Close

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Interior is just typical BMW. Not bad, simple, elegant.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ehhh i don't see the hatchback reference....

The car has a great stance to it, real nice balance with the wheel wells, windows, pillars and lines. Looks fast. I hope it is.

I cant imagine how nice this will look with some wheels, a lip, tint and coilovers. I don't think merc or audi's current lineup looks anything close to as good as this car.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There is nothing wrong with using the N55 head. Ports are a great design. My sources tell me the power is low but the peak power band is forever. Let's see it's around the corner.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    exterior is awesome... interior sucks, I really don't think it's accurate... that shifter and steering wheel is terrible and the gauges and trims dont make much sense
    It's the Concept 4 series interior. The M3/M4 will have the same steering wheel though, just like the M6.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    THEY PUT THE CUPHOLDERS IN THE RIGHT PLACE!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by trufus Click here to enlarge
    THEY PUT THE CUPHOLDERS IN THE RIGHT PLACE!
    Ew, they put cup holders... The only thing those are useful for it holding your beers as you drive across the Bay Bridge for a night out. The other 99.9% of the time they waste space. So I am glad the e9x ones fold up. I think these concept ones are hideous. They are also in a horrible position unless you drive an automatic, and didn't they stop installing open top cup holders in the 90s? They just collect dirt and $#@! in the bottom.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    The only thing those are useful for it holding your beers as you drive across the Bay Bridge for a night out.
    True. And they won't even hold a 40 oz.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ew, they put cup holders... The only thing those are useful for it holding your beers as you drive across the Bay Bridge for a night out. The other 99.9% of the time they waste space. So I am glad the e9x ones fold up. I think these concept ones are hideous. They are also in a horrible position unless you drive an automatic, and didn't they stop installing open top cup holders in the 90s? They just collect dirt and $#@! in the bottom.
    I'm not a fan of the retractable ones. When the holder is in front of the stick it doesn't seem like they'd be in the way unless you've got a 72 oz mega coke in there, then you might have other problems.

You can clean them out more often than once a year if you don't want dirt in there...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The steering wheel & iDrive are the only 2 major changes for the interior, and I personally love them. The exterior is disgusting. I like the front end, but I'm with LM that the body is too stretched & that the back end has way too much slant back to it. The E46 body style was perfect proportionally & the E92 was on the same page, but the F32 is getting too BMW "GT" for my taste
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Another thing to realize is that 1/4 mile is where you're under full boost for only a couple seconds and in most cases turbos are being pushed way out of their efficiency. This isn't what BMW is intending the M3 for. At the road course you're not always under boost and you're giving that water time to cool through the heat exchanger in between on-boost runs.
    I would have to disagree about the road course part. If your on a GP track or any big track you will be in the high rpms through out most of the track and would not get as much time for the heat exchanger to cool the water. Most people do limp at the road course due to heat. i would think ATA cooling would be more efficient for the track.
    08 335i | Space Gray | Burl Walnut Wood Trim | Sport pkg | Premium Pkg | LOGIC7 | Navi | Comfort Access

| COBB | Injen DCI | Active Autowerke | Sonic Tuning | E92 Lighting | ER | HKS | BMS |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    $5 the m3 has

a small electric compressor spooling the turbo from idle

it would make it a dream.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    I hear you, but I think your really selling the car short before it even comes out. The m5 doesn't worry me, it's not engineered to appeal to a m3 buyer. This new m3/m4 won't just have more tq, it should be faster, better handling, nicer interior/exterior, better technology, hopefully a all around better car. I think people should relax and see what happens here. You never know, the engine in this new m could blow away the current s65 in everything (hp/tq, mpg, responsiveness, etc.)
    You are right, I am... I am curious to see what happens, so I will hope for the best. I was letdown with the new M5, and am kinda seeing them go the same direction with the next M3, but you are 100% right, it could be a bad ass car - and I shouldn't hate on something that doesn't exist yet.

I think I am just looking for that "excuse" to jump in a 911 next time I shop around. Click here to enlarge

Cheers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    $5 the m3 has

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qCd6Lx7pE

That's cool stuff - I wonder if that's what they are shooting for... I wonder how much energy it costs to spin up a turbo like that/how long the electricity can spin that thing for.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    $5 the m3 has

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qCd6Lx7pE

Why do you think that's an electric turbo? Hint: its not.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Also, there is no way in hell an OE mass market car is coming from the factory with that kind of antilag. I wish though. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why do you think that's an electric turbo? Hint: its not.
    It is, i can provide more info if you like

it's an electric compressor injecting compressed air into it from idle.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    That's cool stuff - I wonder if that's what they are shooting for... I wonder how much energy it costs to spin up a turbo like that/how long the electricity can spin that thing for.
    I hope so lol

probably a lot and probably not for too long, but it doesnt have to run for long, and the altenator can provide a good amount of power for it down low.. It doesn't have to flow much air either, since its only a low rpm thing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It is, i can provide more info if you like

it's an electric compressor injecting compressed air into it from idle.
    Please provide more. This exact same car was an external combustion antilag system last time I checked.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Please provide more. This exact same car was an external combustion antilag system last time I checked.
    5mins lol

it dowsn't in this setup, or youd here all the popping and banging

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    5mins lol

it dowsn't in this setup, or youd here all the popping and banging
    http://www.motoiq.com/magazine_artic...ag-teaser.aspx

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah i read that one (which would also be cool), i found another one that said it was electric :/Was on my computer though, trouble finding on phone

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I think I am just looking for that "excuse" to jump in a 911 next time I shop around. Click here to enlarge

Cheers.
    I know the feeling, I'd say the 911turbo is worth it just for the wing that comes up in speeds over 120kmh, I love seeing it pop up Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You are right, I am... I am curious to see what happens, so I will hope for the best. I was letdown with the new M5, and am kinda seeing them go the same direction with the next M3, but you are 100% right, it could be a bad ass car - and I shouldn't hate on something that doesn't exist yet.

Cheers.
    Oh yea I hear ya, I love the 911, get one!
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    I know the feeling, I'd say the 911turbo is worth it just for the wing that comes up in speeds over 120kmh, I love seeing it pop up Click here to enlarge
    damn, I cant see the wing pop up on my Cayman when driving. :-\
    Current: '00 S2000
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pho_e92 Click here to enlarge
    I would have to disagree about the road course part. If your on a GP track or any big track you will be in the high rpms through out most of the track and would not get as much time for the heat exchanger to cool the water. Most people do limp at the road course due to heat. i would think ATA cooling would be more efficient for the track.
    Limping at the track is a separate topic as that water/coolant wouldn't be used for cooling the air/water coolers. Limp also involves oil temps.

The other thing is its one thing to be in the high rpms AND high boost vs just high RPM not much boost or boost where the tune is appropriately adjusted to run turbos in their efficiency.

IMHO there is no way to simplify it to the level of air to air is BETTER than air/water. There are way too many variables in answering that question correctly. Best you could ever answer with is, well, it depends Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast