Close

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lorddrinkalot Click here to enlarge
    I found this picture in another thread:
    Looks different than mine.

Attachment 26558

will call Spec later on.
    What was the conclusion?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    What was the conclusion?
    My new friction disc should be on the way.

It seems that there was an production error, nothing sure yet.
    I Can give you guys more info if I have the new one here and installed on my car.
    BMW 335i xDrive MT
    COBB Stage2+|Wagner FMIC|CPe-Downpipes|BMW Performance Exhaust

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I'm installing now my spec 3 + with SMFW.

I'm looking at this photo and mine does not bring those two pieces you see on the right side.

Click here to enlarge

It is essential to assemble the kit without any problems?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cupra Click here to enlarge
    I'm installing now my spec 3 + with SMFW.

I'm looking at this photo and mine does not bring those two pieces you see on the right side.

http://www.bimmerboost.com/attachmen...8&d=1361360428

It is essential to assemble the kit without any problems?
    The two bits on the right are the release bearing (top) and alignment tool (bottom)

They should have included these with your kit, I would contact Spec to find out what to do. You can use the BMW alignment tool fine but dont think you can use the BMW release bearing with the Spec Stg 3 setup.
    Alpine White 2008 6MT 335i - Cobb AP - PTF Tuned - RB Turbos - AR DPs - VRSF 3.5" exhaust - Custom FMIC - 380mm BBK F&R - BMS DCI - M3 DCT LSD - Whiteline subframe bushes - M3 Sways and rear arms - M3 wishbones - ER CP - Spec Stage 3+ clutch and steel SMFW - AST 4100 Coilovers - UUC DSSR -UUC Black tranny mounts - TMS Alu diff bushes - Forge DVs - Aquamist HFS-4 meth - Alufelgen CS7s - BMWP V1 Steering Wheel

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

without the alignment tool, I guess it will install without problems, but I worry about the bearing.

If we use the stock, this is metal / rubber, and the spec seems to be steel.

There will be problems of some kind? or itīs advisable claim of this parts?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Sorry for of topic dont want to creat new thread....
    What is the best place to get SPEC stage2+ clutch kit to Europe?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I talked to the seller and tells me that these parts do not come with the kit and must be purchased separately.

Is it true?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I ordered mine from here:

http://www.protuningfreaks.com/drive...535xi-n54.html

And at the bottom it says "Bearing and tool kit"
    Alpine White 2008 6MT 335i - Cobb AP - PTF Tuned - RB Turbos - AR DPs - VRSF 3.5" exhaust - Custom FMIC - 380mm BBK F&R - BMS DCI - M3 DCT LSD - Whiteline subframe bushes - M3 Sways and rear arms - M3 wishbones - ER CP - Spec Stage 3+ clutch and steel SMFW - AST 4100 Coilovers - UUC DSSR -UUC Black tranny mounts - TMS Alu diff bushes - Forge DVs - Aquamist HFS-4 meth - Alufelgen CS7s - BMWP V1 Steering Wheel

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Hey Idnan Ive read your experience about the clutch on other forum. I have tried to ask for a quote at PTF shipped to Europe and they said it is not possible. At least to my country Lithuania. Im lost now other european vendors wants nearly 1000 GBP for Spec 2+ w/o flywheel.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by idnan Click here to enlarge
    I ordered mine from here:
    S
    http://www.protuningfreaks.com/drive...535xi-n54.html

And at the bottom it says "Bearing and tool kit"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RimasRS Click here to enlarge
    Hey Idnan Ive read your experience about the clutch on other forum. I have tried to ask for a quote at PTF shipped to Europe and they said it is not possible. At least to my country Lithuania. Im lost now other european vendors wants nearly 1000 GBP for Spec 2+ w/o flywheel.
    Have you tried these guys:

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/

I bought mine back in April so don't know if PTF have changed their policy since then

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RimasRS Click here to enlarge
    Hi @RimasRS, as mentioned in my email to you we do ship to Europe regularly but shipping of the clutch to Lithuania specifically seems to be quoting very high from UPS for some reason. We can certainly ship it to you but the $500+ shipping quote from UPS is ridiculous. To Germany for instance its in the 250 range with the same UPS service. That's why I suggested not getting it from us. Some products, like Aquamist hardware for instance, ship from within Europe (UK) so shipping costs on that is very reasonable for that part of the World. We can ship with USPS as well. However, USPS has really bad tracking and does not insure anything past $600 value in case of loss and we don't recommend using it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

After installing the spec stage 3 + and sfmw, with OEM bearing.

At idle makes noise, but a lot more if I put the A / A (do not understand why intluye this).

The clutch is harder, but not bad.

What I do not like to get out in 1st gear. Almost always go hitting jumps, somebody else will do it?

I also notice much vibration in 3rd and 4th gear.

now carry 300 kms with him and havenīt wanted to go higher than 3500rpm, the most of kms are made in the city.

The kit they sent me, is like the picture that have lorddrinkalot. And my car is 2007.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The noise at idle and the vibration come from the spec steel flywheel. Try not to accelarate hard on high gears, downshift and it'll be fain. I have 13k miles on my spec stage 3+ with smfw with no issues so far.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

In 1st gear, the car looks set to start jumping up, even changing to 2nd gear it does happen.
    And the problem that I have seen, is that now I jump traction control (DTC) much more than before, cutting off injection.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cupra Click here to enlarge
    In 1st gear, the car looks set to start jumping up, even changing to 2nd gear it does happen.
    And the problem that I have seen, is that now I jump traction control (DTC) much more than before, cutting off injection.
    are you happy with it or you would prefer oem DMF?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Give it some time, you'll get used to it. It's a race clutch afterall..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Finally got mine in, almost broken in. I changed to the uuc blue tranny mounts at the same time. I thought I was going to lose my mind the SMFW made the tranny so loud, car was like a diesel. Well turned out to be those mounts, pulled them off, car is nice and quiet, this clutch is so nice, and if this TINY amount of chatter bothers you, you really need to drive a hybrid, you can barely hear it. Thats just my take on the combo, love it so far.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ovitrix Click here to enlarge
    The noise at idle and the vibration come from the spec steel flywheel. Try not to accelarate hard on high gears, downshift and it'll be fain. I have 13k miles on my spec stage 3+ with smfw with no issues so far.
    Just to clarify. There are plenty of other platforms that run single mass flywheels out there, some are even OEM, and have no chatter. What ends up giving off chatter when you put a single mass flywheel on this car/platform is the gearbox. It is a noisy one. It is not the flywheel itself that chatters. Some gearboxes are looser than others and many use different types of gear oils too (heavier gearbox oils can help it a bit).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

The noise bothers me, but I donīt care.
    What i yes I am concerned is that in 1st gear, it seems I'm on a stone path, if I go up a slope from the garage, looks like I ran out of gas and back again....
    Wonder if this is normal.
    Of course i prefer dual mass, the problem that I have not found anything to hold the kit vtt V67

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    Just to clarify. There are plenty of other platforms that run single mass flywheels out there, some are even OEM, and have no chatter. What ends up giving off chatter when you put a single mass flywheel on this car/platform is the gearbox. It is a noisy one. It is not the flywheel itself that chatters. Some gearboxes are looser than others and many use different types of gear oils too (heavier gearbox oils can help it a bit).
    The noise is annoying, but the worst is what I say, you can not make a slow exit from a stoplight without dancing Thrif shop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TCW Click here to enlarge
    IIRC the kit only comes with PP to FW bolts and you will need PP to engine bolts, correct me if I am wrong.

Also can you use the below tool to remove the pilot bearing carrier? Also how do you install the carrier into the new flywheel? Or is that were the press is useful.

Attachment 26466
    Click here to enlarge Yeah I wish. My pilot bearning removal from the input shaft was a nightmare. This tool stood no chance. I eventually had to cut it out with a dremel.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Bump. Currently on 2+ with DMFW, going to SMFW and possibly 3+.

Did we confirm that using the OEM TOB is the way to go? @lorddrinkalot @ @VargasTurboTech
    700 and change

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

700 and change

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

I would just get the twin disk, its so much nicer and the cost is not much different, I would NEVER go back to a single disk after driving this clutch, its like a stock clutch that hold 900WTQ. If you do go 3+ they give you a billet TOB in the box, use the low setting for 3+

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I would just get the twin disk, its so much nicer and the cost is not much different, I would NEVER go back to a single disk after driving this clutch, its like a stock clutch that hold 900WTQ. If you do go 3+ they give you a billet TOB in the box, use the low setting for 3+
    Is it available for purchase yet and for how much?

Regarding the TOB, did you get the same one as shown below (third pic, flat)? The OP had issues using it versus the stock.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lorddrinkalot Click here to enlarge
    Hey,

so here are the pictures.

My guess was correct:

Stock:

Attachment 26554

Attachment 26553

Spec:

Attachment 26552
    700 and change

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast