ACN91 only and no meth and an XI and given how your vbox graph looks from what I gather @themyst saying. Those that are comparing this to RB numbers on meth, with practice, really aren't being fair. Try the same on ACN91 only and RBs see where you end up in the 60-130.

There's way more in your setup but great 60-130 numbers take practice and some aggressive tuning as well as octane. Best of luck out there
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    60-130 numbers are always something that takes practice. Your first run isn't bad, especially given ACN91 only and no meth and an XI and given how your vbox graph looks from what I gather @themyst saying. Those that are comparing this to RB numbers on meth, with practice, really aren't being fair. Try the same on ACN91 only and RBs see where you end up in the 60-130.

There's way more in your setup but great 60-130 numbers take practice and some aggressive tuning as well as octane. Best of luck out there
    I think Shiv once posted even their base mapping requires meth. On 91 octane without meth I doubt he's making much more than 450whp. So that could also explain the slow time if meth was off.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think Shiv once posted even their base mapping requires meth. On 91 octane without meth I doubt he's making much more than 450whp. So that could also explain the slow time if meth was off.
    nah, i saw his vbox graph. Almost two seconds he wasn't accelerating.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    nah, i saw his vbox graph. Almost two seconds he wasn't accelerating.
    Oh I only saw the post with the time. Well, definitely some issue with it based on the time. Normally a log would be the most useful analysis tool for that. Are those posted?
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Other items:
    • Stock suspension
    • 0.7% upslope
    We really appreciate the numbers and posting up as you move along. The transparency with your numbers is great, I try to use the same philosophy. Don't worry your car has a lot more in it. Looking forward to seeing what you get.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    We really appreciate the numbers and posting up as you move along. The transparency with your numbers is great, I try to use the same philosophy. Don't worry your car has a lot more in it. Looking forward to seeing what you get.
    Transparency would be nice. Do you have Dzenno testing some of your turbos? How is your stg 3 testing going on? What boost are you running with it? Where in RPM is the peak boost? What was the boost limit you referred to?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    SIKH335 you really have no $#@!ing life. You went from the other forum trying to start $#@! with Tony to this one.

Grow the $#@! up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Where are you sourcing the AWD system/components for an E46 M3?? Also how are you going to be programming the AWD system?? Sub 3.0 seconds 60-130 is not realistic on a full-interior, street friendly car, especially with an AWD system (adds too much weight; reference: 60-130 takes a Twin Turbo Gallardo with 1550 Wheel HP 3 seconds on street tires)
    All of the AWD components are custom made, each custom made. This is one one the most difficult areas of the Project. Programming will be made with a pectel, pectel has an all Wheel drive controller. This is the second most difficult area of the Project. Pectel Designed the ecu to drive awd systems only. My M3 will weigh 1200 kg = 2600 LBS. Fully gutted. Its one of the lightest E46 M3s that can be made. No Street tire, just drag radials. I already bought the drag radials. I was able to go 4,23 s 60-130 in RWD mode. Then we worked to improve traction, I was able to improvr 60-100 band by 0,4 seconds. The same we improved 60-100 mph by 0,4 seconds it snowed and we did abort tests. If I would stick to RWD I would see 4,22-0,4 = 3,82 seconds 60-130 mph. I had a newborn at that winter and slowed my M3 hobby . The 0,4 s improvement motivated me to build an AWD M3 and go 1 full second faster. Noobody thought of a 4,22 s M3. It is done. Now its time to go sub 3 seconds Click here to enlarge I do not know if Gallardos have limited slip on the front axle, but I did install a LSD on the front axle, I did also raise the lock to 40 %. I pray a lot and hope to see sub 3 seconds 60-130 times.
    E36 M3 Euro TT 60-130 mph 4.49 s
    E46 M3 3.6L TT 60-130 mph 4.22 s
    All Wheel drive M3 Twin Turbo
    997 TT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Other items:
    • Stock suspension
    • 0.7% upslope
    repped for visibility and being honest, those numbers will improve for sure!
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    All of the AWD components are custom made, each custom made. This is one one the most difficult areas of the Project. Programming will be made with a pectel, pectel has an all Wheel drive controller. This is the second most difficult area of the Project. Pectel Designed the ecu to drive awd systems only. My M3 will weigh 1200 kg = 2600 LBS. Fully gutted. Its one of the lightest E46 M3s that can be made. No Street tire, just drag radials. I already bought the drag radials. I was able to go 4,23 s 60-130 in RWD mode. Then we worked to improve traction, I was able to improvr 60-100 band by 0,4 seconds. The same we improved 60-100 mph by 0,4 seconds it snowed and we did abort tests. If I would stick to RWD I would see 4,22-0,4 = 3,82 seconds 60-130 mph. I had a newborn at that winter and slowed my M3 hobby . The 0,4 s improvement motivated me to build an AWD M3 and go 1 full second faster. Noobody thought of a 4,22 s M3. It is done. Now its time to go sub 3 seconds Click here to enlarge I do not know if Gallardos have limited slip on the front axle, but I did install a LSD on the front axle, I did also raise the lock to 40 %. I pray a lot and hope to see sub 3 seconds 60-130 times.
    please create a detailed build thread if you havent yet! this sounds so cool!!! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    please create a detailed build thread if you havent yet! this sounds so cool!!! Click here to enlarge
    http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=969776
    E36 M3 Euro TT 60-130 mph 4.49 s
    E46 M3 3.6L TT 60-130 mph 4.22 s
    All Wheel drive M3 Twin Turbo
    997 TT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    he has a build thread over on e46fanatics.....no doubt an epic build.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    Transparency would be nice. Do you have Dzenno testing some of your turbos? How is your stg 3 testing going on? What boost are you running with it? Where in RPM is the peak boost? What was the boost limit you referred to?
    This is funny. Just because you are not paying attention to the updates does not mean I am not making them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks like he is doing a Top and Bottom mount turbo. I was thinking the same thing on my 335i for the following reasons.

1. Using 2 GTX28RS with Stock Wastegate actuators allows for factory style tuning with stock o2 placement.

2. when fueling capabilities are able to support over 1000 hp you only need to swap turbos to twin 35r or something of this nature.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast