Close

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    He is testing some turbos for us. Not really inclined to say much else.
    i'm sure we'll all find out soon enough

i'm really REALLY surprised how fast all this is progressing still Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    Nah, I didn't even mean you because you've been pro meth for all the kits Click here to enlarge
    lol nooooo
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    Well, i have been unable to find a precision compressor map, but since they basically just stole Garrett's design and added a slightly larger inducer size turbine, it should be really close to the Garrett GTX35r. With that being said, the two GTX2863r will flow 43lb/min each for a total of 86lb/min where as the precision should flow about 76lb/min mid range. Peak, the twins will flow around 64lb/min combined and the 6262 will flow around 58lb/min. The twins will also spool much faster than the single. If I had to guess I would say almost 1000RPMs faster. So, faster spool and more airflow at all boost range isn't similar to the single kit to me.
    Since it should be easy to put on any single a person wants, I don't see any reason to compare directly to a particular single that Shiv offers. I'll take your word for it that you think these twins will spool faster than that specific single, but I doubt they will have that much advantage in all cases that flow similar numbers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    You're kidding. The dealer will be willing to do nothing engine related besides oil changes if they opened the hood & saw GTX twins with a completely rerouted charge pipe
    I don't have a lot of experience yet with my BMW dealership, but my past experience with the Mitsu dealership was pretty good. Once they realized I wasn't going to try to screw them over they were willing to do whatever I needed them to do even though there had been significant changes to the car as long as they understood how to do it. I guess I just assumed I'd eventually get to that point with the BMW dealership, too. Usually there's at least one guy back there who knows the deal.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Carl Morris Click here to enlarge
    I don't have a lot of experience yet with my BMW dealership, but my past experience with the Mitsu dealership was pretty good. Once they realized I wasn't going to try to screw them over they were willing to do whatever I needed them to do even though there had been significant changes to the car as long as they understood how to do it. I guess I just assumed I'd eventually get to that point with the BMW dealership, too. Usually there's at least one guy back there who knows the deal.
    Most BMW dealers ( that I have dealt with) are not that way. If they see mod's they are not helping.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

On a side note, it's great to see those high HP applications on our platform. But the market for these upgrades will be limited unless someone puts out an affordable and proven fix for us 6AT guys. We're power hungry too Click here to enlarge But we can't go much above 500 bhp before the freaking tranny will slip and eventually blow.

So why does no one crack that Alpina code for the TCU??
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    On a side note, it's great to see those high HP applications on our platform. But the market for these upgrades will be limited unless someone puts out an affordable and proven fix for us 6AT guys. We're power hungry too Click here to enlarge But we can't go much above 500 bhp before the freaking tranny will slip and eventually blow.

So why does no one crack that Alpina code for the TCU??
    level 10 has transmission rebuild kits for AT.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    level 10 has transmission rebuild kits for AT.
    Yes but there's alot of controversy going on about these kits. Are they really worth the money? Only a few select members have opted for this (Enrita, anybody else?). A full rebuild is $$$. Whereas I've found rebuilt (but not upgraded) trannys for 2600 EUR installation included.

This is a bit OT, and probably not even Vargas' business, but the 6AT cars with Stage 3 turbos will hit the same limits as Shiv's single turbos or any car in that power range for that matter.
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Yes but there's alot of controversy going on about these kits. Are they really worth the money? Only a few select members have opted for this (Enrita, anybody else?). A full rebuild is $$$. Whereas I've found rebuilt (but not upgraded) trannys for 2600 EUR installation included.

This is a bit OT, and probably not even Vargas' business, but the 6AT cars with Stage 3 turbos will hit the same limits as Shiv's single turbos or any car in that power range for that matter.
    Okay so you want a cheap alternative. Which we all know there isn't, But again, spending 6k+ on a turbo kit, you can afford the part needed to build the car

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Okay so you want a cheap alternative. Which we all know there isn't, But again, spending 6k+ on a turbo kit, you can afford the part needed to build the car
    My car is fully built (almost $15k in chassis, power transmission and brake upgrades only). It's not about being cheap, but $ for value certainly is important for me. I'd hate to shell out $5k for a rebuilt tranny only to find out it won't hold up better than a used one from the bay.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

My car is fully built (almost $15k in chassis, power transmission and brake upgrades only). It's not about being cheap, but $ for value certainly is important for me. I'd hate to shell out $5k for a rebuilt tranny only to find out it won't hold up better than a used one from the bay.
    Well if nobody buys it, then how does anyone know if it will hold up?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Well if nobody buys it, then how does anyone know if it will hold up?
    Would you buy it if you had a 6AT? Click here to enlarge

The Vishnu experience in that domain should be enough of a warning for most. Their long-proclaimed "easy fix" seems to be vaporware.

Well the next airstrip events, which are just around the corner, will show the truth.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Would you buy it if you had a 6AT? Click here to enlarge

The Vishnu experience in that domain should be enough of a warning for most. Their long-proclaimed "easy fix" seems to be vaporware.

Well the next airstrip events, which are just around the corner, will show the truth.
    I have a At and I plan on buying it when I buy the Stage3's. As well as half shafts.

Vishnu is full of liars. Level 10 isn't vishnu.

unless someone has a better idea?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

I keep looking at the first picture...i hope an xi subframe will clear these Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

I have a At and I plan on buying it when I buy the Stage3's. As well as half shafts.

Vishnu is full of liars. Level 10 isn't vishnu.

unless someone has a better idea?
    The Level10 Trans "Upgrade" still hasn't been confirmed whether it's actually a legit upgrade that is worth the cost. LM had it on 335 towards the end, but when I asked him about it he said he didn't have enough time to fairly assess it. Enrita would probably be the best person to ask whether or not it's working since his car has upgraded turbos & it gets tracked.

In addition to upgrading the physical pieces of the AT, the software will have to be upgraded. Currently any flashed 6AT are experiencing awful flatlining issues when you go into 5th & the OEM TCM programing will not not play nicely with the power the GTXs make
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    The Level10 Trans "Upgrade" still hasn't been confirmed whether it's actually a legit upgrade that is worth the cost. LM had it on 335 towards the end, but when I asked him about it he said he didn't have enough time to fairly assess it. Enrita would probably be the best person to ask whether or not it's working since his car has upgraded turbos & it gets tracked.

In addition to upgrading the physical pieces of the AT, the software will have to be upgraded. Currently any flashed 6AT are experiencing awful flatlining issues when you go into 5th & the OEM TCM programing will not not play nicely with the power the GTXs make
    Well my stock AT is already slipping so its only a matter of time before i have to upgrade it anyways. I do not see the argument that its not going to hold up, Enrita say's his is working great.

The flatlining is all tuning based I believe, like you said, so Im sure we will have some smart people working on that as soon as these turbo's are released.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Terry has a fix for flat lining.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    Terry has a fix for flat lining.
    It's not 100% and it's cause the JB4 is stacked with the COBB BMS flash
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

8 out of 11 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    My Trans will be shipped out in the next few weeks to get a full rebuild and upgrade from another Trans shop on the East Coast other than Level 10. I will keep everyone posted if the upgrade fixes my Trans issues that occurred at Shift Sector. I'm hopefull the shop I have found should be able to handle the build.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Well my stock AT is already slipping so its only a matter of time before i have to upgrade it anyways. I do not see the argument that its not going to hold up, Enrita say's his is working great.

The flatlining is all tuning based I believe, like you said, so Im sure we will have some smart people working on that as soon as these turbo's are released.
    Terry mentioned on n54tech he had found a way to improve AT shifts somehow.
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

People just don't seem to like that Sikh guy...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Its bc he usually has strong opinions...but that last comment didnt deserve for him to get a neg reg IMO....if anything he was genuine in the reply
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yeah repped him up a bit. Don't go with the flow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Thanks Guys!!!!! Hopefully I can finally get the 60-130 and 1/4mile numbers if the Trans upgrade goes well. This should be beneficial for everyone!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sikh335 Click here to enlarge
    Thanks Guys!!!!! Hopefully I can finally get the 60-130 and 1/4mile numbers if the Trans upgrade goes well. This should be beneficial for everyone!!
    Don't try to lay it on too thick, might backfire.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast