Close

Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    No worries, but not sure I am bringing out the big hp CLK for an un-timed event. Probably just going to run the 800 hp C BS
    Awww dont be a girl! lol jk..... i will bring my Vbox, and bam your have trap speed Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by keikdasneak Click here to enlarge
    Awww dont be a girl! lol jk..... i will bring my Vbox, and bam your have trap speed Click here to enlarge
    I have a couple V Boxes, but thanks for the offer. I just thought it was an all out top speed event. Honestly do not think I will be running the CLK now.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have a couple V Boxes, but thanks for the offer. I just thought it was an all out top speed event. Honestly do not think I will be running the CLK now.
    I don't really see why not. But your car whatever you want to do.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    your just scurred and found an excuse

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    your just scurred and found an excuse
    No, I just see absolutely no point in running the car in a race that there is no guarantee that the guy next to you leaves at the right time or the correct speed. Furthermore the car is in1/4 mile trim, for this event I was going to have to switch out all my suspension, reconnect sway bars and install my aero gear and considering I have a 1/4 mile event scheduled a couple days later I might as well just leave it in 1/4 trim and not mess with it now considering event is not timed. I will have fun with the 800hp car and in fact it appears there is a lot of competition in the 650-800 hp range.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No, I just see absolutely no point in running the car in a race that there is no guarantee that the guy next to you leaves at the right time or the correct speed. Furthermore the car is in1/4 mile trim, for this event I was going to have to switch out all my suspension, reconnect sway bars and install my aero gear and considering I have a 1/4 mile event scheduled a couple days later I might as well just leave it in 1/4 trim and not mess with it now considering event is not timed. I will have fun with the 800hp car and in fact it appears there is a lot of competition in the 650-800 hp range.
    Yep my car and i will smoke you and then we will smoke cigars. lol jk man. You got two bad ass cars regardless...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    how many roll ons have you attended? i dont misunderstand your intent for a time, but a roll on head-head race is just that. your competing against the other guy. a time is just a time and purely about the car. its more wimpy than a drag race in that regard. I dont see how a 1/2 mile mph is relevant to anything anyway. its not the 1/4, and its not the mile. I kinda understand if you wanted it for a marketing perspective, but as an enthusiast to see what cars you stack up against, the head-head way more fun

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    but as an enthusiast to see what cars you stack up against, the head-head way more fun
    Yep and roll on race vids are the best.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yep and roll on race vids are the best.
    I guess we enjoy different things. I like black and white, no grey area, this type of racing is nothing but grey area IMO. I either want to leave on the same light as the guy in the lane next to me or have our trap speeds timed at the back end. Those two scenerios are the only way to call out a clear winner PERIOD! Sorry guys, this just does not float my boat. Differnt strokes for different folks I guess. I will run the C but not risking running the CLK for the same type of race I could have running down the expressway.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I guess we enjoy different things. I like black and white, no grey area, this type of racing is nothing but grey area IMO. I either want to leave on the same light as the guy in the lane next to me or have our trap speeds timed at the back end. Those two scenerios are the only way to call out a clear winner PERIOD! Sorry guys, this just does not float my boat. Differnt strokes for different folks I guess. I will run the C but not risking running the CLK for the same type of race I could have running down the expressway.
    Sounds like you are more of a drap strip type of guy then. I just like racing people.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sounds like you are more of a drap strip type of guy then. I just like racing people.
    Same here... To me most the guys with high power cars don't like drag racing. Roll racing and mile runs are what most people do now. 1/4 is blah to me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    how many roll ons have you attended? i dont misunderstand your intent for a time, but a roll on head-head race is just that. your competing against the other guy. a time is just a time and purely about the car. its more wimpy than a drag race in that regard. I dont see how a 1/2 mile mph is relevant to anything anyway. its not the 1/4, and its not the mile. I kinda understand if you wanted it for a marketing perspective, but as an enthusiast to see what cars you stack up against, the head-head way more fun
    How does this type of run prove anything? No way to determine if someone left early, no way to determine trap speed thus no way to call out a clear victor. Not going to risk popping a motor or getting taken out on what is essentially a glorified Mexico run that I could do down any expressway with a speedometer app or a v box.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Actually more of a road race guy to be honest. I love to race, I race anything and everything, I will race $#@!ing scooters and crash one trying to win, just not sure how this can be called a race....are we gonna leave on the third honk of the horn??? lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well one of them is Steve's car from Weistec...and I suspect he is sandbagging with his numbers.
    Wait, are these crank or wheel horsepower figures lol?!

Steve @ Weistec
    Click here to enlarge
    Home of the World's Fastest Mercedes

CONNECT WITH US
    www.Weistec.com
    Sales@Weistec.com

Instagram
    Facebook

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Weistec Click here to enlarge
    Wait, are these crank or wheel horsepower figures lol?!

Steve @ Weistec
    Sandbagger, Lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How does this type of run prove anything? No way to determine if someone left early, no way to determine trap speed thus no way to call out a clear victor. Not going to risk popping a motor or getting taken out on what is essentially a glorified Mexico run that I could do down any expressway with a speedometer app or a v box.
    You run. You put car lengths on someone. You win.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Actually more of a road race guy to be honest. I love to race, I race anything and everything, I will race $#@!ing scooters and crash one trying to win, just not sure how this can be called a race....are we gonna leave on the third honk of the horn??? lol
    You can do that or just go at the marker...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    have you watched any of the gtboard videos? or shift3factor vids? most the time everyone leaves at the same time once they pass the cones. I have yet to see anyone have a problem yet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    CLK is registered, might even throw it in the trailer with the C and haul it out to the event but highly unlikely I will be running it now and if do it will only be against my C or Steves E63.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    CLK is registered, might even throw it in the trailer with the C and haul it out to the event but highly unlikely I will be running it now and if do it will only be against my C or Steves E63.
    No worries, you'll have fun at this event regardless.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's better than you think, it comes down to driving too besides leaving the cones on time. It's pretty fun I would really enjoy seeing your CLK run at the event.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i guess you never just wanted to compare what you have to others..? er, cars i mean... because the stronger car will pull, it takes traction out of it, for the most part. a cheater is a cheater either way, but again, the hp wins so either your going to lose, or your going to win regardless of the start, and if you beat the cheater, its just that much more fun anyway.

for instance, you can watch this whole thing, or skip to 3:45 for cheaters

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i guess you never just wanted to compare what you have to others..? er, cars i mean... because the stronger car will pull, it takes traction out of it, for the most part. a cheater is a cheater either way, but again, the hp wins so either your going to lose, or your going to win regardless of the start, and if you beat the cheater, its just that much more fun anyway.

for instance, you can watch this whole thing, or skip to 3:45 for cheaters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm0Du...H5vfcw&index=6
    Cool vid.....cheaters suck! Pretty sweet that that event was at a drag strip, probably hooked much better than this airstrip is going to hook up.

I just assumed this was going to be structured more like the Texas Mile or the Wanna Go Fast 1/2 mile event I registered for in Chicago where MPH is king and the only thing that matters.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cool vid.....cheaters suck! Pretty sweet that that event was at a drag strip, probably hooked much better than this airstrip is going to hook up.

I just assumed this was going to be structured more like the Texas Mile or the Wanna Go Fast 1/2 mile event I registered for in Chicago where MPH is king and the only thing that matters.
    actually not, if you were to watch the whole video, im sliding everywhere and every car there had issues, it was a 30* day. great air, horrible traction. i dont think they even prepped the track at all.

an airfiled will be 10x better than this. this was in fact a bad day. no track prep, very very short roll distance, no burnouts allowed, and the run was only a 1320, o the same 1/4 mile, but from about 40mph start. Thats not a real roll on from previous experience, your gonna want 1500-2k feet. a start at 40-50 and 1500ft is about the shortest i would go, conversely, longer than 2k feet and your $#@!in flyin and better have at least 2x runoff distance

I think your gonna have more fun than you think if you have a competitive nature.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think your gonna have more fun than you think if you have a competitive nature.
    i am very competetive, that's why I do not like this format. Like I said earlier I like black and white, I want a way to be able to measure a clear and decisive victory/loss. Just watching your vid proves my point.
    Click here to enlarge

Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast