Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Exclamation LSB VF STG2 Repair Project!

Mohanad contacted me through Nawaf ( HPF STG 2 EB M3 on these forums) because he had taken his car to another garage to install his VF STG 2. They did a very poor job and there was also a lot of preventative maintenance like oil leaks etc that should have been taken care off. Also the car has a over heating problem that we will be looking into it thoroughly. This has been one of his big issues too.....

Here are some pics......

Major Leaks! Hose clamps ot fitted right! No wonder the cars losing power!
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

The valve cover breather hose pinched between the SC manifold and cowel.....
    Click here to enlarge

Throttle body silicone hoses 3mm off and leaking air big time! First of all the installer should have noticed that the kit came off an 05 M3 and the silicone couplings are different between the 02 and 05.....
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Nice GT3 Rep seats......
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

CF CSL boot lid not aligned and leaking water when car is washed!
    Click here to enlarge

I will be working to fix Mohanads Car as it is a big challenge for me to always have to fix other installers mistakes.

The first plan of action is the over heating issue. I will ordering a fan controller as we already have the Spal electric fan ready to go in.

Once the over heating issue is solved I will be reinstalling the SC kit and getting the new Mafless tune for the kit from VF.

I will keep this thread updated as the work is done.......
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Now the car is in good hands!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    Now the car is in good hands!
    Thanks bro, but I told the owner to thank me after i finish it and restore the power and solve the over heating blah blah blah! So much neglect! GOD! It so sad.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Those TB hoses are the right size, they are that way on all the kits, you just have to clamp them down. Good luck fixing it, I agree with Mike, I think he's in good hands as well now, feel free to PM me if you can't get a hold of VF, if you have any questions.
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Those seats are gorgeous.

Why weren't the hoses clamped down? I don't get it, that is pretty basic.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    those seats are very nice! always loved that color (LSB)
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DLSJ5 Click here to enlarge
    Those TB hoses are the right size, they are that way on all the kits, you just have to clamp them down. Good luck fixing it, I agree with Mike, I think he's in good hands as well now, feel free to PM me if you can't get a hold of VF, if you have any questions.
    Bro, I a sure i saw in the instructions that they are supposed to be different, Thanks for clarifying it though. I will look at them once again when i start removing the kit. I will def PM you when i need some help. Cheers.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Those seats are gorgeous.

Why weren't the hoses clamped down? I don't get it, that is pretty basic.
    Cos the previous installers thought they were MASTERS at this stuff but i guess not. Well here is ANOTHER example of people ripping other people off.........
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    After looking over the car (literally just standing there looking over it!) We decided in order to determine the over heating issue we will HAVE to pull everything apart and put it all back together repairing things on the way like bottom gasket etc and then once everything has been installed properly we can do a road test and then actually determine where the heat prob is happening. Also i'll be doing a fresh oil change and using TWS as usual. I have many theories as to the issues with this car and I'll be going through them one by one. There are so MANY leaks its not even funny! I don't even know where to start! This is the first time i feel so confused working on a car........

(The above is just some inner thoughts going around in my head. i shared this so that I want people to understand how i work on cars!)
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    There are so MANY leaks its not even funny!
    That car looked like it was a mess, kudos to you for sorting out. I can't believe there are shops out there that do that kind of work and charge people. I'm not even a mechanic, or run a mechanic shop and I do better work in my garage with basic hand tools.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bro, it didnt LOOKED it still LOOKS! Click here to enlarge LOL

We will start on it very soon...... most probably on saturday.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

UPDATE:

Ok we have been delayed with this car because when we looked in more detail at the over heating etc we found out that engine and head was a goner! We sourced a clean used motor and swapped it in (thats what took time + the master techs on vacation till the 28th of sept). At the same time we also discovered a new clutch was needed, so parts ordered are:

New Clutch (arrived)
    Various OEM parts
    Spal fan controller
    0-60 flat bottom leather steering wheel

I will update the thread once the master tech is back from vacation at the end of the month.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Where did you source the clean motor from?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Where did you source the clean motor from?
    From a friend and customer in Dubai Click here to enlarge

THANK YOU SAMER Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    UPDATE:

Sorry for the lack of updates cos there wasnt much going on as the Master tech was on vacation for a month. So I used this time to order all the parts that we needed, Everything arrived, only thing is the steering wheel....that'll be another 2 weeks......

So the engines back in along with the gearbox and new clutch and all OEM new parts. Also the electric fan controller will be installed and clutch fan removed. By wednesday we should have the car up and running and ready for a test drive. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    UPDATE

Well guys we had a problem while trying to bleed the SMG and it took almost 20 tries with the GT1 and now its great and working normally. Master Tech started the car up and said it sounded awesome and the engine felt like it was very very strong! Great news! Tomorrow we'll be doing a test drive and i'll be posting pics of the amazing install my tech has done! Wait till you see his attention to detail in eliminating vacum leaks! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    UPDATE

Well guys we had a problem while trying to bleed the SMG and it took almost 20 tries with the GT1 and now its great and working normally. Master Tech started the car up and said it sounded awesome and the engine felt like it was very very strong! Great news! Tomorrow we'll be doing a test drive and i'll be posting pics of the amazing install my tech has done! Wait till you see his attention to detail in eliminating vacum leaks! Click here to enlarge
    Cool, looking forward to the pics of the work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for your support sticky. The car will be restored back to its former beauty. Wait'll i detail it and take some shots.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

UPDATE:

Engine installed and putting back the SC and Manifold etc.......
    Click here to enlarge

Everything installed back.........
    Click here to enlarge

New stronger clamps installed all around! These will assure no vacum leaks!

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

The rear supercharger bracket stabelizer wasnt installed previously!!!!!! We made sure WE Installed it!

Click here to enlarge

Old Damaged Engine

Click here to enlarge

Stable Cold start idle and everything normal..........

Click here to enlarge

Once we had done a couple of test runs the cars water and oil temps were just a tad higher than normal but once we flushed the water out of the radiator and used the water wetter and BMW Coolant and water the temps were normal even under hard driving! Click here to enlarge Electric was installed after wards and further dropped temps and the car runs pretty good for now. I dont trust the old VF MAF tune and VF told me their completely new mafless tune will be released next month so i'll be doing the update for the customers ECU then....More to come soon......
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    New mafless tune next month huh? That should be interesting, hopefully they deliver.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    New mafless tune next month huh? That should be interesting, hopefully they deliver.
    Yeah, they need it for sure!!!!!!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A little slow in response, but it does appear they have been listening to customers. My guess would have been they were stuck in some kind of agreement with GIAC. I was always impressed the most with their hardware and simplicity in approach. A good tune and VF may find itself back on top of the S/C market for E46 M3's.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ccsykes Click here to enlarge
    A little slow in response, but it does appear they have been listening to customers.
    After how many years?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ccsykes Click here to enlarge
    My guess would have been they were stuck in some kind of agreement with GIAC.
    You may be correct but then why would they use them again for the E92?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Na. VF won't make a come back. Most s54 guys are just going hpf nowadays. AA would be second. HPF is killing it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here's the email I got from Nik a few days ago:

"We are going to release our 2nd generation software which is totally
    different to our existing software.

We have listened to our customer feedback on the forum and off the forum
    over the last 12 months and re-written our software.

These changes in our software will represent a big change in our
    software approach and will bring our software upto the same quality
    standards that our hardware is well known for.

We will announce this release sometime in the next few months in the
    form of a press release on the internet forums and our website and how
    to obtain the update."
    VF Stage 2 S/C, Supersprint muffler, Stett Performance headers, Custom Performance Rasp Eliminator and Race Cats, GTR hood, 19" SSR GT3's, Bridgestone RE-11's, PSS9 coilovers, Eibach Sways, Powerflex RTABS, Angel Eyes, Smoked Depos
    Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast