Close

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    damn, that sucks. fact of life; early adopters get screwed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by r45t4335i Click here to enlarge
    damn, that sucks. fact of life; early adopters get screwed.
    Does anyone know why any 02/07 6ATs are getting screwed and whether or not they can retrofit? Is there a physical difference between the transmissions or is there some inherent, original coding that changed for 03/07+??
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tofu Click here to enlarge
    getting bored with the car, unfortunately.
    happens in every car, regardless of what it is

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Does anyone know why any 02/07 6ATs are getting screwed and whether or not they can retrofit? Is there a physical difference between the transmissions or is there some inherent, original coding that changed for 03/07+??
    The information uncovered earlier in the thread basically said the Mechatronics is different before and after 03/07.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You guys need to all fly in to a central location and get a war-room going with a couple military grade spec laptops. Thanks for all your help, I have an 09 xi AT fbo with meth and just ordered my ipna cable. Will be doing this at the end of next week.

Appreciate all your hard work, impressive stuff.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    As Cn555ic said, the Mechatronics modules seem to be different. ZF lists two different part numbers from per and post 03/07, and so does BMW. I was curious if a newer Mechatronics could As a replacement for an older one. You would have to recode the VIN into the replacement, and I don't know if an older DME would work with the newer EGS. When did the DME get switched to the MSD81?

I don't think there are physical differences in the transmission, but there may be differences in the valve body, and there definitely seems to be a difference in the EGS.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    The information uncovered earlier in the thread basically said the Mechatronics is different before and after 03/07.
    SO like I texted you, basically at this point the only way to "retrofit" is an entire trans swap from a 3/07 or later 6AT?

I guess it's a viable option, but only after you're looking to replace/upgrade.

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    As Cn555ic said, the Mechatronics modules seem to be different. ZF lists two different part numbers from per and post 03/07, and so does BMW. I was curious if a newer Mechatronics could As a replacement for an older one. You would have to recode the VIN into the replacement, and I don't know if an older DME would work with the newer EGS. When did the DME get switched to the MSD81?

I don't think there are physical differences in the transmission, but there may be differences in the valve body, and there definitely seems to be a difference in the EGS.

I have MSD80 so it has nothing to do with the flash working or not working as I just flashed my own car and it works..
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    SO like I texted you, basically at this point the only way to "retrofit" is an entire trans swap from a 3/07 or later 6AT?

I guess it's a viable option, but only after you're looking to replace/upgrade.

Based upon my DME version MSD80 and its working, yes the only option is tranny upgrade like Tomas had done with his car..
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    car-part.com has two AT options 02/07 and 03/07 later, but if anyone is looking, a few grade A '08 transmissions are sitting in OH for $850 each. Pull the valve body and swap the TCU. Worst case is it doesn't work. But if Tomas is saying that works then a quick fix. Not sure how much the TCU only costs. Not like you have to pay a dealer $500 to flash it anymore.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's good because it proves that either EGS can function with the MSD80, so the communications from the EGS to DME can't be different.

I'm thinking that just swapping the Mechatronics module might work as long as the programming insofar as the VIN can be dealt with.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Cn555ic just flashed my Xi and OMG the difference is very noticeable, I was skeptical at first and wanted the mod for just the cool S1 - S2 gear changes lol ... I drove in S-mode all the way home doing pulls here and there and shifts are much smoother and noticeably faster. Just wanted to share my experince with you guys, I made few videos but might not be worth posting lol.

THANKSSSSS Cn555ic, you the MAN.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by X-ception Click here to enlarge
    Cn555ic just flashed my Xi and OMG the difference is very noticeable, I was skeptical at first and wanted the mod for just the cool S1 - S2 gear changes lol ... I drove in S-mode all the way home doing pulls here and there and shifts are much smoother and noticeably faster. Just wanted to share my experince with you guys, I made few videos but might not be worth posting lol.

THANKSSSSS Cn555ic, you the MAN.
    Nice. Now waiting for the DIY writeup Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I will post the DIY using Winkfp to flash the Alpina B3 soon. Just waiting for my friend to send the pictures to me as he was the camera man!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i was wondering if it would be a good idea to get the alpina flash along with increased trans oil pressure that terry offers with the bms flash. don't know if it would be a good thing or a bad thing.
    Click here to enlarge
    Instagram: Sammy0559
    VTX3's Click here to enlarge
    Got one more tow with AAA lets make it count Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sammy_0559 Click here to enlarge
    i was wondering if it would be a good idea to get the alpina flash along with increased trans oil pressure that terry offers with the bms flash. don't know if it would be a good thing or a bad thing.
    I actually had the same concern with some timing demo maps I'm working on, I've already flashed back to my original ProTune & going to see on the way home if the Alpina flash will resolve the timing issue.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I actually had the same concern with some timing demo maps I'm working on, I've already flashed back to my original ProTune & going to see on the way home if the Alpina flash will resolve the timing issue.
    fingers crossed! i cant wait to get my car done so i can test this out Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Instagram: Sammy0559
    VTX3's Click here to enlarge
    Got one more tow with AAA lets make it count Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very interesting developments here guys! 10/06 build date here! Click here to enlarge Can someone please send this file over to Cobb stat. They don't have to copy it exactly, they just have to study it to learn how to write code for our trans. Hopefully they can develop a flash for us pre-03/07 guys.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Tomaz, do you have a file for a 6AT that's a pre-03/2007 build?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

7 out of 7 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    DIY Guide to Flash Alpina B3 Flash
    Works for only model years 3/07 till present. If you production date before 3/07 your out of luck and cant flash your car!

-Your computer should already be configured to have INPA working and make communication with car and have Winkfp imported with SPdaten 48.1
    -Make sure your battery is good if not get a battery charger
    -Open drivers door and turn ignition ON (cluster guage on)
    -connect cable to obd connector of car
    -Load Winkpf software
    -Press (F1) comfort mode
    -Press (F3) Update ZUSB
    -Choose ECU GKE215
    -Press (F2) Choose ZUSB
    -Choose ECU GKE215 and next to it there will be ZB-Numbers..Find 7615835
    -Click ok
    -If you have done it correctly so far you will see at the top Assembly Identification number 7615835 and it will automatically reference the magical Alpina B3 TCU flash software 7591971
    -Press (F4) Enter VIN ( make sure you double check you have entered the correct VIN numbers)
    -click ok
    -Press DONE (F8)
    -Press (F3) Program
    -Pop up window will say you can code the ECU 63 more times, click ok
    -Flashing begins and you will have to wait till it reaches 100%
    -once it reaches 100% it will pop up again saying you have 62 more times to program the ECU, click ok
    -Programming again starts, wait until this reaches 100%
    -If everything is done correctly, then you will get a pop up screen saying programming done, click ok

-Shut off car by taking key out. Lock car with key, wait 5 minutes and start the car..If everything works correctly you will not
    have any warning signs or check engine lights...Enjoy your newly transformed AT Alpina B3 software

This is a must have if your modded..
    Last edited by Cn555ic; 02-19-2013 at 01:06 AM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Can we flash the Alpina dme to our cars as well?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great news. Lets see numbers.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by harry Click here to enlarge
    Can we flash the Alpina dme to our cars as well?
    I don't see why not. As long as the files are in the SP-Daten-E89. Good news for those with junk flashes, you can always flash back to stock.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What ECU number and ZB-Numbers do we choose for flashing the Alpina DME....... may be we need another DIY Guide to Flash Alpina B3 Flash for DME.....?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    Very interesting developments here guys! 10/06 build date here! Click here to enlarge Can someone please send this file over to Cobb stat. They don't have to copy it exactly, they just have to study it to learn how to write code for our trans. Hopefully they can develop a flash for us pre-03/07 guys.
    + 1000!!!
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast