Close

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Don't try to lay it on too thick, might backfire.
    What might back fire. The fact that I will be running the car after the Trans is built and upgraded???? You think that this wont be beneficial to any other high HP 6AT guys. Contrary to what you think this is the last piece of my puzzle
    for my car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sikh335 Click here to enlarge
    What might back fire. The fact that I will be running the car after the Trans is built and upgraded???? You think that this wont be beneficial to any other high HP 6AT guys. Contrary to what you think this is the last piece of my puzzle
    for my car.
    Relax, I'm referring to your overzealous nice guy act clearly due to you knowing exactly where you stand. Good, it works, tread carefully and you should be fine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

1 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Relax, I'm referring to your overzealous nice guy act clearly due to you knowing exactly where you stand. Good, it works, tread carefully and you should be fine.
    Sticky if I'm not rubbed the wrong way I am a nice guy. As for treading carefully I never had an issue staying on this site until your Neg Rep throwing my account into a 4 month ban which was clearly immature. I do know where I stand, frankly an enthusiast pushing this platform you may not like the vendors I am using but that's my choice. If you don't like me Ban me again on a site that claims it does not Ban people.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sikh335 Click here to enlarge
    Sticky if I'm not rubbed the wrong way I am a nice guy. As for treading carefully I never had an issue staying on this site until your Neg Rep throwing my account into a 4 month ban which was clearly immature. I do know where I stand, frankly an enthusiast pushing this platform you may not like the vendors I am using but that's my choice. If you don't like me Ban me again on a site that claims it does not Ban people.
    LOL ok let's move on... somehow you're posting, weird.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    People just don't seem to like that Sikh guy...
    Because he posts $#@! like this on E90:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SIKH335 Click here to enlarge
    I don't blame people for not supporting or mentioning the other event when it's sponsored by a moderator who has no respect for and talks crap on any member he feels. More over does not understand the meaning of "moderate". It's easy to jump on both bandwagons when your not being talked crap about by either side, the true politics is anyone who runs a Procede product is hatted on the other two forums which are dominated by the two other tuners. Here you can run what u want. At Shift Sector you can run what u want and not have to deal with an immature moderator. I wish all the best at the March event if my car were ready I would be there buy not strictly for the racing Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So we should have dynos by tomorrow right?

Anyone want to state their predictions?

My guess:

625whp on 93

750whp on E85

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    So we should have dynos by tomorrow right?

Anyone want to state their predictions?

My guess:

625whp on 93

750whp on E85
    Dynos by tomorrow night on what? Stage 3? It will prob be installed in the car this weekend, then 500 miles of clutch break in, then Dzenno and maybe jake will fly out to tune it. You don't just bolt the kit on, drive it over to the dyno, and give it a good beating.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Dynos by tomorrow night on what? Stage 3? It will prob be installed in the car this weekend, then 500 miles of clutch break in, then Dzenno and maybe jake will fly out to tune it. You don't just bolt the kit on, drive it over to the dyno, and give it a good beating.
    Why don't you just bolt it on and drive it over? The engine doesn't need to be broken in or the turbos right?

You are going to drive around untuned for 500 miles? Will the stock ecu be able to compensate for the larger turbos running on a tune made for the stockers?

Why not break the clutch in with the stock turbos? Then slap on the 28s and get her on the dyno.

Do you have any idea when we can expect a dyno? If they haven't bought their tickets yet that means 3 weeks out unless they want to pay through the nose...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Whaa? Considering all the work that will probably be needed to figure out the general range of what WGDC will be needed to get the desired results, I don't see any point in bolting them on and going to straight to the dyno. It's going to take some testing first to get it where they want it, even at low boost levels.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why don't you just bolt it on and drive it over? The engine doesn't need to be broken in or the turbos right?

You are going to drive around untuned for 500 miles? Will the stock ecu be able to compensate for the larger turbos running on a tune made for the stockers?

Why not break the clutch in with the stock turbos? Then slap on the 28s and get her on the dyno.

Do you have any idea when we can expect a dyno? If they haven't bought their tickets yet that means 3 weeks out unless they want to pay through the nose...
    Thanks for your thoughts. This isn't the first kit we have built and installed. We will keep you guys posted. Yes lets put a brand new clutch in, not break it in and throw it on the dyno. I'm sorry man I am not trying to be rude, but you really are coming off semi clueless right now. We will get it on the dyno when it is ready to be put on the dyno.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for your thoughts. This isn't the first kit we have built and installed. We will keep you guys posted. Yes lets put a brand new clutch in, not break it in and throw it on the dyno. I'm sorry man I am not trying to be rude, but you really are coming off semi clueless right now. We will get it on the dyno when it is ready to be put on the dyno.
    I didn't know your clutch wasn't broken in that that is what was stopping you from going on the dyno. You made it sound like you needed to break in the engine or turbos or something. If you need to break in the clutch why not do it on the stock turbos on a reliable tune? Wouldn't that be easiest to break the clutch in with and safest?

I still don't see how you are going to drive around for 500 miles with different turbos without messing with the tune...
    Last edited by Torgus; 02-07-2013 at 01:14 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Because he posts $#@! like this on E90:
    See there we go, much better when the true colors come out.

And he thinks he problem is what tune you run? heh.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I didn't know your clutch wasn't broken in that that is what was stopping you from going on the dyno. You made it sound like you needed to break in the engine or turbos or something. If you need to break in the clutch why not do it on the stock turbos on a reliable tune? Wouldn't that be easiest to break the clutch in with and safest?

I still don't see how you are going to drive around for 500 miles with different turbos without messing with the tune...
    Honestly, my first post just said 500 miles of clutch break in if you bothered to read it, and yes it wont be a problem at all driving it around on a stock or RB style tune with the GTX's on it. The boost will be turned down to around 4-5 psi and we will break in the clutch and make sure we don't have any leaks, etc. Honestly this is what you do with ANY new kit. You don't just bolt it on and start beating on it. My guess is you are not anywhere near being in the market for a kit like this, so as I said I appreciate your input but your thoughts are not really valid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Honestly, my first post just said 500 miles of clutch break in if you bothered to read it, and yes it wont be a problem at all driving it around on a stock or RB style tune with the GTX's on it. The boost will be turned down to around 4-5 psi and we will break in the clutch and make sure we don't have any leaks, etc. Honestly this is what you do with ANY new kit. You don't just bolt it on and start beating on it. My guess is you are not anywhere near being in the market for a kit like this, so as I said I appreciate your input but your thoughts are not really valid.
    I think everyone is just really excited tony.

Don't get upset with people asking for stuff quickly, we all want things now, its part of american society.

I do find it strange you didn't break in the clutch with stock turbo's, just for the fact to make sure there is/was no issues with it, but im sure you will figure that out while running low boost. (even though its another thing to trouble shoot, but thats ok)

And I hope they already have tickets! Like everyone else, can't want to see the numbers and start placing orders! (sadly I will have to wait until the end of the year) so Im not in a big rush anymore.

Edit* 500 miles isn't very much, you can do that in a day if you have nothing else to do. Even though im sure it will be done over a few days.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The last thing we need is another half-baked system that is rushed onto a dyno.

Let's give Vargas the time and space that's needed to do it right!

Neil

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Click here to enlarge
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    I think everyone is just really excited tony.

Don't get upset with people asking for stuff quickly, we all want things now, its part of american society.

I do find it strange you didn't break in the clutch with stock turbo's, just for the fact to make sure there is/was no issues with it, but im sure you will figure that out while running low boost. (even though its another thing to trouble shoot, but thats ok)

And I hope they already have tickets! Like everyone else, can't want to see the numbers and start placing orders! (sadly I will have to wait until the end of the year) so Im not in a big rush anymore.

Edit* 500 miles isn't very much, you can do that in a day if you have nothing else to do. Even though im sure it will be done over a few days.
    I understand the excitement and we are excited as well, but when someone asks you something and you answer and then they continue to question why you aren't rushing to the dyno its semi frustrating. Lets keep in mind after Eleventeen posted his top mount thread, this is the person who just typed. "Isn't that going to melt stuff". Were just trying to get it done and get it done at a nice slow pace. Honestly who cares which turbos you use to break a clutch in at, at 4psi the car doesn't know if it has stock turbos or GTX's on it. They just move air, thats all they do.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

0 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

This post by Torgus is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

4 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Hey Vargas care to make a wager that the hot side of the turbo and downpipe is going to NOT melt the engine cover as it is shown in that picture?

http://www.bimmerboost.com/attachmen...9&d=1359241569
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey Vargas care to make a wager that the hot side of the turbo and downpipe is going to NOT melt the engine cover as it is shown in that picture?

Why would they run it like that anyway? Anyone with half a brain would wrap/coat etc.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Simple off the shelf thermal control products will solve the problem, no one in their right mind would run it like that. Obviously it was for picture only. I can tell you have much more experience then we do. You build your stage 3 kit and throw it on the dyno as soon as you install it. I look forward to your numbers. But seriously all joking, and sarcasm aside. You asked me a question, I answered it, yet you continued to question things. As I stated before. Thank you for your thoughts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I understand the excitement and we are excited as well, but when someone asks you something and you answer and then they continue to question why you aren't rushing to the dyno its semi frustrating. Lets keep in mind after Eleventeen posted his top mount thread, this is the person who just typed. "Isn't that going to melt stuff". Were just trying to get it done and get it done at a nice slow pace. Honestly who cares which turbos you use to break a clutch in at, at 4psi the car doesn't know if it has stock turbos or GTX's on it. They just move air, thats all they do.
    Very true about breaking the clutch in, as long as there is no issues , but remember, stay positive. Don't get upset or frustrated because thats what they're trying to do.

we're all hoping for good things (most of us).

Edit* what products could be used to not melt things? I know this is a stupid question and im sure a lot of people know, but I don't because I have never used them.

(not asking tony directly, but anyone with experience can answer that.)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Lol, @Torgus. Neg rep me for calling you a troll?

Don't get mad, get better!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    Very true about breaking the clutch in, as long as there is no issues , but remember, stay positive. Don't get upset or frustrated because thats what they're trying to do.

we're all hoping for good things (most of us).

Edit* what products could be used to not melt things? I know this is a stupid question and im sure a lot of people know, but I don't because I have never used them.

(not asking tony directly, but anyone with experience can answer that.)
    They will but a turbo blanket on the turbo and then wrap the DP in exhaust/header wrap. There is also more expensive options...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Lol, @Torgus. Neg rep me for calling you a troll?

Don't get mad, get better!
    I + repped you to more than make up for it. The dude is a tool... and not a particularly useful tool.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast