Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    560 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    So how did you increase the line pressure through flash?

I've been reading through some documents and it looks like the DME and TCU communicate quite a bit over CAN. Some of the documentation I've read states the TCU will adjust the firmness of the shifts, possibly through line pressure, depending on the load of the engine. I though it might be possible to intercept some of those CAN messages and send only messages to the TCU that would maximize the firmness of the shifts.
    It's magic! Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

LOL, ok, I understand.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Yes the biggest problem will be the launches. We'll probably limit his boost in 1st gear to 10psi, and 13psi in 2nd. He has never tried the NLS either so we'll see how that goes at the track.
    U could go stock boost in 1st gear and still fail miserably. It will be a learning experience for sure!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rdeterman Click here to enlarge
    JB4- $479 $400 USED
    BMS DP- $379 $275 USED
    DCI- $95 $75 USED
    Flash- $895 NEW ~$650 USED
    FP- $95 $95 NEW

$1,943 NEW/ $1495 approx or less USED

With a ~265whp stock and 450whp modified for that kind of money is crazy! You could literally go buy the car, install all the parts in 1 day and have 185whp gain. And on top of it be very reliable and CHEAP! We are still in the early stages of development in these cars so it can only get better from here. I have the same setup minus the booster pump right now and my car hauls. Everyone that has drove it or road along has been very impressed!

I do 430whp with G5 and FMIC = $1000 new. That being said its everything else that costs money... wheels, repairs, tires, clutche$, etc. I am a cheap ass though, I researched the least money to do it. G5 -> FMIC -> DPs -----> flash.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

damn.. so many little improvements in the past year, but they all add up to significant advances.. glad to see actual progress.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    I do 430whp with G5 and FMIC = $1000 new. That being said its everything else that costs money... wheels, repairs, tires, clutche$, etc. I am a cheap ass though, I researched the least money to do it. G5 -> FMIC -> DPs -----> flash.
    A clutch/flywheel combo are next on my list..
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

nice results, is there a write-up on the Option 2 inline pump upgrade? I'm leaning more and more towards the BMS flash with this Option 2 inline pump upgrade.
    Loe P.
    - 09' E90 M3 7-DCT Interlagos Blue / Novillo Silver - gone Click here to enlarge
    [K&N filter|MS pullies|test pipes|Evolve Stg II tune/Servotronic/GTS-DCT Tune|Euro MDM]
    - 15' IS350 F-sport Ultra White / Rioja Red

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    560 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by spool twice Click here to enlarge
    nice results, is there a write-up on the Option 2 inline pump upgrade? I'm leaning more and more towards the BMS flash with this Option 2 inline pump upgrade.
    No. Once it's been working well for a few weeks we'll throw up a DIY for it though.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Hey Terry, can you explain the non-freature benefits of running a jb4 with the cobb fuel flash over just a cobb flash assuming each is tuned appropriately to the fuel and car?
    2015 - Cayman GTS - Stock
    2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired
    2007 - 911 Turbo - EP1/AMS (617 awtq and 500 awhp) - Retired
    2008 - 335i e92 - Cobb/AR/Helix/OSS (384 rwtq and 356 rwhp) - Retired
    2003 and 2005 330i/ci zhp - Stock - Retired

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I think it's time for me to switch tunes, great work Terry! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boosted5 Click here to enlarge
    I think it's time for me to switch tunes, great work Terry! Click here to enlarge
    Do it! Your gonna love it!
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

I miss my JB4
    09 e92 335i, 440HP/500TQ: SOLD
    03 EVO 8, 600HP/500TQ: SOLD
    99 Eclipse GSX 609HP/517TQ: SOLD
    13 Nissan Maxima: Need to break lease so I can buy another BMW!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

No. Once it's been working well for a few weeks we'll throw up a DIY for it though.
    Nice! I can't wait for the DIY
    Loe P.
    - 09' E90 M3 7-DCT Interlagos Blue / Novillo Silver - gone Click here to enlarge
    [K&N filter|MS pullies|test pipes|Evolve Stg II tune/Servotronic/GTS-DCT Tune|Euro MDM]
    - 15' IS350 F-sport Ultra White / Rioja Red

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mithiral67 Click here to enlarge
    Hey Terry, can you explain the non-freature benefits of running a jb4 with the cobb fuel flash over just a cobb flash assuming each is tuned appropriately to the fuel and car?
    @Terry@BMS can you help?
    2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    560 Post(s)

Well first run Jon exploded his factory chargepipe. Sigh.

I ran 11.4@129.5 on a 2.06 60. Trans does not like 2nd gear launches anymore. Will give it a go again in a bit.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Well first run Jon exploded his factory chargepipe. Sigh.

I ran 11.4@129.5 on a 2.06 60. Trans does not like 2nd gear launches anymore. Will give it a go again in a bit.
    GREAT TRAP SPEED!!! Awesome Terry....Good luck the rest of the day

Hope the 2nd gear holds...if you can cut couple .1 on the 60' you should be able to hit some nice numbers today
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

I'm just curious why full E85 wasn't used with the upgraded fuel pump?
    Click here to enlarge
    Engine: MOTIV 750 / MOTIV Port Injection / Fuel-It! Stage 3 LPFP / Helix FMIC / ER CP + TiaL BOV
    Tuning: JB4 MAC_11 / MHD BMS Backend / Split Second AIC1-V6H
    Suspension: Bilstein PSS9 / Full M3 Suspension / Quaife LSD / Defiv Lockdown / Megan Toe Arms
    Wheels/Tires: Forgestar F14 19x8.5F +34 / 19x10R +38 / Michelin PSS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blisstik Click here to enlarge
    I'm just curious why full E85 wasn't used with the upgraded fuel pump?
    This was on the E92 6MT....I think they only upgraded to the $99 Walbro option to see how that flows/works versus the more expensive e85 Walbro pump...so might be why its only on E50 bc less flow potential
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mithiral67 Click here to enlarge
    Whats the answer Terry?
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Black Sheep Click here to enlarge
    Whats the answer Terry?
    Superior boost control, autotuning, flatline fix, relay box to control meth/NLS/etc. That's a generalization as there's a lot of details I'm sure (quick adjustment of lagfix and pid for example). It does quite a few thinks for you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

I am refering to non-feature aspects. I am not worried about meth, NLS, gauges, map changing abilities. I am curious about the tuning side of things

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    560 Post(s)

Got a bit better. 11.1@129 1.8 60 limiting boost in 2nd to 16psi.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Nice run! Any more shots at the 10 second club today?
    07 E92 335I | JB4 G5 ISO | BMS E85 Flash | DCI | BMS DPs | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCU Flash | Walbro GLS392 | E70 | 429rwhp/474rwtq

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Damn! So its safe to say if you were running an actual drag tire and were able to cut a 1.57 second 60ft like shiv his 10.82 would have just about been matched by an rb car. Not too shabby!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

RB's FTW!
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast