Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G.I.Joe Click here to enlarge
    I'm not sure I understand your question? There's no doubt in my mind the sound is coming from the Quaife diff, so I think we agree?
    That would be the most logical explanation, I've seen/heard this in plenty Quaife equipped fwd vehicles,but there's a million variables/possibilities to every little thing I'm learning(the hard way), I explained other possibilities a few posts back. I wouldn't be overtly concerned unless it starts to change in pitch or intensity.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Quick update: I got to launch about 3 times with absolute success. Temps in the 50s and I made my struts on the rear 1 click stiffer. So it's at 5/9 on PSS9s (9 is softest). Gonna watch the game now.

GO PATS!

Click here to enlarge
    Rear left side

Click here to enlarge
    Rear right side

Click here to enlarge
    First launch around 3K RPM, 50F, nothing but tire noises, no wheel hop!

Click here to enlarge
    Taking a break Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Second launch around 4K RPM, 51F, no wheel hop!

Click here to enlarge
    Same photo as above!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blisstik Click here to enlarge
    Quick update: I got to launch about 3 times with absolute success. Temps in the 50s and I made my struts on the rear 1 click stiffer. So it's at 5/9 on PSS9s (9 is softest). Gonna watch the game now.

GO PATS!

Click here to enlarge
    Rear left side

Click here to enlarge
    Rear right side

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Same photo as above!
    Thank F#*@^$g god. Now I can sleep tonight.Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge sweeeet!!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Damn Rick, you have extreme OCD bro.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Damn Rick, you have extreme OCD bro.
    You are correct.I care about what I do with great intensity,sometimes it's a pain,but I try to make it work for me...Click here to enlarge I funnel all of it into work, I don't have "cycle the lights 4 times and exit room to the left" behavior or anything....lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

GO PATS!

Click here to enlarge
    Rear left side

Click here to enlarge
    Rear right side

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Same photo as above!
    Nice launch! ... if you have a vagina Click here to enlarge

today was a good day to test this out, you and i think alike.. info coming shortly Click here to enlarge

teaser
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Lol.... Thats def a aggressive launch^.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

I still want to see track results of launches not street results. I get zero wheel hop on the street on the 335is stock suspension. My experiences of some wheel hop are in the opposite of the OP. I would expereince more wheel hop in high temps. I love doing launches in lower temps, lots of grip and I get best 60'....weird

I guess everybodies case is different, and will have to dial in their suspension uniquely to get it resolved. So we cant really look at one persons experience to disregard a product. I still think the DEFIV product is worth though as a standard

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    I still want to see track results of launches not street results. I get zero wheel hop on the street on the 335is stock suspension. My experiences of some wheel hop are in the opposite of the OP. I would expereince more wheel hop in high temps. I love doing launches in lower temps, lots of grip and I get best 60'....weird

I guess everybodies case is different, and will have to dial in their suspension uniquely to get it resolved. So we cant really look at one persons experience to disregard a product. I still think the DEFIV product is worth though as a standard
    That is odd, because the worst offenders in regards to hop were stock suspension ones during testing.Tire compound vs suspension and irs components all obviously play a role, I'm not concerned so much about the dragstrip, almost all of my testing was done last summer and one of the cars had R888's on the back. Time will tell. From a geometry and failsafe against broken half and driveshafts, it's proven to make sense.The factory design has proven itself beyond inadequate under equal axle loading via lsd's/increased output. I'm not surprised that some "tweaking" may need to be done to extract the best results from each different setup, it applies to every performance oriented car depending on components used. Hopefully it stays as simple as coil over dampening adjustments..Believe me, no one is anticipating the racing season more than me...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Hahaha. As swipe.
    lol, i had to. i was already editing video when i ran across this Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Not surprised on the reimbursement. Pretty much no manufacturer will reimburse labor. Not sure why people are running these $700 diff coolers anyway with helical LSDs. I really don't think it provides a meaningful difference in anything. I run a finned cover with clutch LSD on my other car, but that's because the clutches make a lot of heat and the cover cost $90. If I needed a cooler on this platform, I would probably tap the OE cover and do an external cooler.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

@blisstik

In terms of coilovers and launches the absolute best setup in terms of dampers is to set the rear full hard and the front full soft. I've brought this up a couple times before as a guide to dialing them in for the launch and minimizing wheel hop. You want to promote weight transfer to the back of the car and not have the car squat and jump back/forth as IRS equalizes it during launch. You want the rear to stay planted and the front to lift as much as it can when you take off. Try it out let me know how it works out. I'm sure it'll be even better.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    @blisstik

In terms of coilovers and launches the absolute best setup in terms of dampers is to set the rear full hard and the front full soft. I've brought this up a couple times before as a guide to dialing them in for the launch and minimizing wheel hop. You want to promote weight transfer to the back of the car and not have the car squat and jump back/forth as IRS equalizes it during launch. You want the rear to stay planted and the front to lift as much as it can when you take off. Try it out let me know how it works out. I'm sure it'll be even better.
    Well put...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Are you guys running the M3 rear suspension bits? I find the stock stuff makes the car very unstable/uncontrollable even at the 430whp range. I would imagine stiffening it up would fix this a bit, but I think it is the stock rear guide rods deflecting. Does upgrading these improve stability and launchability?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

@dzenno: I'll try that out DZ with the E85 map, once I get a hold of the GoPro.

@rudypoochris: I am and so a lot of folks who went with an LSD. You need an aftermarket adjustable toe arms to dial-in the torque steer when launching as well. I'm running Megans.

P/S: F the Ravens. Ruining my damn day.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    Are you guys running the M3 rear suspension bits? I find the stock stuff makes the car very unstable/uncontrollable even at the 430whp range. I would imagine stiffening it up would fix this a bit, but I think it is the stock rear guide rods deflecting. Does upgrading these improve stability and launchability?
    In short, absolutely. Almost everything back there is stamped steel with trash bushings, M parts or at the very least a full Powerflex kit and "boxing" some components would be a very good thing to do.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G.I.Joe Click here to enlarge
    I'm not sure I understand your question? There's no doubt in my mind the sound is coming from the Quaife diff, so I think we agree?
    Yes, I thought you were pointing to something else so my misunderstanding we are in agreement.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

GO PATS!

Click here to enlarge
    Rear left side

Click here to enlarge
    Rear right side

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Same photo as above!
    Nicely done!!

Better than the Pats Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Can you speak a bit more to the toe arms @blisstik? How do you set them up to get more control? I think I am going to focus on suspension next. This car feels almost dangerous at 400+whp and stock sports suspension. Pretty difficult to control. So far I am thinking the rear guide rods were all I needed to at least get it tracking straight. Is this not the case?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

@rudypoochris: simply put, the stock toe arms are flimsy and when you go for an alignment, the toe is ONLY slightly adjustable. With aftermarket, it is stiffer and more importantly, you can dial-in proper toe settings to save your tires and make you launch straight. Alignment in the rear affects the front, which is why getting perfect toe is important.

I went with Megan's because they don't use ball joints at their ends, which will eventually make noise. These won't and they haven't for me. Had them for a while now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    Can you speak a bit more to the toe arms @blisstik ? How do you set them up to get more control? I think I am going to focus on suspension next. This car feels almost dangerous at 400+whp and stock sports suspension. Pretty difficult to control. So far I am thinking the rear guide rods were all I needed to at least get it tracking straight. Is this not the case?
    It'll probably help a great deal,although replacing the remainder of pieces with M parts is wise. The real magic comes in when a knowledgeable alignment tech sets it up for ideal tire contact under load. As the car squats,everything changes geometry wise, so limiting travel of any component including struts/springs,bushing play,etc will yield more favorable results.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Good review, Can't wait to get my kit
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast