Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Adrian is the programmer for all those procede firmware updates you guys get. Click here to enlarge
    I know him, but I don't know why the fact that he does programming for Vishnu means that they are not buddies. I don't get those fws, so I'm not aware of any hidden info about their relationships the fws would expose...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pits200 Click here to enlarge
    I have vishnu products and my car runs fine on the most recent maps so let's not use one persons example of bad logs become a bashing event. You guys hate the bs and drama on the other board but you're doing the same thing here based off one persons logs. If anything my car runs too rich in the higher rpms.
    Not at all. There is probably a dozen posts on the other forum regarding the same issue on the 9-23 maps. In a couple instances, going back to the old firmware and maps solved the issue. Some cases it did not. I'm one of the few people here still running a procede, so I do try and keep up with the issues and solutions.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    I know him, but I don't know why the fact that he does programming for Vishnu means that they are not buddies. I don't get those fws, so I'm not aware of any hidden info about their relationships the fws would expose...
    My point is the lack of firmware updates to resolve these chronic issues.

I remember the $#@!storm that ensued when shiv tried in vain to make the procede fuel as well as a flash.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    Could be, definitely isn't normal. what fuel?
    93 octane gas.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blisstik Click here to enlarge
    Do you have the BMS DP fix? Is it possible both o2 sensors go bad at the same time?
    Not to my knowledge... I have had the car since Feb. with JB4. I also had meth/JB4 since May, although no meth now with the Procede. I didn't have any issues on the JB4 though. I will check though. As for the o2's they read fine when cruising.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    I'm gonna ask the obvious question if no one else does it.
    Why did you switch from a JB4 to a Procede?

Easiest solution to all your problems IMO is to switch back to your old JB4 and watch all your recently acquired engine problems disappear.
    It was part of the package, I am installing the VFF700 kit next weekend assuming it arrives by then. Want to get this straightened out by then...

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    The problem is the maps and shiv wont admit it. Its funny that a lot of these "lean" issues came with the newer map revisions, just around the time that the procedeflash came about. Try reverting to the older "Agressive" maps, I still run these with little issue. If they are off the vishnu site, I have copies of them.
    PM incoming.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eric335 Click here to enlarge
    I have a quick question OP: With that WGPos dont you get horrible wastegate rattle?
    No not really, although that would be the least of my problems....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Maybe you will get support with the single turbo? Also... good luck! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

My point is the lack of firmware updates to resolve these chronic issues.

I remember the $#@!storm that ensued when shiv tried in vain to make the procede fuel as well as a flash.
    I've been curious about the rumored piggyback's ability to flash the DME. I guess it could be possible theoretically, but it won't happen unless Adrian or someone at Haltech makes it happen. I haven't seen anything about it in Haltech's site or forums, so it could be just hot air.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

I've been curious about the rumored piggyback's ability to flash the DME. I guess it could be possible theoretically, but it won't happen unless Adrian or someone at Haltech makes it happen. I haven't seen anything about it in Haltech's site or forums, so it could be just hot air.
    Lol would u trust the Procede to flash your DME when it can't even run a simple checksum verification for regular firmware updates?

I don't understand why shiv can't do a simple writeup on how to use Cobb with the Procede. The value you'd lose reselling Cobb is next to nothing. Probably less than the 100 + shipping costs back and forth people would pay getting the vishnu flash.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Oh, why?
    Adrian is probably sick of doing all the real work and Shiv taking all the credit. I would be.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Lol would u trust the Procede to flash your DME when it can't even run a simple checksum verification for regular firmware updates?

I don't understand why shiv can't do a simple writeup on how to use Cobb with the Procede. The value you'd lose reselling Cobb is next to nothing. Probably less than the 100 + shipping costs back and forth people would pay getting the vishnu flash.
    I am not sure the reason, but I asked if I could just purchase a cobb to do their DME flash and they said they had someone that tried that it and didn't go to well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TCW Click here to enlarge
    I am not sure the reason, but I asked if I could just purchase a cobb to do their DME flash and they said they had someone that tried that it and didn't go to well.
    More politics at play. Ill just leave it at that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Cobb works fine with the procede. My only concern is that older units used to still apply a bias even in passthorugh mode, a sort of "stock AFR emulation" I imagine. I've asked a couple times whether v5 had a TRUE passthrough, but alas no responce.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

The Cobb pro setup is great for supporting remote flash tuning. I wish it was less expensive, but given the resale value users don't loose much long term with it. The real benefit is being able to make and test various flash tuning changes without requiring customers to ship their DME in.

In theory you can flash with any can device but it's simply not practical given the risks of bricking the DME and work involved on the programming end.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Cobb works fine with the procede. My only concern is that older units used to still apply a bias even in passthorugh mode, a sort of "stock AFR emulation" I imagine. I've asked a couple times whether v5 had a TRUE passthrough, but alas no responce.
    Just remove the small black subconnector which has the o2 sensor biasing on it. Problem solved. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Adrian is probably sick of doing all the real work and Shiv taking all the credit. I would be.
    I miss Adrian around the forums. Definitely my kind of guy. You don't come by embedded design guys who also enjoy modifying cars often. It's unfortunate Shiv snatched him up back in the day. Click here to enlarge

Speaking of which it seems like its been a month or two since I saw Shiv on the forums. Maybe he switched over to turbo ford motors now? lol
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Speaking of which it seems like its been a month or two since I saw Shiv on the forums.
    He was browsing the other day. His ego doesn't allow him to ignore what is posted here. Awesome.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

It also applied 2 degrees of cps offset even with ignition correction set to 0.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Just remove the small black subconnector which has the o2 sensor biasing on it. Problem solved. Click here to enlarge
    You also need to remove cps wires.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

I miss Adrian around the forums. Definitely my kind of guy. You don't come by embedded design guys who also enjoy modifying cars often. It's unfortunate Shiv snatched him up back in the day. Click here to enlarge

Speaking of which it seems like its been a month or two since I saw Shiv on the forums. Maybe he switched over to turbo ford motors now? lol
    Speaking of ecoboost you should get into that market.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Shiv said that because he wants to be damn sure he gets that $100.

I know of at least 3 people running the PROcede as, basically, a boost controller on top of Cobb and it's working very well for them.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

It was part of the package, I am installing the VFF700 kit next weekend assuming it arrives by then. Want to get this straightened out by the
    If a big bucks ST customer can't get a reply what can a basic tune buyer expect from them?
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Lol, good approach but I like to run slightly different AFRs on and off meth.
    You also need to remove cps wires.
    Only if you dont want to retard/advance timing via the piggy. I'd personally run lower targets in the Cobb and still play with a few degrees via piggy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Lol, good approach but I like to run slightly different AFRs on and off meth. Only if you dont want to retard/advance timing via the piggy. I'd personally run lower targets in the Cobb and still play with a few degrees via piggy.
    Problem is the Procede will retard cps even if you don't want it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Speaking of ecoboost you should get into that market.
    We considered it. Jon owns an F150 eco boost and we played around with a piggyback tune for it. But the problem is flash tuning is only $300 and makes about the same power. And the piggyback we were working on didn't have any CAN features. So there is not much of a market at least at the moment.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

We considered it. Jon owns an F150 eco boost and we played around with a piggyback tune for it. But the problem is flash tuning is only $300 and makes about the same power. And the piggyback we were working on didn't have any CAN features. So there is not much of a market at least at the moment.
    Yeah american parts and software are cheap. Yay domestic!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Problem is the Procede will retard cps even if you don't want it.
    Ah, right. Another thing that should be clarified. My mistake. @JoshBoody can you clear up either statement from your stack setup?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast