Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Ontario: Track Days and Locations 2013

Hey Guys,
    Since a lot of us are into tracking, I am hoping to use this thread as a good discussion for organizing potential track events for 2013 and general tips and suggestions. Last year Cayuga has some wicked open lapping events and I wasn't able to get a lot of member out to the track(imagine a track all to yourself for the first 3 hours).

Lets get something going for this year.

Post road courses I may have forgot to mention.

West GTA
    1. Cayuga (Toronto Motorsport) [http://www.torontomotorsportspark.com/]
    2. Centralia Airport, North of London [Private event]

East GTA
    1. Shannonville Motorsport Park [http://www.shannonville.com/]
    2. Mosport International Raceway [http://www.canadiantiremotorsportpark.com/]

Here are some track dates some other members have combined :

April

Fri-Sat-Sun Apr 26 - 28th - BMWCC Trillium - CTMP, Ontario HPDE

May

Fri-Sat-Sun May 3 - 5th - AISA (Perry) - Calabogie, Ontario Racing Academy
    Mon May 20th - BMWCC Ottawa - Calabogie, Ontario HPDE
    Fri-Sat-Sun May 31 - Jun 2nd - BMWCC Trillium - CTMP, Ontario HPDE

June

Fri-Sat-Sun Jun 28 - 30th - BMWCC Trillium - CTMP, Ontario Club Race/HPDE?

July

Fri-Sat-Sun Jul 19 - 21st - BMWCC Ottawa - Calabogie, Ontario Club Race/HPDE

August

Fri Aug 2nd - ASE LC - Calabogie, Ontario Lapping w/ instruction
    Mon-Tue Aug 26 - 27th - Dixie Ford - Mosport (CTMP), Ontario Lapping w/ instruction

September

October

Fri-Sat-Sun Oct 4 - 6th - BMWCC Trillium - CTMP, Ontario HPDE
    Mon Oct 14th - ASE LC - Mosport (CTMP), Ontario Lapping w/ instruction

Lets have a good discussion here.
    Last edited by desi4life10; 01-16-2013 at 11:30 PM.
    07 338xi | TiAG | Premium Pkg | Carbon Fiber Trim Wrap | E90 | BMW Perf. Intake | BMW Perf. Exhaust | Active Autowerke Stage 2 | 3 Stage Intake Manifold | KW V1 | Euro Xenon Headlights | VMR V710 | Custom Car Coding |
    See my dyno results---> http://bimmerboost.com/showthread.ph...ified-AA-FLASH)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Anyone know of places to score good deals on Snell 2010 helmets in GTA.

I know most road courses don't always require a helmet (or one with a Snell 2000+ rating), but I like the piece of mind driving with one.
    07 338xi | TiAG | Premium Pkg | Carbon Fiber Trim Wrap | E90 | BMW Perf. Intake | BMW Perf. Exhaust | Active Autowerke Stage 2 | 3 Stage Intake Manifold | KW V1 | Euro Xenon Headlights | VMR V710 | Custom Car Coding |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by desi4life10 Click here to enlarge

I know most road courses don't always require a helmet (or one with a Snell 2000+ rating), but I like the piece of mind driving with one.
    +1 on this also.
    08 335i | Space Gray | Burl Walnut Wood Trim | Sport pkg | Premium Pkg | LOGIC7 | Navi | Comfort Access

| COBB | Injen DCI | Active Autowerke | Sonic Tuning | E92 Lighting | ER | HKS | BMS |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

The place I went to for my helmet was in Kitchner. Problem is that they sell Snell M rated helmets only (motorcycle).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I know Fast eddie racewear and sportscar boutique sells snell rated helmets. But tbh you will not find a good deal locally. I suggest just going to these places to try on a helmet that you like, see what fits, and then order it online.
    ///Matthew
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

@MK599 Thanks for the reference. I though there was a place near Vaughan that sold some helmets at a good deal.

I hesitate when buying helmets online for 2 reasons:
    -Correct Size
    -Damages

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Trying to get out to the track a lot this year. A lot of TMP as usual but trying to make it out to Mosport GP and Calabogie without breaking the wallet. Will look out for dates Click here to enlarge

Try to get me on the GP for under $400 and I will be there.
    ///Matthew
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Give Rocco at RMP a call he can get good deals on bell and hjc I believe
    2011 Bmw 335is - The new track slut
    1997 Bmw M3 - CASC GT1 - Old Track Slut (Gone but not forgot Click here to enlarge)

Bmw Club Trillium Chapter - Race Instructor

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Guys I might be able to setup a day a mosport DDT for a small group 10 people or so. Let me know who would be interested. I can figure out costs. If instruction is needed ill do my best to get into most people's cars but if any members like desi or Darin wants to help instruct if they feel comfortable?
    1997 Bmw M3 - CASC GT1 - Old Track Slut (Gone but not forgot Click here to enlarge)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MK599 Click here to enlarge
    Trying to get out to the track a lot this year. A lot of TMP as usual but trying to make it out to Mosport GP and Calabogie without breaking the wallet. Will look out for dates Click here to enlarge

Try to get me on the GP for under $400 and I will be there.
    If you have never been on mosport GP I strongly suggest going with an instructor or someone who has alot of time on that track. Mosport GP isn't a track to be taken lightly. Not much room for error

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 335isGuy Click here to enlarge
    If you have never been on mosport GP I strongly suggest going with an instructor or someone who has alot of time on that track. Mosport GP isn't a track to be taken lightly. Not much room for error

Thanks, I have been on the track before, I will def get an instructor. But since Canadian Tire bought it, I cannot justify the price increase to go..
    ///Matthew
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Give Rocco at RMP a call he can get good deals on bell and hjc I believe
    Nice...Thanks for the heads up. I am a fan of Bell helmets, I'll give him a call. Is it ok if I tell him you recomended him to me ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Guys I might be able to setup a day a mosport DDT for a small group 10 people or so. Let me know who would be interested. I can figure out costs. If instruction is needed ill do my best to get into most people's cars but if any members like desi or Darin wants to help instruct if they feel comfortable?
    I will be down for DDT...I am not sure if I got the balls yet to do GP. Always wanted to try GP out, maybe soon.
    I am not really an instructor yet, but I can give tips here and there if members have questions at the track.
    Thanks bud for looking into this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MK599 Click here to enlarge
    Thanks, I have been on the track before, I will def get an instructor. But since Canadian Tire bought it, I cannot justify the price increase to go..
    I noticed this when I was looking for the Mosport site..kept saying Canadian Tire (WTF moment). What are the prices like now? Wasn't it like $300 before CT bought em out?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I noticed this when I was looking for the Mosport site..kept saying Canadian Tire (WTF moment). What are the prices like now? Wasn't it like $300 before CT bought em out?
    Yea they acquired mosport early last year. If I recall correctly it was always under $400 for a day. Now I haven't seen a price under $600!! Click here to enlarge

To be fair they have done some extensive renovations to maintain up keep.
    ///Matthew
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I will add these dates to our Facebook events calender!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Nice...Thanks for the heads up. I am a fan of Bell helmets, I'll give him a call. Is it ok if I tell him you recomended him to me ?
    Ya no problem man

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

@Havok

You down for some open car lapping this year (like last time)

Watched your gopro video the other day of me increasing the distance between our cars on Cayuga :-P

I think you were catching up but the camera got foggy and the rest of the video was deemed destroyed :-)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Good idea for a thread, loving the Canadian activity so far.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

@Havok

You down for some open car lapping this year (like last time)

Watched your gopro video the other day of me increasing the distance between our cars on Cayuga :-P

I think you were catching up but the camera got foggy and the rest of the video was deemed destroyed :-)
    lol yeah I was getting better and catching up as things progressed. I just removed my rear rubber, was down to the fibers!! New tires soon to come.

i may just get a set of rubber and rims for lapping though.

Yeah I am up for some laps, did no lapping in 2012 Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Havok Click here to enlarge
    lol yeah I was getting better and catching up as things progressed. I just removed my rear rubber, was down to the fibers!! New tires soon to come.

i may just get a set of rubber and rims for lapping though.

Yeah I am up for some laps, did no lapping in 2012 Click here to enlarge
    Piece of advice dude. Get something that isn't too aggressive for track just yet tire wise. Meaning don't go advan ad08 or rcomps just yet. Get something like v12's, ps2, etc. reason bring you want to learn the limits of the car with less. You can learn lots of mistakes with tires for example because they will hide driver errors based on the grip level. Learn the car then progress.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Piece of advice dude. Get something that isn't too aggressive for track just yet tire wise. Meaning don't go advan ad08 or rcomps just yet. Get something like v12's, ps2, etc. reason bring you want to learn the limits of the car with less. You can learn lots of mistakes with tires for example because they will hide driver errors based on the grip level. Learn the car then progress.
    Thanks bud, this is sound advice Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I was invited to the private event at the Centralia Airport for the past 2 years in a row, and I have always been out of the Country during the time it was happening. Hopefully this year I will be around.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

+1
    Great advice.

All these rcomps tires area great, but they are also great at hiding driver errors.
    The track is a place you want to become "better" at doing as you do more events. I tried it on my conti sport 3 and now I have invos...conti really shaped me up. I most likley won't go rcomps (unless I score some good deals on a tire/rim combo).

@Havok
    If you are looking for another set, 17 is perfectly fine as well (cheaper).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Havok Click here to enlarge
    I was invited to the private event at the Centralia Airport for the past 2 years in a row, and I have always been out of the Country during the time it was happening. Hopefully this year I will be around.
    Wicked event btw.

Attended it once last year. Get a mix of straight and curves. The straights I managed to reach to 195km/hr (not bad for a 328) :-)

Only thing is that the event is a far drive indeed and in a pretty remote area.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast