Close

Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,683
    Rep Points
    3,335.6
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

    Looking for a chronic 6AT flatliner for some testing..

    There's a few avenues we'd like to explore on the flash end with a 6AT car that is currently experiencing flatlines in timing.

    We'd need someone really meticulous with datalogging with access to a closed road that will allow for runs through 3rd, 4th and a bit into 5th.

    If your car currently suffers from chronic flatlining and you're up for it email me at dzenno@protuningfreaks.com. We'd need a few of your current logs with flatlines in them to get started.
    Click here to enlarge

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,199
    Rep Points
    1,800.3
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Incoming Email -- If you just PM'd me a complete list of what channels need to be data logged, I'll try to take some more as soon as weather permits
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Roanoke VA
    Posts
    1,632
    Rep Points
    2,248.3
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    6MT FTMFW!!! Seriously though guys, good luck with the flat lining issue. The AT guys have been dealing with it for too long.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    504
    Rep Points
    825.9
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Yes Reputation No
    I always wondered how much speed I lost with my timing flatlining in 4th even though I was trapping 118-119mph. Whenever I get another Cobb AP, I will surely come back to this thread and send an email.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 Click here to enlarge
    I always wondered how much speed I lost with my timing flatlining in 4th even though I was trapping 118-119mph. Whenever I get another Cobb AP, I will surely come back to this thread and send an email.
    my vbox testing indicates 1.5 mph in the quarter and 0.3 in the 60-130.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    453
    Rep Points
    662.4
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    I am going to the track tomorrow and can get you some logs from 3rd to 4th but obviously can't help from 4th to 5th. Will this information be useless to you?
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    404
    Rep Points
    419.1
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    my vbox testing indicates 1.5 mph in the quarter and 0.3 in the 60-130.
    @themyst
    What was your 60-130mph vbox time??
    A buddy let me borrow his Vbox and as soon as the weather breaks I will have some V-Box results of my XI...
    For Sale:

    - NX Express complete wet kit with Plug & Play fuel adapter for BMW 335i

    - FBO parts here LINK


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boosted-M Click here to enlarge
    @themyst
    What was your 60-130mph vbox time??
    A buddy let me borrow his Vbox and as soon as the weather breaks I will have some V-Box results of my XI...
    The best I ever did was a 9.39 with two shifts at redline because the map flatlined if I shifted at the proper points. There was much more in it though, I did that using Stage2+FMIC timing + meth + JB4 stack. With E85 timing with proper shift points, there are 8's in there.

    edit - on stock turbos.
    Last edited by themyst; 01-30-2013 at 03:36 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JStang Click here to enlarge
    I am going to the track tomorrow and can get you some logs from 3rd to 4th but obviously can't help from 4th to 5th. Will this information be useless to you?
    It's not useless if you shift the 3-4 at around 6100-6200 RPM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    453
    Rep Points
    662.4
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    I will get some logs tomorrow then. Should I just log the default settings? I will be running a PTF E45 map if that makes any difference here.
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JStang Click here to enlarge
    I will get some logs tomorrow then. Should I just log the default settings? I will be running a PTF E45 map if that makes any difference here.
    I would say add MAF WGDC to the log along with the default settings. Ask @dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks if they need anything else.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SoCal (OC/Riverside)
    Posts
    501
    Rep Points
    427.5
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    The best I ever did was a 9.39 with two shifts at redline because the map flatlined if I shifted at the proper points. There was much more in it though, I did that using Stage2+FMIC timing + meth + JB4 stack. With E85 timing with proper shift points, there are 8's in there.

    edit - on stock turbos.
    Damn someone need to let me borrow a VBOX in Socal!!! I think I can hit high 8s on stock turbo with E85 and PTF's map...Just need a VBOX
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,199
    Rep Points
    1,800.3
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Delete -- Thought we were talking 1/4 mile times, not 60-130
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    453
    Rep Points
    662.4
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    I just looked at a log from my last trip to the track and my cylinder 1 timing went to -11.62 after shifting into third and -18.75 after shifting into 4th. I am somewhat new when it comes to logs but I now see what you guys are talking about.

    Keep in mind that this was before we realized that the E85 quality I was using was complete $#@!. My last few logs were very clean (3rd gear pulls only). I also noticed that I am close to the end of 4th by the end of the 1/4 mile so I will go a few feet longer and get a 5th gear shift tomorrow. Hopefully this helps you guys!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,683
    Rep Points
    3,335.6
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JStang Click here to enlarge
    I am going to the track tomorrow and can get you some logs from 3rd to 4th but obviously can't help from 4th to 5th. Will this information be useless to you?
    If you're 6AT definitely send them in. I have a feeling you're 6MT though and they're not affected.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JStang Click here to enlarge
    I will get some logs tomorrow then. Should I just log the default settings? I will be running a PTF E45 map if that makes any difference here.
    Just default settings for now yes.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JStang Click here to enlarge
    I just looked at a log from my last trip to the track and my cylinder 1 timing went to -11.62 after shifting into third and -18.75 after shifting into 4th. I am somewhat new when it comes to logs but I now see what you guys are talking about.

    Keep in mind that this was before we realized that the E85 quality I was using was complete $#@!. My last few logs were very clean (3rd gear pulls only). I also noticed that I am close to the end of 4th by the end of the 1/4 mile so I will go a few feet longer and get a 5th gear shift tomorrow. Hopefully this helps you guys!
    Through the shift (i.e. as the car is going from one gear to the next) the timing will go negative, that's normal. Its after the shift that the timing stays low to negative throughout the 5th gear pull.
    Click here to enlarge

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    453
    Rep Points
    662.4
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    I am 6AT. I just emailed you two logs and will send a couple more on Friday assuming I make it to the track.
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,683
    Rep Points
    3,335.6
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34



    Yes Reputation No
    Got them. Thanks!
    Click here to enlarge

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,199
    Rep Points
    1,800.3
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Think we're making some progress Click here to enlarge
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,818
    Rep Points
    31,802.8
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Did you get your person?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •