Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Uiop Click here to enlarge
    You mean M3Post haha
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Same reaction.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think we are all puzzled by that comment.

THANK YOU ANDREW, ROB, CRAIG, ETC. @ ACTIVE! CAN"T WAIT! WILL POST MORE LATER JUST ABOUT TO DRIV RIGHT NOW.
    ​2014 F10 M5 Competition Alpine White / Sakhir Orange
    Undercover Custom Downpipes & Connector. BMS Stage 1. IND Cosmetics. OEM CF Perf Spoiler.

E92 M3 AA Gen 2 Lvl 3 586whp 398wtq SAE (sold)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VCMPower Click here to enlarge
    Whens your car coming down?
    May 13th perhaps? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Nice delivery from FedEx today Click here to enlarge. Everything was so well packed they I will just post a small teaser until Monday.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Undercover Custom Downpipes & Connector. BMS Stage 1. IND Cosmetics. OEM CF Perf Spoiler.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NikB316 Click here to enlarge
    Nice delivery from FedEx today Click here to enlarge. Everything was so well packed they I will just post a small teaser until Monday.
    Hell yeah!!!

Nice rug.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Haha. Didn't feel like lugging the box out of the foyer.

Only the finest persian silk graces my feet! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    cant wait to see it installed. I know youre going to love the additional power

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    2 things --- I think it's safe to assume the blower is in the box marked "Rotrex", but what's in the other box? Also, how's AA reflash your DME for the new Rotrex tune?
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    2 things --- I think it's safe to assume the blower is in the box marked "Rotrex", but what's in the other box? Also, how's AA reflash your DME for the new Rotrex tune?
    the other box is the redesigned FMIC and there is 3 ways he can get the DME retuned mail it to AA, simon hand handle, AA retailer with a flash centre

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VCMPower Click here to enlarge
    the other box is the redesigned FMIC and there is 3 ways he can get the DME retuned mail it to AA, simon hand handle, AA retailer with a flash centre
    Thanks -- I'm guessing the redesigned FMIC is more effective act cooling IATs & lower pressure drops across the core?

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks -- I'm guessing the redesigned FMIC is more effective act cooling IATs & lower pressure drops across the core?
    '

Yep and it is larger as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There's more to the upgrade as well - just want to wait to unpack everything since its all packed so well for transporting it to the shop Monday.

Everyone answered the questions so I guess I'll just mention that I have the Simon hand held tuner which is awesome. Anyone that is spending the money on a kit should definitely spend the couple hundred extra for it. Taking the ECU in and out is a pain plus downtime. The programmer is so easy to use too!

Andrew - please check your email if you get a minute my friend! A little time sensitive possibly...thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome -- Would def love to see this thing rip around in person (as a fellow Jersey resident)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Definitely! I'm cool with others taking my car for a spin too granted they know a thing or two about cars so everyone here is good to go! Where about in NJ are you? I live in Somerset County and after March 1st my business will have me in East Hanover and Wayne just about everyday.

BTW very true quote in your signature. Learned that life lesson a few years back.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Install is going to take a bit longer than expected and I have no time to pickup the car tomorrow or Wednesday Click here to enlarge

To be continued...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Definitely! I'm cool with others taking my car for a spin too granted they know a thing or two about cars so everyone here is good to go! Where about in NJ are you? I live in Somerset County and after March 1st my business will have me in East Hanover and Wayne just about everyday.

BTW very true quote in your signature. Learned that life lesson a few years back.
    Morristown, so East Hanover is right in my neck of the woods. Hopefully Parsippany will be able to have their car meets again this summer & you can bring your toy out. Hopefully the rest of the install goes smoothly.

And that quote is from the Senna documentary (HIGHLY recommend everyone that enjoys racing watch it). What really made that quote stand out was that it came from a phenomenal racecar driver & not some Wall Street businessman

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Nice! I'm just 20 min from Morristown anyway - I'm up over there quite a bit. I'll def check out the Senna documentary - sounds very interesting.

This is my "To be continued pic..."
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If anybody knows, I have the Senna documentary in .avi format with the subtitle. Just need an online drop box to share it Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Adaptions are cleared. Feels nasty on the street!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    PROGRESS

Just wanted to post an update as I want to share as much information as possible throughout the transformation.

INTRO

Got a nice call from MaximumPSI today that they managed to get everything up and running! I am waiting for a couple replacement parts but the car is up and running. I would like to give a HUGE THANK YOU to MaximumPSI in Linden. Mike and his team are the best I have encountered performance wise and I am very happy to have them working on my car. They solved potential issues with ease and pointed out and corrected mistakes made by the install shop that put on the HKS kit with the previous owner. Some of the things the old shop did are VERY questionable and I am happy I got the upgrade done now so Mike had a chance to look through the entire setup. I don't like bad mouthing places but just a picture of my old intercooler should say enough. I will try to snap a shot when I pick up my car.

THE GOOD STUFF

Mike called to tell me that my car is running GREAT and is quite a beast on the street. He managed to clear the adaptions and get the beast on the dyno! However, his dyno is indeed a heartbreaking one. Akash's Generation 1 AA kit put down 460whp on the dyno there and then put down 515-525whp on a DynoJet. Everyone who has had their car on the dyno there reports the same heart break. I will be getting my car on a DynoJet once I get it back as my 18" Volk TE37SL are on their way! I have a set of 19" OEM 220M wheels on at the moment. Additionally, my oxygen sensor isn't working properly and is being replaced by MaximumPSI tomorrow. I might be able to get the car on the same dyno after getting the sensor installed but it may not work out time wise. On to the graph!

Click here to enlarge

**Mikes Notes: "Ignore the squiggles at the end, that is from the dyno run measuring after we hit the limiter."

I am very happy with the results thus far and this is a very good indicator that the advertised figures are attainable. My previous kit was just under 440whp on this dyno with my 20" ADV1 5.1 Wheels on. I will continue to keep everyone posted with honest information and my driving impressions when I pickup the car. I will see a nice change as I will get to drive the car as is, then with the 18" Volks on and next week with the rear diff brace. A lot of fun stuff this month. I am considering some suspension work but we'll see as this month has been an expensive one...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I heard the car was damn beastly!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lets see how she runs with a new o2 sensor. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Reallllly hoping I can pick it up tomorrow! I think if its done by 1:00 I should be able to. Friday's weather is looking like 45-50 and sunny so that should be fun Click here to enlarge . Don't even start with Florida's weather Andrew lol. I remember when the women would bust out the fur coats when the cold front came in at 60 degrees!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast