Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Datalog, constant boost offthrottle

Hey everyone, i did a quick datalog of my car to check if there was any codes, and i noticed that i am having a constant 1.8 psi of boost, even at idle and off- throttle. I thought i should be seeing vacuum? Could a wastegate be partially blocked from the v-band clamp position on an incorrect DP install? Or is this normal?

If logs are needed id be happy to go take some actual 3rd gear pulls.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Im on Stage 1 Procede 9-10 Aggressive maps, fyi
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    hmmm... just curious but is it showing u t building boost via the in car gauges as well?
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    hmmm... just curious but is it showing u t building boost via the in car gauges as well?
    Ive never tried to use it, ill have to check. It shows up under the data-log graphs and the computer screen while sitting there at idle. I just remember the guy from @ar design describing the v-band clamps will block the actuators if installed incorrectly, and i have a feeling this is the problem....
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    what your saying definitely sounds plausible... have u made any wg adjustements?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    what your saying definitely sounds plausible... have u made any wg adjustements?
    Yes, i switched it between 30% to 90%. No change, still 1.8 PSI being built. Althought 30%-90% has major changes in wastegate rattle. 30% has bad rattle at start-up only, 50% has it anytime i touch the throttle, and 70-90% is only in second gear for a second when i transition into boost.... Its odd...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not sure if the procede ever added a baro compensator feature to zero out their absolute boost sensor reading. If so it may just be your baro is higher thus the 2psi reading at idle. If it was lower then you'd get negative boost at idle.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Not sure if the procede ever added a baro compensator feature to zero out their absolute boost sensor reading. If so it may just be your baro is higher thus the 2psi reading at idle. If it was lower then you'd get negative boost at idle.
    Now im reading a -0.1- -0.3 at idle. Is this normal????
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This was my other thought... something is reading wrong.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If i was you i would hook up a mechanical vacuum gauge and see if you're getting the usual negative 8psi-10psi at idle. If you are, then you know it's just the PROcede reading funny.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Only a separate boost guage would tell u the true reading.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eric335 Click here to enlarge
    Now im reading a -0.1- -0.3 at idle. Is this normal????
    Check with vishnu as I don't know how the software is setup. But, if it's not zerod for baro then it could be normal behavior.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Check with vishnu as I don't know how the software is setup. But, if it's not zerod for baro then it could be normal behavior.
    Thanks for the advice everyone! I sent vishnu an email, lets see when i hear back.... lol I reset the adaptions and changed to map 1 (i was on map 2) and the car ran great, not too much rattle (although its still there...)
    Click here to enlarge